closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My incoming Max Bill from Chronomaster

Journeyman

My incoming Max Bill from Chronomaster

I've just ordered one of these:

from Neil at Chronomaster. It should be with me in 10 days or so. Apart from a pocket watch, this will be my first watch that doesn't show the date. For some reason or other I thought the non-date version looked better.

Re: My incoming Max Bill from Chronomaster

Love it, and nearly bought one myself on a number of occasions. In fact, it was the Max Bill look that ultimately led me to the Zenith Ultra Thin.

Master
    Blog Entries

8) love these, not too sure about the strap, my choice would be a vintage looking croc in brown YMMV.

Blog Entries

Lovely timeless classic, that is.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

+1
    The Max Bill's are just iconic pieces; IMHO the white face chrono - the one without numbers, is just a sublime watch & hopefully one day I'll add to the collection & then proudly wear on a mesh, "antiqued" leather or even a NATO :roll:
    Regards M.

Classic, I think your right about the date, it would spoil that beautiful dial.

I've admired those for a long time. Nice simple design.

regards,
    Nick

Master

Very classy but also not too sure about the strap

Lovely.

And the very model that I noticed on the wrist of a colleague last year that got me interested in the Max Bills. I ended up going for the Chronoscope though.

Enjoy.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by TooTall
    The Max Bill's are just iconic pieces; IMHO the white face chrono - the one without numbers, is just a sublime watch & hopefully one day I'll add to the collection & then proudly wear on a mesh, "antiqued" leather or even a NATO :roll:
    Yes, I gather from previous postings that the Max Bill straps aren't a perfect match for their watches, so I'll probably change it, and ideas are welcome. I had thought of only leather, but a NATO? I wonder, hmm... it might just work. I'll think about that. Thanks.

Master

Nice - here's mine. Went for the chrono myself, on mesh, with date - perhaps a slightly less pure and refined option than yours - like you I chose the one with numbers, partly because I like the recognisably Max Bill font of the number 4 - which is that used on the iconic Max Bill kitchen clocks (as seen in MOMA New York) - and partly because it makes it easier to tell the time!

Enjoy, especially the lovely dome :)

Matt

one question to all the max bill owners, does the domed crystal / aycrylic stand out as much as the profile shots would have you beleve ?

very nice dial im very tempted by chornoscope.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp
    one question to all the max bill owners, does the domed crystal / aycrylic stand out as much as the profile shots would have you beleve ?

very nice dial im very tempted by chornoscope.
    Yes, but being nice and curvy it generally slips under my (double) cuffs very easily - looks great and doesn't get in the way. it is rather exposed though, inevitably, although so far I have avoided scratching it (6 months in, daily weekday wearer, buses, tubes, revolving doors etc.) despite some minor knocks (maybe the rather phooey-sounding antiscratch coating actually works...) and in any event, when the inevitable happens, I expect polywatch to sort it out fine. Certainly a looker, in a classy, non-blingy way (IMO) - dial is actually very faintly silver/metallic, not as pure white as it looks in pictures or in some lights.

Pic is dusty, and it sits less-proud on my non-fleshy wrist than the UFO-profile might imply.

Matt

Yes, it's 'domey' but quite subtle too.

The strap that comes with it isn't very good though. I bough the mesh with it.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddler69

Nice - here's mine. Went for the chrono myself, on mesh, with date - perhaps a slightly less pure and refined option than yours - like you I chose the one with numbers, partly because I like the recognisably Max Bill font of the number 4 - which is that used on the iconic Max Bill kitchen clocks (as seen in MOMA New York) - and partly because it makes it easier to tell the time!

Enjoy, especially the lovely dome :)

Matt
    A black dialled version is on my list. I think they ‘only’ come with a date. I would have preferred them without a date because the black one's date has a white surround. They are absolutely beautiful designs.

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Lovely watches. I do like the one you have chosen and plan to add one to my collection. Do post pictures when you get it and what you think of it.

There is a thread about the chronoscope here which talks about the dome and the thickness;

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153760&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45

Personally I don't find the thickness of mine to be a problem and it compares favourably with some other 7750 chronos. My pictures to show this are on page4 of the thread

Your watch has a slimmer movement and should therefore be thinner.

Alsal on The Stand always have a decent selection in stock, if anyone's passing.

Bootiful.
    Like others I've nearly bought one a couple of times, in fact I would if I hadn't come across the Antea. It was the watch that got me interested in watches again. Although the plexiglass kept me hesitating for long enough to search out other Bauhaus designs.

Quote Originally Posted by TooTall
    +1
    Regards M.
    Oh yes, that one is really magnificent, keeps haunting me. However not water resistant, or virtually so IIRC. Pity about that, it just looks absolutely stunning.