Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla
Like I wrote, the only criterium the OT mentions is time keeping which make Citizen holding the torch as they are leaders performance wise.

The 4 Maga Crystron is the overall champ:

The Chronomaster is the contemparary regulars leader;

The Citizen Crystron 4 Mega claimed 3 seconds per year; and the current Chronomaster 5 seconds per year. But only when these watches are worn at least 12 hours a day. And in my experience with the A660 movement (I have had 6) its very much luck to get that accuracy, some were better and some were worse.

I would rate the Seiko and ETA HEQ products as more advanced and practical as they can both be calibrated by any competent person to less than half a second per month. The Chronomaster needs to be sent in to the factory as it can not be calibrated, they exchange parts.

The most accurate wristwatch in the world, still today, is the Omega Megaquartz 2400 Marine Chronometer. Indisputably, in 63 days of testing it was less than 2 thousands of a second off. Still today it is the technologically most advanced wristwatch in the world. Many tests have proven that they were within a second per year.

Sorry to get off that wonderful Seiko Rolex topic there.