closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Will a Seiko 7s26 dial (or any others) fit a 6039 movement?

Master

Will a Seiko 7s26 dial (or any others) fit a 6039 movement?

Any help appreciated by the Seiko modders out there...

:D

As the title really, I've got a 6039-7290 with an awful non-genuine replacement dial.
    I'm in the process of trying to rescue the case as the lug holes look like they have been opened out and one is nearly breaking through, if it's successful :shock: I thought I'd treat it to a new dial and hand set.

Just wondering what other dials will fit this movement/case as I can't seem to find many replacement dials listed as fitting 6309's (10watches have got about 3 on their website). Will any of the 7s26/36 type fit? I don't mind doing a bit of bodging to get it in there :blackeye: :lol:
    Not sure what style I want either as yet, I wouldn't mind a military or pilot style if anything suitable was available.

Any help/ideas appreciated.

Re: Will a Seiko 7s26 dial (or any others) fit a 6039 movement?

Hi
    a lot seiko dials will fit if you don't mind chopping the the dial feet off, also any 6 series dial with 4 o'clock crown will fit without modification as long as it's day/date.

wookie

Master

Quote Originally Posted by wookie
    Hi
    a lot seiko dials will fit if you don't mind chopping the the dial feet off, also any 6 series dial with 4 o'clock crown will fit without modification as long as it's day/date.

wookie
    Thanks for that wookie, just need to decide what style I want now.
    When you say the dial feet have to be removed, do they have to be bonded on in the correct position then?

:D

Dials come with locating feet that are movement specific, if you take them off to let the dial fit another movement type you will have to secure the dial useing small 'dots of double sided tape.... Re-soldering feet without heat damaging the dial is very tricky...
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman

No. The dial are incompatible (diferent dial feet location).
    I wonce installed a SKX031 dial on a 6309-729 diver and, althought it looked super, the alignment with the date window was not good enough and I ended up installing a proper "soxa 6309" dial (perfect IMO).
    I would say that dial feet are usable if you have some kind of jig or a no date dial and no indexed chapter ring/bezel.