closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega SMP bezel problem :-(

Omega SMP bezel problem :-(

Hi all,

Panicking here! Sent my SMP off to be repaired and have bezel replaced and I got this reply from the repair guy:

"watch arrived ok but we have a real problem. who removed the bezel ? there is extensive damage to the machined lip which hold the bezel / bezel spring. we are looking at how to tackle the problem without scrapping the case, we have repaired this type of damage before but never this bad and never over such an area."

I never removed the bezel so I'm guessing the prev owner has done something silly at some stage. Anyone know what kind of damage this might be? And how much a case is, worst case?

I see cousins do a complete case with Bezel for £420 .. if that includes case, bezel and crystal then it might be OKish value to do as I can return the new bezel I already bought to offset some of the cost.

Cheers!
    Adam

Craftsman

Re: Omega SMP bezel problem :-(

Sounds like someone may be botched a bezel removal at some point. Did the bezel rotate smoothly and evenly beforehand? Any other indications that all was not 100% WRT the bezel?

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd
    Sounds like someone may be botched a bezel removal at some point. Did the bezel rotate smoothly and evenly beforehand? Any other indications that all was not 100% WRT the bezel?
    No it did not, it was extremely stiff to turn, I just put it down to dirt but I guess not.

Cheers,
    M

Craftsman

It really depends how bad the damage is. Definately sounds as though the bezel has been forced off by a novice. If they've taken off the sharp edge of the lip then i think it will be really hard to repair properly. The cousins price doesnt sound too bad for a case+bezel, i'd have expected it to be more than that. Good luck, keep us posted with progress. I hope is turns out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd
    It really depends how bad the damage is. Definately sounds as though the bezel has been forced off by a novice. If they've taken off the sharp edge of the lip then i think it will be really hard to repair properly. The cousins price doesnt sound too bad for a case+bezel, i'd have expected it to be more than that. Good luck, keep us posted with progress. I hope is turns out ok.
    That's exactly how it was described ... case was basically scrap.

Anyway, it's all back together today, very happy :-)

..and the new case set (incl crystal, case, rear case, crown etc..) was £420+VAT+Delivery so basically £500.

Cheers!
    M

Journeyman

C'mon, post a pic of that beauty pls :)

Great to hear its all OK.

Quote Originally Posted by swir
    C'mon, post a pic of that beauty pls :)

Great to hear its all OK.
    Pics are here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=182729

Cheers!