closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega seamaster rubber strap options

Omega seamaster rubber strap options

this has probabbly been done a million times but i cant find a specific answer and codes..

Im after a rubber strap for my 2254.50 ( or it may go on my GMT, unsure yet) I went into goldsmiths and they have just rung me back, with a price of £312, which i hope is for a deployment type.. but they couldnt tell me what id exactly be buying at that.. :roll: What price should i be paying for a deployment? and also a pin/buckle type?? and are there any codes i could quote them to make sure i got the right ones?? thanks

-Dave

Re: Omega seamaster rubber strap options

Great... they just rung me back and said they got the price wrong... deployment £388 and pin/buckle £175... :shock:

thats the one i want, does anyone have the code for it to make price matching easier? thanks

The seamaster 20mm strap and planet ocean 20mm strap differ at lug ends, so don't fall in to that trap.

For your seamaster, you want a 98000085 strap with 9451-2012 olympic buckle.

These can be had from Omega Westfield for approx £110.

My old one:

Quote Originally Posted by RossC
    The seamaster 20mm strap and planet ocean 20mm strap differ at lug ends, so don't fall in to that trap.

just rung them, quoted 90 for strap and 160 for buckle... are they loosing the plot?? think ill ring tomorrow and hope i talk to someone else :roll:

The purists would argue that Omega divers belong on an Isofrane.

Result! omega boutique came back with a proper price... then gave me the buckle FOC :wink: Now its a waiting game! ill get some pics up once its landed!

Quote Originally Posted by BCD
    Result! omega boutique came back with a proper price... then gave me the buckle FOC :wink: Now its a waiting game! ill get some pics up once its landed!
    So what was the price then with buckle and postage? I assume they made a mistake when looking for the buckle price?

£90 but she didnt add postage on as they don't have any in stock, going to be nearly 3 weeks wait. i think she quoted me for a deployment buckle(not realising the strap doesnt fit a deployment) , but i guess thats a pretty good price for one of them anyway.

...but i guess thats a pretty good price for one of them anyway.
    Sure is :)

From what I've heard, the price isn't always concrete at £90, I've heard £100, £105 and £110 also, but £90 plus postage seems the most quoted price.

A damn sight better than Goldsmiths et al...

For that strap is £90 + £10 postage. I ordered one last week...

hi, is the omega strap so much better than a £20 strap off ebay.is there a big difference in the quality of rubber

The eBay cheapo is silicone and based on the Planet Ocean lugs so much harder to fit but I believe it's possible because the silicone is so soft. Expect it to attract lint/fluff/dust/crap all over it.

The Omega one is vulcanised rubber, perfect seamaster fit, still soft and supple but should last much longer and is not a lint magnet. IMO there's no mistaking the quality.

No way am I putting a £1000+ watch on a £20 strap off eBay!

:lol: You mean in the same way that people put £4000 Rolex's on £10 Nato Straps..?

Craftsman

Looking at a strap for my Planet Ocean Chrono (the orange bezel on a ss bracelet).....

Genuine Omega Rubber Strap is quoted at £148.75 + £10.00 P&P
    or
    Genuine Omega Stitched Rubber Strap & Deployment Clasp at £300.00 + £10.00 P&P

I have been told the deployment clasp is a bit fiddly and maybe not too secure, and the rubber one is the best option.......any other advice???

That's just strap snobbery, lol.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by fornowagain
    id be more concerned about the strap breaking!!! :-O

Quote Originally Posted by nutjob1234
    I have been told the deployment clasp is a bit fiddly and maybe not too secure, and the rubber one is the best option.......any other advice???
    The deployant is a work of art, but I use mine on a genuine alligator strap which it's more suited to. I wouldn't wear it with a rubber strap, as rubber is more casual IMO.

The rubber strap with Olympic buckle is the right side of casual and very secure. If you want to go the deployant route, treat your watch to a genuine leather, not rubber.

The stitched Omega rubber with Omega deployant looks like a leather strap, but avoids the whole leather-on-a-diver incongruity.

