closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie - Post Count restrictions

Master

Newbie - Post Count restrictions

Can these be explained to me - I am new to this forum - I need 50 posts to be able to do this and 50 posts to be able to do that

I have always been a keen photography and post on many Forum - but I need 25 posts to be able to view or post here

Is this a "closed" members forum for a select group of people - have I made a mistake by trying to join?

What's it all about - 5 or 10 posts yes - but 50!!!!!

Master

Re: Newbie - Post Count restrictions

hi bill. welcome to tzuk. post restrictions are in place mainly to dissuade people from just rocking up using the sales corner as a free ebay. there are a few board anomalies such as the one you mention, however once youve made a few contributions you'll soon be able to access all parts of the board. hth.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master

jabba the accountants posting has vanished before I could take his advice - is that another function that will be explained in "stickies"

hi bill, maybe youre confused because you inadvertantly posted the same thread twice? anyway, 'jabba the acountant' isnt an individual but a post ranking, youll find a few jabbas on here :wink: all the best dave
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Welcome to the forum. You need 50 posts to view Sales Corner and 250 to post there. Once you can view SC you can PM a member if you wish to buy. The 250 restriction is to deter dealers and folks using SCD as a free eBay alternative. Get reading and asking questions, you will soon get your post count up, but do NOT speed post or you will likely suffer a forum software glitch! :wink:
    F.T.F.A.

Erm no, you have inadvertently posted the same message twice; my reply is in the other. And, by the way, Jabba the accountant is a sort of denomination based on post count - all part of the fun and our host's sometimes strange sense of humour.

I speedposted and get banned!Or not banned - I don`t know exactly wjhat I am.I can view only Watch Talk and write there.
    I am waiting for Eddie to unlock me.

Craftsman

Just out of interest, what is the jabba the accountant thing or Brown thing that accompanies a lot of members?

Quote Originally Posted by Theboydonald
    Just out of interest, what is the jabba the accountant thing or Brown thing that accompanies a lot of members?
    It is a "rank" based on the number of posts you have made.

regards,
    Nick

Master

I cannot find the "sticky" to which Jabba refers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillN
    Click below...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55646

Also, it would be a good idea and polite to read the replies provided. He's not called Jabba :wink:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66
    Click below...

Also, it would be a good idea and polite to read the replies provided. He's not called Jabba :wink:
    I am a newbie on here - did you read "Jabba's" reply to me

Anyway this Forum is too difficult for an "OAP" like me as most of what I click on I can't read - so while it's all been very interesting I may as well say "goodbye" and presumably "Eddie" can just get rid of my profile and user name - I just cannot see what the preventing posting items for sale until the member is know to the Forum has to do with "digital photography"

Master

Click below...

Anyway this Forum is too difficult for an "OAP" like me as most of what I click on I can't read - so while it's all been very interesting I may as well say "goodbye" and presumably "Eddie" can just get rid of my profile and user name - I just cannot see what the preventing posting items for sale until the member is know to the Forum has to do with "digital photography"[/quote]

should have gone to spec savers THIS IS A WATCH FORUM
    just in case your deaf as well as blind

:shock:

it is a watch forum init ?????

Master

Click below...

Anyway this Forum is too difficult for an "OAP" like me as most of what I click on I can't read - so while it's all been very interesting I may as well say "goodbye" and presumably "Eddie" can just get rid of my profile and user name - I just cannot see what the preventing posting items for sale until the member is know to the Forum has to do with "digital photography"
    Them's the rules and the rest of us seem to manage fine. Stick around and you'll hit 50 in no time.

Banned

Although the post count thing is a pain, I understand and completely agree.

Newbie - Post Count restrictions

Bills overdosed on Wurthers.

Digital photography Bill, is a different thing to watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvomanuk
    Click below...

Anyway this Forum is too difficult for an "OAP" like me as most of what I click on I can't read - so while it's all been very interesting I may as well say "goodbye" and presumably "Eddie" can just get rid of my profile and user name - I just cannot see what the preventing posting items for sale until the member is know to the Forum has to do with "digital photography"[/quote]

There is a Digital Photography sub-forum
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master

Thanks - not long to go before I can see what I'm missing

PS - Digital photography is a subject I can contribute to

Click below...

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55646

agree entirely. I couldn't view the Reviews section until I had 25 (?) posts. What on earth has this got to do with Sales Corner? It's silly, but it seems we're in the minority.

Click below...

