closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn spring bar mishap

Sinn spring bar mishap

Hey,

I dropped my relatively new Sinn 857 onto a tiled floor whilst away on holiday
    Fortunately, apart from some cosmetic finish marks to the very top centre link, no other damage has been sustained and there are no marks anywhere else. Hurrah for tegimented steel!
    It looks like the impact was strap first (probably the top centre link hit the floor first) and most of the impact was taken by the spring bar:

So, I need a new spring bar. As I understand it, these are shoulderless bars?
    Question is are all shoulderless bars the same? Reason I ask is that I've got a standard (non shoulderless) bar in there for now, but the thin bit that goes into the lug isn't as long as the Sinn original on the other side, so doesn't come flush with the outside of the case (drilled lugs). I prefer the original look so would like to get hold of the same style bars as come with the watch new.

It looks like I need shoulderless bars, where the thinnest part is 2mm long. Anyone know of a source for these?
    Neil at Chronomaster has sent me some but they are standard bars and I've emailed Sinn and watch-batteries.com (just minutes ago) so am waiting for them to get back to me.

How come when I had cheap quartz and less cheap kinetic watches, I never once dinged or dropped them, yet I've already hit my Sinn on stuff a few times and now dropped it?!?!

Thanks,
    Wayne.

Re: Sinn spring bar mishap

Quote Originally Posted by fornowagain
    http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/10/1812/1996.aspx
    Thanks.
    The 'double shoulder one end' looks closest, but they don't do 22mm. Maybe the 22mm single shoulder ones will work.

Re: Sinn spring bar mishap

Quote Originally Posted by waynertron
    How come when I had cheap quartz and less cheap kinetic watches, I never once dinged or dropped them, yet I've already hit my Sinn on stuff a few times and now dropped it?!?!
    You're subconsciously demonstrating why you spend that much on a tegimented Sinn? Anyway, good to hear it apparently is worth it.