closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stone Roses set to tour..

Stone Roses set to tour..

Anyone else going to try for tickets on Friday?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15348374

Saw them in '89 and I think I paid a tenner. Expecting prices to be a tad more this time, but hopefully worth it.

Craftsman

Re: Stone Roses set to tour..

Great news , one of the best bands ever , just hope I can get tickets 8) .

Craftsman

I will be there, anywhere in Scotland or Englandshire, I will be there!

Grand Master

100% it will be fantastic and I'm sure they will get it right
    RIAC

Craftsman

Stone Roses set to tour..

I so hope they get it right. If they do it will be amazing!

Grand Master

Not sure if anyone has listened to Noel Gallghers Solo work (High Flying Birds) but its an impressive album and a return to the songwriting standard we expect
    RIAC

Oh, happy, happy, joy, joy! I hope they play Cardiff. I missed them live the first time around, i'll HAVE to see John Squire this time. Oh, happy days! :)

Take That for men.

I saw them the first time around and would love to see them again. Hope it is good and doesn't taint the memory as some reunions can.

I ll just stand outside Heaton Park for free :D
    Will try for the tickets but I have a feeling they ll be sold within record time.

Master

Stone Roses are responsible for my biggest musical disappointment EVER.

I really like the Stone Roses; amazing albums and I was a little too young to see them when they were at their peak but I did see them at Reading Festival in '96.

I really wished I hadn't so that the dream could have remained intact. The Band were great, Ian Brown was woeful. Not sure if he was drunk/drugged/didn't really wan't to be there but it was pitiful.

Fingers crossed they can make it happen this time.

I saw a picture of them today. It wasn't a pretty sight.
    F.T.F.A.

Banned

I cant see em being that different Ian Browns done some good live stuff recently and the rest of em will be sure to make an effort with a world tour coming up , i,ll be there if i get tickets 8)

Craftsman

Not sure if it's going to be a case of 'never meet your idols' but I'm going for it anyway.....
    Only uk date so far is the 2 dayer at Heaton Park and tickets are going to be £55+fees....fingers crossed for Friday.

I'm going for tickets. I will be gutted if I miss out but I reckon the demand will outstrip supply by some measure!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by a900ss
    The Band were great, Ian Brown was woeful. Not sure if he was drunk/drugged/didn't really wan't to be there but it was pitiful.
    I remember when they first came to the fore I was massively excited by the Stone Roses. I got hold of a live boot-leg and Ian Brown's singing was perhaps the most excruciatlingly poor I have ever heard from a professional band. By all accounts that was normal so I never went to see them as I knew I wouldn't be able to stand it. The music itself was and remains fantastic and I'm really looking forward to new material, but I'm not sure even now I'd go see them live because of Brown's singing (sic). Mind you, he's had 20 years to learn so maybe he's got better :lol:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH
    Quote Originally Posted by a900ss
    The Band were great, Ian Brown was woeful. Not sure if he was drunk/drugged/didn't really wan't to be there but it was pitiful.
    I remember when they first came to the fore I was massively excited by the Stone Roses. I got hold of a live boot-leg and Ian Brown's singing was perhaps the most excruciatlingly poor I have ever heard from a professional band. By all accounts that was normal so I never went to see them as I knew I wouldn't be able to stand it. The music itself was and remains fantastic and I'm really looking forward to new material, but I'm not sure even now I'd go see them live because of Brown's singing (sic). Mind you, he's had 20 years to learn so maybe he's got better :lol:
    Unfortunately I was a little too young to ever see the Roses so hoping for tickets this time.
    As for brown's singing, I've been to a number of his solo gigs and he has improved massively over time. Though I suspect that's also partly due to his newer stuff matching his vocal style better too.

fairy strong rumours they will be headlining V as well.

Those lucky chaps who baught next years festival tickets in the small window after last years will be chuffed no doubt. And another mad scramble in april when the rest go on sale.

Would love to see them but getting tickets might (will) be a nightmare.

A trip over to a european gig may be a good way.

Grand Master

They were a shambles live back in the early 90s, as were most of the bands of the same style, half cut, stoned and barely able to work out how to do a show, i think they've all matured pretty much in terms of age, style and performance, wish i could go, but it's barely worth while even phoning for a ticket as the touts will have them all sewn up.

The only thing to work out is how much they'll be going for on ebay and the likes, i'm guessing a £55 ticket will be going for ten times that on ebay

Master

I saw them 4 times first time round (Widnes, Blackpool, Ally Pally and Spike Island), so effectively small, medium, large and festival size audience. They were worse each time, and although there might be an element of wishful thinking in it, I do wonder if some of it was down to the sound engineers - regardless of Brown's wonky voice, the entire sound at Alexandra Palace (in particular) and Spike Island was diabolical.

I was lucky enough to catch them at Glasgow Rooftops in, I think, 89 just before they went stellar. The band themselves were pretty tight, John Squire was very impressive. Don't think I'll be doing them in arenas or festivals this time round, sad middle-aged indie elitist that I am

Craftsman

sad middle-aged indie elitist that I am[/quote]

Very good :) 8)

Saw them at ally ally in 89 and tbh was not that impressed at all :( Pity as their first album is one of my all time favourite albums.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Casper
    Saw them at ally ally in 89 and tbh was not that impressed at all :( Pity as their first album is one of my all time favourite albums.
    They were outstandingly bad there - something to do with the set up from what I recall, rather than so much the band themselves. Great occasion, but not a great gig.