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55646

deaf as well as blind? Excuse me?

He was referring to the subforum. You are a rude plonker.

I agree it's not good, or is it? Post count up another notch :D

TZ-UK A friendly place to discuss watches without oppressive moderation.
    The clue is in the title.
    The other subforums are there as add-ons for people who might be interested in other topics.

You will have a lot of exploring ahead of you. for example:
    The bear pit is for cage fighting and internet arguments.
    And the Bullingdon Club is for esteeamed members only (and top secret societies)

Enjoy the journey.

Craftsman

All so impatient !!!! Take it easy and enjoy the forum. Ive amassed a whole 422 posts since May 2009 :cry:(423 now). SC is a bonus here but the forums are the main purpose. Ive learned loads about watches, got some great filthy jokes :mrgreen: and said 'last watch' more time than i care to remember :shock: . Ive been helped out no end by some of the members on here :thumbright: :thumbleft: and appreciate it all. Do i enjoy having SC .... yes, would i still use TZ if it wasn't there ... YES. Maybe reach 844 by 2014 lol. I'll never get in 1000+ room :( lol.

If you don't like Eddies rules don't come here.

Niall

Eddie sent me another mail due my request to unlock the forum features for me.He said that I still post rubbish.I am already kind of insulted by the way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mitadoc
    Eddie sent me another mail due my request to unlock the forum features for me.He said that I still post rubbish.I am already kind of insulted by the way.
    Look, Doc, this is how it is...

Anyone looking at your 'profile' at the minute would say the second you are 'unlocked' you will sell something.

Otherwise, what on earth is so important?

Tell us, tell Eddie...

I am that kind of person - if I can`t have something - I piss out.When I have it - probably I won`t use it or use it a few times,but I will know that I may use it if I want and everytime I want.Just principles.I think we are all the same.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

I am that kind of person - if I can`t have something - I piss out.When I have it - probably I won`t use it or use it a few times,but I will know that I may use it if I want and everytime I want.Just principles.I think we are all the same.
    no, we arent.

we dont ALL litter multiple threads with nonsense in order to hit the magic 250.. and we dont ALL disrupt with tales of post count woe.

Quote Originally Posted by verv
    no, we arent.

we dont ALL litter multiple threads with nonsense in order to hit the magic 250.. and we dont ALL disrupt with tales of post count woe.
    It`s easy when you have got there.However. :wink:

Sorry mate, just got to call you out on that.

This thread, your post is gone btw > viewtopic.php?f=1&p=2001814

If you are interested in midsize Seamaster with 1120 chronometer - mail me at
    Burnsey is right. You tried to advertise outside the SC, you must have known that was not on. If you act this way it is no wonder you're having problems.

Master

Click below...

I'm not sure how to answer your point "just in case your deaf as well as blind" tactfully as clearly you are someone who knows the forum intimately being "an Accountant' with many posts to his credit.

Before I registered I looked through the Forum and thought I saw a section for "digital photography" - but maybe I'm wrong but I would not describe someone who is not aware of such a section as deaf and blind,

Maybe you should "get out more" within the Forum

Thanks for your comments, always useful .............. but I must try to find the "ignore" button ... maybe you could point me in the right direction

I'm active on some overseas forums and have just moved back to the UK. I like the restrictions on SC as it reduces the junk and fraudsters. However, I would like to access reviews and don't understand the restriction on those.

Sure I can post comments and will get to 25 soon enough but I'm not sure how this benefits the forum.

Regardless of these idiosyncrasies, TZ-UK is a good forum so I'm happy to be part of it.

Dom

I am happy too,but I will be happier if I am part of the whole thing,not only one piece of the forum.

I am happy too,but I will be happier if I am part of the whole thing,not only one piece of the forum.
    The jury's firmly out on whether the rest of us will be.

Quote Originally Posted by nondom
    I'm active on some overseas forums and have just moved back to the UK. I like the restrictions on SC as it reduces the junk and fraudsters. However, I would like to access reviews and don't understand the restriction on those.

Sure I can post comments and will get to 25 soon enough but I'm not sure how this benefits the forum.

Regardless of these idiosyncrasies, TZ-UK is a good forum so I'm happy to be part of it.

