closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega 6B/159/WWW crossover?

Craftsman

Omega 6B/159/WWW crossover?

Currently on The Bay is THIS
    WWW black dial with sub-seconds, but a /159 engraved caseback. :?

Any thoughts?

Paul - have a look at the seller's last purchase on ebay (here - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 8935106725 ) and compare the dials :shock:

Craftsman
    Hmmm, same wonky printing on the 11 and 2.....

Different movement numbers though... odd, very odd.

Master
    Omega 6b 159's were usually 16 jewel affairs. The omega I had and sold recently was FAA issue and a 16-er, not a 15-er. Plates different, too and finished different. The FAA Omegas were the brothers of the 6b/159 RAF and ordered under the same contract, ostansibly, according to my research with Omega. It is possible that a 6b/159 is a 15 Jewel though I have not seen one before. These mvts are usually www. The date of the Mvt is good for about late '44 or so, ceteris paribus, on the examples exactly dates, seen of Omegas.

Nice watch, but further verfication necc. perhaps, to be sure.

Best Wishes,

Pottinger+ :)

Craftsman
    My personal opinion on this one at the moment is that it's possibly an Omega WWW with the wrong caseback.
    It doesn't fit with any of the usual Omega 6B/159 spec at all, having sub- instead of centre-seconds, etc.

I can't see the inside of the caseback to get a better idea of the source.

This is the seller's website - http://watchtrapper.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

I've had an interesting few minutes going thru his recent e-bay purchases and comparing these with pics he has sent me of watches for sale on his site ( he contacted me in response to my WTB ad on MWR looking for mil watches). I noticed there are movements and other watch parts bought by him on e-bay (eg a Longines movement) which then appear in franken military watches on his site.

If anyone's interested I can send them pics he sent me of the Omega watch the subject of this thread before it appeared on e-bay (I declined the watch) - in those pics it has a different dial whcih he said, on questioning, was a redial.

As long as he's open about it that's OK - but it scares me this sort if thing. :(

Journeyman
    Plain and simple cobbled up nonsense!!!

This seller has come up with a number of shall I say doubtfull offerings

Regars
    Ian