Evening all,

Its been a while since last my last post (sounds like a confession) since I sold the JLC MC Geographic earlier this year my desperate desire to buy and sell and seek out 'the one' has deserted me. It may be a good thing but sadly my hand is being forced.

I've just returned from a holiday in the UK where I took my two most wearable everyday watches, a Rolex GMT 16710 and a Rolex Turnograph. As the GMT is such a good watch for all seasons the TOG hardly got a look in.

The thing is....since returning from holiday late on Thursday I now can't find the TOG anywhere? :( Been through everything, bags, coats, car, wardrobes, shoes, drawers, golf bags and then all again. 3/4 days on I'm now starting to consider it lost.

I'm pretty well insured and in theory I am covered for such items away from the home but I just wanted to ask fellow members of their experiences with insurance companies following a claim for a lost watch? I've got the box and some paperwork but not the Rolex Guarantee card. May have some photos but suspect I have photographed the TOG the least of all my watches.

How well do firms deal with these claims? How much proof can you offer for a lost item?

Appreciate any views/comments.