Slightly saddened to see that Queens Hall has burned down recently - I saw some good bands there in the late 80s - Mondays, Carpets, Curly Watts from Coronation Street...

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey
    Not sure if anyone has listened to Noel Gallghers Solo work (High Flying Birds) but its an impressive album and a return to the songwriting standard we expect
    Second that. Was worried it would be pants but it lives up to expectations

Great day for music.
    Stone Roses back, and Westlife split up. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer
    Great day for music.
    Stone Roses back, and Westlife split up. :D
    Yep but Steps are back so its not all good! :D

Master

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by simonrah
    Genius ^

A great band in their day but sadly I fear that day has long gone... Its going to be dross

Two pages and NOBODY has mentioned the rival Steps reunion and tour :P

Quote Originally Posted by gentlemenpreferhats
    thats because steps are shit and stone roses are best band of last 20 odd years... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by gentlemenpreferhats
    Er i mentioned them a few comments back and yes they are completely shite, but sorry I can't get you a ticket..

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper
    They were outstandingly bad there - something to do with the set up from what I recall, rather than so much the band themselves. Great occasion, but not a great gig.
    I was there at Ally Pally too. Had a great time (travelled down from Yorkshire and slept in the back of the van with about ten of my mates) but the performance was truly dreadful. They should have stayed in the studio.

Emperor's new clothes.

Master

Was that the only time you saw them?

Craftsman

Love their albums, wife saw them live at Spike Island, and says they were rubbish. I won't be joining the scramble for tickets.

Master

If I was basing my judgement of them live on Spike Island and Ally Pally, neither would I, but they were capable of some great live performances. At Spike Island they weren't actually that bad, but it was a long, hot and boring day with inadequate facilities (i.e. massive queues for the bar) and support acts that didn't go down well. like Frankie Bones who played an interminable set whilst chanting his name over and over. Other than the sound levels being too low, the Roses themselves were fine.

Tried in vain to get tickets this morning from a couple of sites inc. for the added Sunday date. :( I don't think I'll be going near Ebay as I fear they might be a tad more expensive....

Craftsman

Ended up with non for any of the days, a bloody shambles. How can these ticket sites fail to build a system that can cope with demand. Its really not that hard to build something load balanced, or even try something simpler, there's so many approaches better than the current systems.

For one, why don't they simply require (or allow) you to register your details in advance so all you need to do is login earlier in the morning, then hit a one click checkout once they are available.

At least put all the required details on one form, and submit that in one go instead of making you go to 5 pages in a sequence, anyone of which could time out sending you back to the beginning. I got to the penultimate page on ticketmaster, entered my login details, got the password wrong, and instead of giving me another try, it crashed.

eBay and the ticket resale sites are already flooded with £150+ tickets, it really shouldn't be allowed. I have no problem someone selling on a ticket they legitimately can't use, but purchasing tickets for instant profit is IMO scummy behaviour. If I was in a band I wouldn't allow my fans to be treated in such a way. But then they have just made over £12m in ticket sales, and that's not even adding in the hospitality tickets!

I somehow got 4 at 9:31. So was really happy.

Stunned at the speed of the sell out though. Don't worry people who missed out though as the world tour schedule is supposedly being announced on monday

Craftsman

Managed to get 4 tickets as did a few friends.

There are two albums that I have listened to more than any others, The Stone Roses debut & Agaetis Byrjun.

Cannot wait to see the Roses live.

Banned

i had 2 tickets by the time i put my details in they had sold

loads have sold on ebay allready

for what its worth i had a long convesation with SJM concerts about the touts they have done everything they can to stop it
    they even lobbied ebay to stop touts

i hate those touts

:( didn't get any myself. Will see what other dates are released on Monday and try again. Well done to those that did bag them I'm very

£330 for one ticket!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170715313645? ... 1438.l2649

They're good but not that good :shock:

Banned

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STONE-ROSES-F ... 3a6ba1e7ad

this listing has a phone no when i asked him polite if he would sell me one at face value.he just kept calling me a d..k head
    just shows the sort of people who tout

Craftsman

Gutted, tried this morning and had my advanced higher class trying as well

Nada. Hope they are coming to Scotland

Tried for an hour with no luck. Not paying eBay prices either.

One of my mates has managed to get 4 tickets, so I'm chuffed. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing where they are touring elsewhere. It might be more of a giggle to see them abroad in the likes of Amsterdam!

Just seen this. Tout-baiting perhaps?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stone-Roses-R ... 35b628a60d

Quote Originally Posted by Theboydonald
    Gutted, tried this morning and had my advanced higher class trying as well

Nada. Hope they are coming to Scotland
    i'm sure Scotland and London are happening.

A third heaton park was added this morning but all 3 sold out very quickly.

I fancy a trip into Europe to see them but persuading others to fork out hundreds and come along might be tricky.