Dom
    Dear Non Dom Dom :wink:

Rules is Rules, and it's been covered a lot, but to save you some time on the search function. The quiet traffic on some of the sub forums, for example "Reviews", means that some folks think they can resurrect several, tens, maybe dozens of old, ancient, dead and long forgotton threads with comments such as " :) " "Nice" "Cool" "Thanks" and "Want one" in a posting rush to get to SC. They seem to think no one will notice. This is... rude. Nothing wrong with the comments as such, but when their only purpose is to get to SC it becomes a little tedious.

Stick with it, it's worth it. Usually, by the time folks have settled into regular posting the sub fora open up pretty quickly.

Cheers
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by gray

Dom

Rules is Rules, and it's been covered a lot, but to save you some time on the search function. The quiet traffic on some of the sub fora, for example "Reviews", means that some folks think they can resurrect several, tens, maybe dozens of old, ancient, dead and long forgotton threads with comments such as " :) " "Nice" "Cool" "Thanks" and "Want one" in a posting rush to get to SC. They seem to think no one will notice. This is... rude. Nothing wrong with the comments as such, but when their only purpose is to get to SC it becomes a little tedious.

Stick with it, it's worth it. Usually, by the time folks have settled into regular posting the sub fora open up pretty quickly.

Cheers
    Cool

Dom

Rules is Rules, and it's been covered a lot, but to save you some time on the search function. The quiet traffic on some of the sub fora, for example "Reviews", means that some folks think they can resurrect several, tens, maybe dozens of old, ancient, dead and long forgotton threads with comments such as " :) " "Nice" "Cool" "Thanks" and "Want one" in a posting rush to get to SC. They seem to think no one will notice. This is... rude. Nothing wrong with the comments as such, but when their only purpose is to get to SC it becomes a little tedious.

Cheers
    Cool
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Gray

Master

Dom

Cheers
    From my first few days, (and postings), I agree - Thanks to the people I have come into contact with

Dont worry, with my current pace its only 4 years left for me. See it like a degree

Several people have lost hundreds of pounds through fraud when the forum rules were more liberal. People joined the forum to sell watches or answer WTB posts via PM and ripped people off. The rules are there to prevent fraudulent activity, the fraudsters usually want a quick hit and can't be bothered racking up the required number of posts.

If you're serious about joining the forum, I bid you welcome but if you can't be bothered then it's goodbye from me......

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I am curious - how will you recognize the serious people from the bad people who aim a fraud?I can build a reputation over an year and then I can do great fraud.The post count is nonsence.

I am curious - how will you recognize the serious people from the bad people who aim a fraud?I can build a reputation over an year and then I can do great fraud.The post count is nonsence.
    If that's how you feel, then I suspect this place is not for you................

(by the way, most fraudsters want a fast buck and making a year of posts for the possibility of a few grand is rather small minded)
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Not long to go before I can buy some more watches. Problems: first, no money; second, saving for a possible rare obscure biggie which seems v. unlikely to appear on SC. Oh well, I can dream.

Banned

The post count is nonsence.
    Doc, is this poor use of English (not meant as a criticism), or do you consider the need for people to get to know you through posts is 'nonsense'?

Personally I wouldn't buy from you, sell to you, or trade with you.

Other than on the forums where the above applies, I'm sure I will enjoy some posts.

If I buy an expensive watch - I buy it from trusted seller with warranty.Can somebody give me a warranty and a service?
    I don`t want to make frauds.In fact - I use the same nickname for years in any forum I visit or have been visited.I can give everyone my address or number if they want - I don`t care because I don`t have anything to hide or to be afraid of.

If I buy an expensive watch - I buy it from trusted seller with warranty.Can somebody give me a warranty and a service?
    I don`t want to make frauds.In fact - I use the same nickname for years in any forum I visit or have been visited.I can give everyone my address or number if they want - I don`t care because I don`t have anything to hide or to be afraid of.
    So why are you complaining?

Doc, is this poor use of English (not meant as a criticism), or do you consider the need for people to get to know you through posts is 'nonsense'?

Other than on the forums where the above applies, I'm sure I will enjoy some posts.
    No,it was just a mistake.Anyway - if I keen on you as a buyer - poor me!

No,it was just a mistake.Anyway - if I keen on you as a buyer - poor me!
    Classic :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK
    If you have read all my posts in this thread you shouldn`t ask such a question...
    Do a search.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK
    If you have read all my posts in this thread you shouldn`t ask such a question...
    Do a search.
    I haven't - you are just whining, why does this require me to read your diatribe?

You don't like the rules - it's not your forum.

You don't agree with what it is in place for - its not your forum.

Oh, - it's not your forum (did I already say that?)