closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex "Pro Hunter"

Rolex "Pro Hunter"

Was in a meeting in Germany today, and of course you look at other peoples watches . . . . .

I had a chat afterwards with a guy that looked as if he had a black PVD Rolex Sea Dweller or Deep Sea. He explained it was his fathers watch who had it when in the Austrian Military, and was handed down to him a few years ago.

Totally black PVD looking coating, black face, black bezel, with "Pro Hunter" and "Sea Dweller" below, and I'm sure it had the word "Deepsea" also on it below the word Rolex.

Stunning piece of kit either way - should have taken a picture of it !

Master

Re: Rolex "Pro Hunter"

:shock:

I think your guy is telling not-quite-the-truth albeit possibly not intentionally. ProHunter is a recent watch from a London dealer, simply a modified Rolex and for sure not Austrian army issue from a few years ago...

http://www.discoverprohunter.com/

There are replicas of them available, I bet this is what the guy had :P

Quote Originally Posted by Halfpenny
    Was in a meeting in Germany today, and of course you look at other peoples watches . . . . .

I had a chat afterwards with a guy that looked as if he had a black PVD Rolex Sea Dweller or Deep Sea. He explained it was his fathers watch who had it when in the Austrian Military, and was handed down to him a few years ago.

Totally black PVD looking coating, black face, black bezel, with "Pro Hunter" and "Sea Dweller" below, and I'm sure it had the word "Deepsea" also on it below the word Rolex.

Stunning piece of kit either way - should have taken a picture of it !
    Sounds like a well fabricated story
    Gray

I would be wary of any other info this gentleman has provided you with :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Marios
    I would be wary of any other info this gentleman has provided you with :wink:
    After the stories told in the meeting and the subject matter involved - I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him !

Craftsman

Pro Hunter walt!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    I think your guy is telling not-quite-the-truth albeit possibly not intentionally. ProHunter is a recent watch from a London dealer, simply a modified Rolex and for sure not Austrian army issue from a few years ago...

Nice link.

This http://www.discoverprohunter.com/collection/deepsea/ was the very watch he was wearing. Genuine or not - very nice looking piece of kit.

Nice link.

This http://www.discoverprohunter.com/collection/deepsea/ was the very watch he was wearing. Genuine or not - very nice looking piece of kit.
    Note from the sales page: "Production Started July 2010"

Maybe they have time machines in the Austrian army? :D

^ Doesn't look bad, but I'm having trouble accepting these 'customisations' on any watch.

He must have been high up in the forces to be issued with a £14k watch.
    And the time line doesn't match up unless he got it when they first came out.

http://www.discoverprohunter.com/collection/deepsea/

As above - there are loads of Chinese copies around for $150 - which is a more likely story.
    My sterile dial Manbushijie Homage is on the right
    Unfortunately I have no tall stories about how I inherited it from a military veteran

:shock: A bit of a Walter Mitty.

I would take his story as an added bonus and confirmation he is a silly boy :wink:

Craftsman

I'm quite sure that our Bundesheer doesn't have the funds to issue a watch like that :lol:

Craftsman

I'm not sure our poor Bundesheer even issues watches at all?

Craftsman

I also don't think they do, but I don't know.

Just read the original post and, in fairness, it doesnt say that the guy said it was ISSUED to his father. Plus he's not sure if he actually saw the word "deapsea". The timeline's all wrong though. Whichever way you look at it.
    The guy probably just enjoyed spinning a stranger a good yarn.

Craftsman

The way I see it is that he could have had his Father's rolex sent in for the 'pro-hunter' treatment .

Either that or he is not telling the truth in which case make sure your contracts are water tight if you are going to be doing any business with him in the future :P

Master

Stunning piece of [s:3s2q9gcg]kit[/s:3s2q9gcg] sh... either way - should have taken a picture of it !

Corrected for ya! 8)
    The only halfway decent 'doctored' and PVD'd Rolex I've seen is the green Milgauss that Bamford & sons knock out.
    'Milgauss Stealth' or something.

Master

Ask him if he has the box and papers :lol:

This could run and run :wink::

On a similar note, I had to meet my solicitor recently to get him to countersign some documents. He normally wears an Omega Constellation, but this was a Friday, he was dressed down and, I noticed, was wearing what looked like a blackened steel sports Rolex, half hidden under his shirt sleeve. So, I asked: is that a PVD Submariner you're wearing?

The response: it's a fake watch my wife bought me on a business trip to Dubai. I couldn't afford a real one.

So, that kind of killed the watch conversation. I don't know if he just thought it was a copy of a black Rolex or if he was aware that it was a copy of a tarted-up, price-ramped Rolex by Pro-Hunter. Either way, clearly fake Pro-Hunters are already out there....

And that reminds me. I need to send him a cheque. Bugger!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    On a similar note, I had to meet my solicitor recently to get him to countersign some documents. He normally wears an Omega Constellation, but this was a Friday, he was dressed down and, I noticed, was wearing what looked like a blackened steel sports Rolex, half hidden under his shirt sleeve. So, I asked: is that a PVD Submariner you're wearing?

