closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling chronomatt help

Breitling chronomatt help

Hi

I was wondering if some of the members can help me. I have recenlty purchased on old chronomatt and it would appear that the serial no. Is not on the caseback. I have been told that in the old models they can easily rub off, is this true?. And does anyone have any photos of their casebacks so i can compare it to mine.

Also it would appear that the A model no. Is missing. Also is this common. The watch has come from a breitling retail shop second hand so i am assured it is not a fake.

Thanks

Craftsman

Re: Breitling chronomatt help

I've had a few Chronomats and they have all have model and serial numbers on the back. You would need to have some serious wear to get them off.

Best to post some pictures on here, you'll soon get some feedback if something is wrong.

Breitling chronomatt help

The early Chronomats, and by early I mean mid-80's to early 90's had very shallow engravings of the model/ref numbers on the back. A couple of service polishes combined with the amount of wear to a watch that age could easily see these disappear.

As for the missing 'A' I know Breitling had a different numbering system for the early Chronomats. Have you checked out http://www.breitlingsource.com? The Chronomat is listed under the 'Windrider' range. They have a reference number for an early model without a letter prefix. They also had a 'B' prefix which denotes a two-tone model.

I've just this week bought another Chronomat, a Blackbird from 1999. I sold my Chronomat Vitesse last year and really missed not having a Chronomat on the wrist. Good luck with the answers to your questions, and post a pic already!

The one I sold:

The one I just bought:

Cheers for the replies and i will check that reference site. Someone else has told me about the shallow engraving asvwell. I will get pics up as soon as.

I received a Chronomat this week... faint numbers but as i have the original guarantee i know what its meant to say.. and so i can read it!
    I would have been hard to work out otherwise... and this is not a battered watch but has been polished a few times.. you can tell from the caseback.