The Omega deployant clasp is by far the easiest to use and most comfortable one out there.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by fornowagain

ive had worse insults hahah! :mrgreen:

As for the natos, they aint my thing, i had velcro up to the age of 5, i kinda wanna leave it where it belongs... on my size 3 kids shoes :twisted:

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by nutjob1234
    The deployant is a work of art, but I use mine on a genuine alligator strap which it's more suited to. I wouldn't wear it with a rubber strap, as rubber is more casual IMO.

The rubber strap with Olympic buckle is the right side of casual and very secure. If you want to go the deployant route, treat your watch to a genuine leather, not rubber.
    Thanks for the advice!

I dont think the orange bezel PO would suit the leather, which is why I was tending towards the diving type strap. I think having seen the pics of the stitched version I'll go for the rubber PO strap with the Olympic buckle - it'll be a change from the SS braclet, which still looks very smart if the need for such grandeur arises!! :lol:

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei
    The stitched Omega rubber with Omega deployant looks like a leather strap, but avoids the whole leather-on-a-diver incongruity.

The Omega deployant clasp is by far the easiest to use and most comfortable one out there.

Paul
    Thanks for the pics Paul!! :wink:

............nice watch by the way, like the gold and black!!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jamm
    hi, is the omega strap so much better than a £20 strap off ebay.is there a big difference in the quality of rubber
    the dust repelling qualities are so much better on the gens, also the etching is a lot crisper also and the fit around the lugs is perfect you will not be disapointed with your pick up.

Paul
    I love this strap, thinking about it for my 2254. Do you know the code for it? All I seem to find has white stitching..

Craftsman

I got the black omega seamaster pro gmt ( 50 years ), but my strap says planet ocean 98000144 64 haf. Have i bought the wrong strap for my watch? It fits ok i think :?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzman
    I got the black omega seamaster pro gmt ( 50 years ), but my strap says planet ocean 98000144 64 haf. Have i bought the wrong strap for my watch? It fits ok i think :?
    If it fits, happy days, but generally, the planet ocean strap won't fit as the curved ends are too long and spring bars won't squeeze in. The Planet Ocean has longer lugs than the 41mm SMP's.

I must say i think £300ish for a strap is outrageous, I do prefer the cheaper rubber strap though.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73
    +1. I did consider putting my SMP on isofrane, thought they looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73
    +1. I did consider putting my SMP on isofrane, thought they looked great.
    I wouldn't put my SMP back on its bracelet. The blue Isofrane really makes that watch pop.

i have a smiliar to this incoming

wait for pictures when it gets here :)

Journeyman

I'd love one of these for my bond seamaster, what was the total price & where from?, if you don't mind me asking.

Nothing has come of it yet! Waiting for a call back after god knows how many months!

Journeyman

Nothing has come of it yet! Waiting for a call back after god knows how many months!

I'll see what i can do locally & let you know.

Yet another phone call... this time to add another strap(for my PO this time) to my yet to arrive order!

they must be a busy bunch!

Craftsman

Paul

Thanks for sharing Paul. This is a lovely rubber strap for SMP. Could you share with us the part# code on this particular strap?

Sorry didn't browse this subforum for a while, missed the question.

The model reference is OME-98000037. It is designed to fit the Seamaster 2254.50 and models that use the same case. Ofrei note :

This strap is used by Omega on case number 168.1613, 168.1617, 168.1640, 168.1623 and many more. It can also be found on some America's cup models such as model number 2833.50.91 2991.50.91. if you have model 2232.80.00, 2031.50.00, 2231.80.00, 2991.80.93 you can use this strap
    ( The watch in the photo has been sold, so the strap is for sale )

Paul

Blog Entries

For future information..took a punt and bought a seamaster rubber strap for my vintage SM300.

Please note it does not fit properly...gaps to lugs.

Guess I better buy a ceramic SMP so I can use the strap. :P

PS Great quality strap and I think it is slightly more flexible than the PO version which I owned previously.