closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand to win

New Zealand to win

What a fantastic game, best i have seen for such a long time. A complete master class in Rugby and McCaw shows why he is deemed the best player in the world?

Craftsman

Re: New Zealand to win

Fantastic entertainment!, living in France, I am nervous about the outcome next weekend, can't see France have a chance, unless they REALLY want it!

On that performance, i should think no one would be able to get close to NZ.

The french have a good set of forwards with their 6, 7 & 8 mobile and physical, however NZ were awesome and put in such a powerful performance, the like i have not seen in ages.

Montrehomme1, don't be nervous go to your local and wear the Allblacks jersey with pride, at least there will be one in the pub on the winning side :D

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by carlyrox
    On that performance, i should think no one would be able to get close to NZ.

The french have a good set of forwards with their 6, 7 & 8 mobile and physical, however NZ were awesome and put in such a powerful performance, the like i have not seen in ages.

Montrehomme1, don't be nervous go to your local and wear the Allblacks jersey with pride, at least there will be one in the pub on the winning side :D
    :shock: more likely to be the one sat on my arse in the car park with a headache if I did that!, I'll wear my Irish Jersey and applaud the winning pack :mrgreen:

I have a sneaking feeling that the French are gonna nick this next week.

Master

As someone said on the radio earlier, the French generally have one good game per WC, and they haven't had one yet - although I still think the All Blacks can do it.

The haka isn't what it used to be, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xn7RWcwVw

Master

Well I am looking forward to it - all I have to do is find a bar showing it in America! Same for the Friday third place play off. Hope Wales can be bothered to raise their game to beat Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    As someone said on the radio earlier, the French generally have one good game per WC, and they haven't had one yet - although I still think the All Blacks can do it.

The haka isn't what it used to be, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xn7RWcwVw
    Hi Seabadger,

The Kiwis have about 3 hakas and can use anyone of them, don't know what makes them decide on which one to use for a particular game, though i enjoy the one that i seem to have grown up seeing from the 1989 world cup and before.

As for the French winning, they have a chance if NZ go down to 10 men or they play with 20. :)

Keith.

Master

They've used Ka Mate and Kapa o Pango this time, from what I recall - the former is probably the most famous of the ones they use, although there was at one point an attempt by a tribe to restrict its use - didn't come to anything in the end. I picked this up last time I was in NZ - fascinating book:

Master

i really hope new zealand win next week.they,re always the best team in the world except when the world cup comes round.
    they play brilliant rugby as well.

Master

New zealand will murder the frenchies next week. They only managed to beat us by 1 point and our captain was sent off after about 15 mins!

Hey guys, I hope you're all wrong :) I'm french :twisted: .

Don't forget that we already beat the Blacks back in 2007.

They did beat us in the qualifiers a few weeks ago, and we certainly haven't played well since the beginning of this world cup (except maybe against England)..

The Blacks are probably expecting to win again without forcing their talent, and it might just happen as they expect, but they also might be surprised when they see that France has raised its level of play. France is never stronger than when it is not the favourite. That is why they played like sh.t against Japan, Tonga and of course, and even more Wales. I am pretty sure that we could do something here. At least I hope so... :bounce:

Craftsman

I don't think this French team HAS one good game. As an aside if that is McCaw injured,sheesh...

Quote Originally Posted by kazerone
    Hey guys, I hope you're all wrong :) I'm french :twisted: .

Don't forget that we already beat the Blacks back in 2007.

They did beat us in the qualifiers a few weeks ago, and we certainly haven't played well since the beginning of this world cup (except maybe against England)..

The Blacks are probably expecting to win again without forcing their talent, and it might just happen as they expect, but they also might be surprised when they see that France has raised its level of play. France is never stronger than when it is not the favourite. That is why they played like sh.t against Japan, Tonga and of course, and even more Wales. I am pretty sure that we could do something here. At least I hope so... :bounce:
    I hate to agree with a Frenchie but Karazone is right, France play very well with backs against the wall, they have knocked us out of RWC twice.

Though the noises coming out of our camp is that we need to come back down to earth and regroup on how we are going to beat the french. Not get too carried away with our demolition of the aussies

Its going to be a good game!

Quote Originally Posted by needmorewatches
    I hate to agree with a Frenchie but Karazone is right, France play very well with backs against the wall, they have knocked us out of RWC twice.

Though the noises coming out of our camp is that we need to come back down to earth and regroup on how we are going to beat the french. Not get too carried away with our demolition of the aussies

Let's say that there is a 90% chances that it is going to be a good game from the Blacks point of view, and 10% chances from a that it is going to be a good game French point of view...But still, it is 10% :wink:

Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to it!

Journeyman

Will be watching the final before taking our under 7s out to play a game. Our head coach is a Kiwi so he's going to cry like a baby whatever the result. Personally? 20 point+ victory for the All Blacks.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Jestermedia
    Will be watching the final before taking our under 7s out to play a game. Our head coach is a Kiwi so he's going to cry like a baby whatever the result. Personally? 20 point+ victory for the All Blacks.
    For the sake of the game,I hope so.