The response: it's a fake watch my wife bought me on a business trip to Dubai. I couldn't afford a real one.

So, that kind of killed the watch conversation. I don't know if he just thought it was a copy of a black Rolex or if he was aware that it was a copy of a tarted-up, price-ramped Rolex by Pro-Hunter. Either way, clearly fake Pro-Hunters are already out there....

An honest solicitor.... :shock:
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Craftsman

I've got a soft spot for the Pro-hunter Milgauss green glass, actually having just looked at it, no I haven't!

Master
    Blog Entries

What a moron to have made up such a ridiculous story. Since pro-Hunters are aimed at the 'Eurotrash Elite' I doubt that will wind up the sole UK Distributor (The Watch Club). I personally think they're great pieces of kit however so very expensive :blackeye: . Good way of officially being Rolex and setting yourself apart.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw

An honest solicitor.... :shock:
    Oi! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by ggill
    Good way of officially being Rolex and setting yourself apart.
    Err no it's not
    They are all second hand sourced, not recognised or warrantied by Rolex, and each model costs approx twice as much as the equivalent new model. And IMHO they look like SH!T

They maybe aimed at the high rollers with more money than sense, but I think it's still a stupid route into Rolex ownership.
    Besides which Rolex can custom alter a watch if you want at time of order, not sure how much that costs but at least it'll still have the manufacturer's warranty intact

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry

Yeah plenty of the reps about.......

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php ... b0142cb4a6

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php ... b0142cb4a6

A mate of mine has a real prohunter Daytona bought earlier this year from the relevant shop in London. I was very interested to see it but was shocked to see that a little section of SS was visible where a couple of the links had rubbed together. I think a few years from now it will look quite tired. The price was double the standard
    SS Daytona price.
    A standard watch for me please!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    A mate of mine has a real prohunter Daytona bought earlier this year from the relevant shop in London. I was very interested to see it but was shocked to see that a little section of SS was visible where a couple of the links had rubbed together. I think a few years from now it will look quite tired. The price was double the standard
    SS Daytona price.
    A standard watch for me please!!
    So, £15k for a blackened watch where the blackening doesn't even last 8 months, WOW that's money well spent :o
    I don't care how rich someone is and what they spend their money on it's up to them.
    But for this watch to be worn so badly in such a short space of time, is a real monumental waste of cash

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bobbymonks
    Err no it's not
    They are all second hand sourced, not recognised or warrantied by Rolex, and each model costs approx twice as much as the equivalent new model. And IMHO they look like SH!T

They maybe aimed at the high rollers with more money than sense, but I think it's still a stupid route into Rolex ownership.
    Besides which Rolex can custom alter a watch if you want at time of order, not sure how much that costs but at least it'll still have the manufacturer's warranty intact

My bad! I always thought they were part of Rolex . The stands have Rolex emblems all over and so I assumed it had some official affiliation. In that case I'd opt for Project X!

Master

Err no it's not

My bad! I always thought they were part of Rolex . The stands have Rolex emblems all over and so I assumed it had some official affiliation. In that case I'd opt for Project X!
    Do you mean that you think Project X are affiliated? They're after-market mod merchants offering similar stuff - perfectly fine but a bit pricey.

O.P. the guy with the military spiel :lol:

Craftsman

A Pro Hunter is like taking a beautiful car and spray painting it: total waste.

Either way, clearly fake Pro-Hunters are already out there....
    Oh they have been out there for a long time.
    Probably before the real ones were available, much like the fake new Exp II's have been out there for some time now.
    I would be surprised if the HTE Explorers are not available as fakes also.

Funny how the email address at pro hunter is mail@bjsonline.com as thats what id expect it to do to me while I was wearing it for double the list price. :lol:

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    Err no it's not

Do you mean that you think Project X are affiliated? They're after-market mod merchants offering similar stuff - perfectly fine but a bit pricey.

O.P. the guy with the military spiel :lol:

I know Project X well and I realise they are after-market guys (my business partner has MK I Daytona . Just didn't realise Pro-Hunter weren't official especially since 'Rolex' is displayed all around their shop windows.

Master

Each to their own . Everyone has different tastes . Yes they are expensive , but if you like it and have the money why not? I love rolex , but also can see the appeal in a Project X limited edition. The movement and mechanics are all the same. If rolex themselves produced a similar watch they would sell out straight away , no doubt

John

Striking 10th : Rolex SD : Rolex Sub C : Rolex Gmt Master

Pro Hunter and Project X are not the same people. There are others like Titan Black, etc, offering similar services in the UK. Some even file-off the crown guards and put bigger crowns. Recently I've seen similar work from Hong Work. Rolex doesn't seem to have an opinion. Children of the rich (worldwide) love them.

There's a huge fake market in them too. £300-£400 should get a good one. £400 for a fake is a joke but people pay for them.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!