closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega 45mm PO rubber strap £200?

Omega 45mm PO rubber strap £200?

Phoned up Goldsmiths there and they have quote £200 for:

22mm rubber strap 98000145
    Buckle 94512022

First of all, i thought it came as one piece? not separates?

And also, is £200 a good price?

Re: Omega 45mm PO rubber strap £200?

Yep - rubber strap and deployment are separate and £200 is about standard I think. :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hack
    Yep - rubber strap and deployment are separate and £200 is about standard I think. :)
    Thanks for both confirmations, there was an element of doubt in the guys voice and i am sure it came as one piece! lol

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun
    I would try Mapin and Webb first. Goldsmiths quoted me £200 for a Ploprof 600m replacement strap that was £150 from M&P.
    Funny you should say that, i just left a message with the girl at Mapin and Webb. She is going to call me back with a price. Good to phone around. I dont think these come up too often on SC or ebay (they all look fake on ebay!)

Quote Originally Posted by bairdyboy
    I would try Mapin and Webb first. Goldsmiths quoted me £200 for a Ploprof 600m replacement strap that was £150 from M&P.
    Funny you should say that, i just left a message with the girl at Mapin and Webb. She is going to call me back with a price. Good to phone around. I dont think these come up too often on SC or ebay (they all look fake on ebay!)
    Also call 0208743356 for a quote. (Omega Westfield). They often have decent prices on these straps.
    I phoned them about an hour ago and they gave me the code for the 20mm version and they didnt mention the buckle...! Also they said they need for me to fax photo ID and a few other things????

https://watchretail.co.uk/omega-22mm-pl ... -1548.html

Have alook here 155 pound with the pin buckle.

Craftsman

Also they said they need for me to fax photo ID and a few other things????
    Meybe he/she is interested about you. :wink:

-OD

Also call 0208743356 for a quote. (Omega Westfield). They often have decent prices on these straps.
    If you saw the earlier post about a sales assistant at the Westfield store and you went along to collect your strap, you may be able to vouch for the pulchritudinousness of said assistant, not forgetting your spy camera so we can share in the joy.....

Quote Originally Posted by markie3182
    https://watchretail.co.uk/omega-22mm-planet-ocean-black-vulcanised-rubber-strap-98000145-p-1548.html

Have alook here 155 pound with the pin buckle.
    That doesnt include VAT does it? Or does it lol

For what? To order it?
    Yep to order it and get it delivered, not sure why? security reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by odgreen
    Also they said they need for me to fax photo ID and a few other things????
    Meybe he/she is interested about you. :wink:

-OD
    Maybe haha

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato

If you saw the earlier post about a sales assistant at the Westfield store and you went along to collect your strap, you may be able to vouch for the pulchritudinousness of said assistant, not forgetting your spy camera so we can share in the joy.....
    What sales assistant is this?? I have perked up now!!!

M&W just phoned and they want £295!!!

Whats the world coming to when Goldsmiths are the cheapest option.... :roll: :roll:

There must be some really good aftermarket strap options rather than shell out £200.

I'm thinking about adding a Bradystrap with sailcloth print but wonder if any PO owners have pics of better strap options :)

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato

What sales assistant is this?? I have perked up now!!!
    There was a thread a couple of weeks ago where a TZer passed comment on the vision of driven lovliness he came across ( as it were ) at the Omega Shop in Westfield. It was suggested that someone in the Bush area should slip on over and sneakily snap her , so we could all share the joy. The thread ran out of steam, I suspect we are all rather more weak in westfieldthe presence of beauty than we would like to admit and are nervous about starting to giggle in her presence.. Do a search for "Westfield" on the site and it should pop up, I think the photo posted was a joke as I don't think anyone makes a watch strap large enough to fit "that" wrist.....

here we go
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=193492&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a& hilit=

I ordered mine in person from Goldsmith's in Leicester and paid £115 all in.

This was 2 years ago and they've shot up in price or I was undercharged.............. or you're having your butt slapped :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney
    I ordered mine in person from Goldsmith's in Leicester and paid £115 all in.

This was 2 years ago and they've shot up in price or I was undercharged.............. or you're having your butt slapped :mrgreen:
    It seems that £200 is infact a not bad price. (judging from prices from other shops!!)

Might look into alternative straps... hmmmmm

Master
    Blog Entries

I phoned them about an hour ago and they gave me the code for the 20mm version and they didnt mention the buckle...! Also they said they need for me to fax photo ID and a few other things????
    When I called Westfield, one of the girls said the same to me. I called the next day to order and didn't need to do this, just gave my credit card number as usual. I found them the cheapest for my SeMP strap + tang buckle so try them again?

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones
    When I called Westfield, one of the girls said the same to me. I called the next day to order and didn't need to do this, just gave my credit card number as usual. I found them the cheapest for my SeMP strap + tang buckle so try them again?
    Might give them a phone now that i have the actual part numbers...

Also i wouldnt be using a credit card, maybe thats why? who knows lol

Right i dont get this....

I gave the part numbers to westfield and they said it would be £90 all in!!!!!! Something mustttt be wrong here!

Sounds like some suppliers have got confused with a normal buckle verses a deployment..?
    Found the boutiques cheaper than online, cousins included, for my strap, etc...

Right i dont get this....

I gave the part numbers to westfield and they said it would be £90 all in!!!!!! Something mustttt be wrong here!
    That price is correct and typical from them. Usually between £90-£110.

See here.

Grand Master

£200 with buckle is about right, Ive had 11 or so Planet Oceans over the years and have to say that personally I find the 45mm too heavy on the bracelet and feel it serves a more sporty feel and fit on the rubber or rubber like straps, Id go for the strap, I agree its pricey but its a great daily wearer without ever having to worry about scratches and you forget you have it on
    RIAC

Master

One(new) is just ending on the bay in 2 hour...£91 so far