Let's say that there is a 90% chances that it is going to be a good game from the Blacks point of view, and 10% chances from a that it is going to be a good game French point of view...But still, it is 10% :wink:

That's about right - NZ are 1/10 with most bookies. I hope they win, and it would be a bonus if it turns out to be a good game.

Wow guys, I'm surprised to see thatyou would really want to see the french loose? Or is it that you'd wanna see the blacks win? Which one is it? :scratch:

Journeyman

As a neutral in this now that England are (deservedly) out I'd rather see the team that plays the most attractive rugby win. Right now, that's the All Blacks. The French aren't playing 'French' rugby for me. And judging with my head rather than my heart NZ are the better team by a significant margin.

As a neutral in this now that England are (deservedly) out I'd rather see the team that plays the most attractive rugby win. Right now, that's the All Blacks. The French aren't playing 'French' rugby for me. And judging with my head rather than my heart NZ are the better team by a significant margin.
    Fair enough :thumbright:
    I agree with that, it is a true fact that the french haven't played the way they should until now. I just hope that they put some effort into the fight, even if they loose.

Seeing the way France played against Wales, I don't see them standing a chance against the All Blacks.

Master

Always got the impression that with Ireland beating Oz in the group stages and putting all the southern hemisphere teams in the same half of the draw that whoever came out top would beat the northern hemisphere winner fairly easily.
    I'm expecting a very one sided match and a heavy defeat for the French. You never know, its only one match but any other result would surprise me.

Journeyman

I am looking forward to watching the final. I will be supporting the Kiwi's.
    against Aus they were just brutal and clinical- some text book stuff.

Johnw

I don't think the French stand a chance...

Craftsman

New Zealand = Scottish Exiles :lol:

Journeyman

I don't think any All Black's fan will write the French off given our history in world cup games with them.
    Going to be a nervous first 20-30min (hopefully no more than that!)

Craftsman

I give the French a fighting chance. They have the capacity to raise their game for the big occasion which most of the other Six Nations teams have not.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaldo1711

That's about right - NZ are 1/10 with most bookies. I hope they win, and it would be a bonus if it turns out to be a good game.
    apparently paddypower have already paid out to new zealand backers,so they were saying on talk sport.
    come on new zealand.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    I give the French a fighting chance. They have the capacity to raise their game for the big occasion which most of the other Six Nations teams have not.
    They do - and they have a recent record of upsetting the ABs in big matches. The only thing I fear for if France wins, given what I read in the press and am being emailed by friends who are there at the moment - is the safety of French fans outside Eden Park afterwards :!: But it's still a long shot given French patchiness...
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Had my Bacon & Egg sandwich, got my coffee and sat ready for a New Zealand master class, I hope.

Here we go then...don't care who wins...just hoping for a good competitive game...

So excited, shame its going to be a walk over for the kiwis!

cant see France scoring more the 9 points

The French are absorbing the pressure better than I thought but don't see them scoring a try anytime soon.

Craftsman

Weepu's poor kicking, carried on from the semi, could cost the Kiwi's.

Read is having a great runnig game, such a pity for Cruden.

The Blacks need to get the ball back quicker, though the French are having such a good defensive game.

Come on NZ!

Two weeks ago I thought about a tenner on France.

Gut feeling is that they might do it after all.

The dices have been thrown, but France deserved to win.
    Overall, the blacks didn't steal the trophy, for all they've done in every game up to the final,
    But in this game, the blacks were really helped by the referee...and I'm being objective..today, the best didn't win. :cry:

WOW! What a game!

So close the French restored pride but the Blacks deserved the win.

A huge percentage of kicks missed throughout the tournament. Will be very interested in any post mortem on the new ball.

Master

Tremendous match - the French really can hold their heads up.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by macdaddymac
    cant see France scoring more the 9 points
    Nor New Zealand, it seems :)

Deserved win, but as the scoreline suggests, only just. I wonder what would have happened had Wales been there in France's place - a similar result or more tries?
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Ended up being a great game that could have gone either way.

Congratulations to NZ. But much closer than I expected.

Journeyman

Wasn't the prettiest of games, and I couldn't really enjoy it due to nerves - had to watch it again that evening.
    The French yet again raised the game against the All Blacks and could count themselves unlucky no to have won.
    It was more a sense of relief that we won :bounce:

Journeyman

By 'eck but I was wrong! The amount of the game played in the 'dead zone' in the middle of the park was astonishing. Not a classic but kept us on the edge of our seats (and yeah I know I'm a bit late posting but been a tad busy since then...)

I've now watched Rugby twice and have no clue WTF they are doing out there with their heads up eachothers arses. :lol:

Grand Master

A good game to watch because it was close.....but the last 3-4 minutes (where NZ simply closed the game down) epitomised all that's poor in Rugby Union for me.

There's a MUCH more entertaining game that's similar in some respects;it's called Rugby League.

Paul