closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch Guru - Watch Fiend ?

Watch Guru - Watch Fiend ?

Quite by accident I came across Watch Guru - Watch Fiend last night, run by Tom Bolt and Marc Salem. Anyone have any dealing or experience of them, found a couple of good H&V posts in 2005 anything more recent.

Many thanks.

Re: Watch Guru - Watch Fiend ?

Any feedback appreciated.

Master
    Blog Entries

I have bought a few from them, they have an office near Bond street and you can go and collect. Tom Bolt is fairly well known, if you google him you will get plenty of hits. Deal in confidence with them - they carry some seriously high end stuff.

Tom Bolt is featured in this video - http://www.theluxurychannel.tv/timeMachines.aspx

Hi my brother Tim used to deal with Tom Bolt alot, he proffessed himself as the Watch guru about London.

As far as i know, he pays fair prices for bits and is an easy man to get hold of, but as far as his sales go i can't help too much, except if he goes off you then good luck trying to deal with him.. But i'm pretty sure for the most part they are easy and helpful..

Also little bit of info Tom Bolt was on the design team for Dunhill when they redesigned their watches a few years back... Interesting tit bit not really too useful though :blackeye:

Hope this helps in some way?

Thanks for your replies guys.

Yep dealt with Tom & Marc in the past.
    I've had a Breitling Blackbird, Bvlgari Scuba, Vacheron Constantin, Audemars Piguet Royal Oak from them.
    Varying in price from £1,100 to £7,800, and never had an issue with either service, the watch itself.
    Always helpful with any questions I had.

Not used them in a while, as they don't have anything I want :(

Bought a Dunhill from them a couple of years ago. Was a bit nervous at first with buying over the internet but had no problems and found them very easy to deal with.

Bought a lovely 6105 Roulette wheel Datejust from him. All perfectly original and unmessed with. He even offered to buy it back when I'm done with it. No problems at all.

Sounds like they are very reliable, will have to get in touch.

The most recent revision of their website does my head in. The old one was much better.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663
    The most recent revision of their website does my head in. The old one was much better.
    +1

They seem a little on the pricey side.

Bought an IWC off them several years ago for a fair price - had no problems with them at all. New website is a bit of a nightmare though.

TTPS

Good guys, I bought few pieces from them a while back, Tom is a real character!

Sanjay :)

Hiya, any recent reviews on Watch Guru? Seem to be good guys :-)

Master
    Honest company, used them years ago.
    Marc is a nice guy, Tom is a bit too much up his own a**e these days, with his celebrity customers etc.

Another +1 for Watch Guru. I bought a Moser from them, dealt with Marc, very smooth and pleasant experience.

Just done a deal with Marc on a 18ct Dunhill Pentagraph. It is a preproduction model with certificate of authenticity from Tom who designed it. Lovely looking watch and rather excited 😊

Master
    Have bought several watches from Tom & Marc. Good guys.

Don't be afraid to talk to them or to ask them to look for stuff you want.

Apprentice

-1 from me

I have had a bad experience with these guys. I puchased a Rolex 1680 from them, being a 30 year old watch i expected the watch to have scratches and dings.

When looking at the watch on there site it looked great, i did notice a small mark on the dial but wasn't 100% sure as could have been a trick of the light or mark on the crystal. I emailed Marc asking was it a mark on the dial or glass/trick of the light. I also asked for better photos.

Marc replied with dial is in great condition and just look online for photos, since they have great reviews and being very well known i went for it (Should have insisted on better photos).

When the watch came there was a chip on the dial and a oil spot. I emailed the and they allowed me to return the watch which i got the refund for but i paid £50 insurance to get it to me and they are refusing to refund this. I feel they miss sold the watch as would not have purchased it if i had known.

IMG_6766.JPG
    IMG_6781.JPG

Im not saying don't by from them as you can see they have very good reviews just make sure you are happy with what you are getting and do your checks first.

Cheers

Rich
    Last edited by youngr; 21st February 2017 at 21:51.