closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: help opera browser

Grand Master

help opera browser

anyone else use opera? i've had it on a couple of machines for years with no problems but all of a sudden i'm getting issues with flash, and i've downloaded and uninstalled and re installed adobe flash and also updated opera, still no images showing and thinds seem slow on both my machines...help!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Re: help opera browser

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk
    anyone else use opera? i've had it on a couple of machines for years with no problems but all of a sudden i'm getting issues with flash, and i've downloaded and uninstalled and re installed adobe flash and also updated opera, still no images showing and thinds seem slow on both my machines...help!
    I'm on version 11.50 on linux (ubuntu) and I can play a youtube video with no problems.

Which site in particular are you having trouble with?
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

Grand Master

to some extent tz-uk but especially facebook and ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMint
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk
    I'm on version 11.50 on linux (ubuntu) and I can play a youtube video with no problems.

Which site in particular are you having trouble with?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Have you tried the same sites with a different browser? Rebooting? A complete uninstall rather than an update (save any personalisations)?
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

Master

Try going back to an earlier version to check if the problem persists.
    FWIW, I'm using 11.50 and have had no problems so far....

Alex

Grand Master

uninstalled and installed 11.50 and it's better, but i still have to do things like click on the dreadnought clock. maybe i'm missing something but i can't see any obvious difference in the settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandr0s
    Try going back to an earlier version to check if the problem persists.
    FWIW, I'm using 11.50 and have had no problems so far....

Alex
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Craftsman

Sound like you have Flash turned off as default and you have to click to enable (Similar to Click to Flash) ? I actually like this feature because Flash is a POS on a Mac.

Go to Preferences - Advanced -Content and untick "Enable plugins only on demand."

I also found it slowed right down if using a skin.

Cheers,

Tim.

Grand Master

thanks chap that seems to have sorted it :)

Quote Originally Posted by TimD
    Sound like you have Flash turned off as default and you have to click to enable (Similar to Click to Flash) ? I actually like this feature because Flash is a POS on a Mac.

Go to Preferences - Advanced -Content and untick "Enable plugins only on demand."

I also found it slowed right down if using a skin.

Cheers,

Tim.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!