closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Euros - dump or stay put?!

Euros - dump or stay put?!

What you chaps think, dump or stick with it?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Re: Euros - dump or stay put?!

IMHO Dump - Dead Man Walking :shock: ?
    Regards M

Interesting thought. I've got 100 odd Euros left over from this year's holiday. Normally I just keep them till next year, but I think I might take the exchange rate hit and change them back.

I think it depends if you intend to return to Euro zone soon.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob
    Interesting thought. I've got 100 odd Euros left over from this year's holiday. Normally I just keep them till next year, but I think I might take the exchange rate hit and change them back.
    Same here i was going to wait until next year when they start to go up again or keep for a holiday if i'm in the EU but may just stick them in now.

For £100 it isnt really worth the effort and the exchange rate spread to change them back into £...

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaddom3
    For £100 it isnt really worth the effort and the exchange rate spread to change them back into £...
    Ohhhh Check her! ^

What you chaps think, dump or stick with it?
    We live in interesting times; most professional commentators think that the euro will live,( look at the effort and money which has been poured in to maintain the momentum of the Projet), perhaps with a different core of countries, the stronger ones, e.g, germany, netherlands, france.

The weaker ones will leave, or remain as satellites of the EU.

If this scenario pans out, then it makes sense to retain euros from the stronger countries (all notes have a code which denotes country of origin), and predictions are that they will appreciate in value against current euro levels.

If you want a gamble you could convert all of your spare £`s into euros .......and enjoy some sleepless nights whilst the whole thing pans out! You might win, you might lose!

Usual health and safety warning to be applied to this advice.

Jim

Grand Master

Unless you're sitting on a big pile of Euros it isn`t worth worrying about.

Paul

I think they are only heading down in value until the kick Greece & possibly another out then I would buy all that I can as once they start running it as a proper currency I think it will become very strong.

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"

What will eventually happen is the larger more stable economies (Germany, France, etc) will demand, and get, control over the economies of the trouble makers (Greece, etc) in order to prevent their fiscal irresponsibility and weak economy from draging down the entire EU monetary system.

The EU will eventually become a federal state, this will be the first step.

Blog Entries

perhaps with a different core of countries, the stronger ones, e.g, germany, netherlands, france.
    Please, don't mention France as one of the stronger countries! Until today it they hadn't figured out that that it would be a good idea to raise the age for retirement from 60 yo 62 y/o. Now, the government talks about a 7 billion euro cut, including raising the age of retirement...
    The only strong countries are Germany, Holland and Finland. Overhere in Holland, there are voice calling for a Neuro (Northern Euro) and a Seuro (Southern Euro) - I must add that 'Seuro' is pronounced in Dutch as 'Zeuro' and that means 'Drag', 'Old F*rt'...

A good example of what will happen is Switzerland: the Swiss Franc is going through the roof these days (SFr vs Euro) and the Swiss are not happy with that. The wintersport hotel owners are facing big problems: they cannot fill the hotel rooms for the next season: the rates are up with 20%!

Menno

Please, don't mention France as one of the stronger countries!
    I was being polite.

And bearing in mind that it was france and germany who have just brought down the greek government and prime minister, and who seem to be calling the shots in euroland these days. That`s strength. One shouldn`t ignore the new napoleon.

Last time I was in Holland, May this year, not many liked the idea of remaining in the euro. Perhaps it`s a split between what the people want and the government

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster
    A good example of what will happen is Switzerland: the Swiss Franc is going through the roof these days (SFr vs Euro) and the Swiss are not happy with that. The wintersport hotel owners are facing big problems: they cannot fill the hotel rooms for the next season: the rates are up with 20%!

Menno
    We stopped for a night in Lausanne in the summer, and went to a local bar. One pint and one half of lager came to £11! At those prices, no wonder it's tough times for Swiss tourism..

Cheers,

Plug

The Euro will stick around for ever and we will join it in 10 years.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Top
    The Euro will stick around for ever and we will join it in 10 years.
    I will be there sooner if Alex Salmond gets his wish.