timefactors watches
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

  1. #1

    Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    Thought some of you here might be interested in this. It's a Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30- not that interesting in itself. The watch came as part of Shimano's (bicycle componenet manufacturer) limited edition 25th anniversary dura ace groupset and is numbered sequentially along with the gruppo.The watch and gruppo are NOS and stashed for a rainy day.





    And for context this is the entire groupset


  2. #2
    Master Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    2,228

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    Blimey, I've not seen a set like that before. Very interesting.
    Thanks for posting.

    regards,
    Nick

  3. #3
    Master kungfugerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Whitby and Sheffield
    Posts
    4,608

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    Quote Originally Posted by rutteger
    Now *that* is awesome :)

    Mind you I hate cycling, just love metal stuff with custom cases.

  4. #4

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil
    Now *that* is awesome :)

    Mind you I hate cycling, just love metal stuff with custom cases.
    cheers! Cycling can get a little tiring. The case is sweet, should've done a picture of the second layer.

  5. #5

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    This a nice and different set - very 8)
    It's just a matter of time...

  6. #6

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic
    This a nice and different set - very 8)
    Nice indeed. The watch is a little small for todays standard but the Dura Ace is really nicely finished, more so than a regular groupset.

  7. #7
    Grand Master seikopath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    17,414

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    dont quite see the link between dive watches and cycling but a nice thing nevertheless
    People are strange: They are constantly angered by trivial things, but on a major matter like totally wasting their lives, they hardly seem to notice.

  8. #8
    Master markc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh - directing IT stuff
    Posts
    3,378

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    I could not have resisted putting that on a bike. In the words of Greg Wallace (Masterchef) - "Laaaaaaarvely, Phwoaaaaarr!"

    Reminds me of the Campag Super Record 50th anniversary set:



    Slightly less practical as it actually had 18ct gold inserts (not ideal for weight reduction!).



    I'd have still put it on a bike though

    Cheers,

  9. #9

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath
    dont quite see the link between dive watches and cycling but a nice thing nevertheless
    I guess it's just a link up between two solid Japanese companies. Think Seiko are waaaay more selective with their 'collaborations' than Casio for example :)


    Quote Originally Posted by markc
    I could not have resisted putting that on a bike. In the words of Greg Wallace (Masterchef) - "Laaaaaaarvely, Phwoaaaaarr!"

    Reminds me of the Campag Super Record 50th anniversary set:



    I'd have still put it on a bike though

    Cheers,
    Campag 50th is special, makes the DA look plain Jane. I'd not dare build and ride it, esp given how much these go for :shock:

  10. #10

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil
    Quote Originally Posted by rutteger
    Now *that* is awesome :)

    Mind you I hate cycling, just love metal stuff with custom cases.
    Wow - how did they manage to get all of those parts in such a tiny watch :wink:

  11. #11

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    I was going to post.... "for crying out loud please do not let campag get hold of this idea". Way,way to late! Honda HRC goodies packaged with a Grand Seiko anyone?

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8,488

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil
    Quote Originally Posted by rutteger
    Now *that* is awesome :)

    Mind you I hate cycling, just love metal stuff with custom cases.
    Wow - how did they manage to get all of those parts in such a tiny watch :wink:
    :lol: :lol:

  13. #13
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    347

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    Quote Originally Posted by markc
    I could not have resisted putting that on a bike. In the words of Greg Wallace (Masterchef) - "Laaaaaaarvely, Phwoaaaaarr!"

    Reminds me of the Campag Super Record 50th anniversary set:



    Slightly less practical as it actually had 18ct gold inserts (not ideal for weight reduction!).



    I'd have still put it on a bike though

    Cheers,
    Mark, thats a fantastic gruppo. I LOVE the Campi super record. :love4:

    I had the Campi's on my Cinelli back in the day. The Italians know how to make stuff, and with style and beauty. 8)
    I miss my road bike.

    Looks great in the case, that would make a great display. So nice to show off.

    Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

    Dave

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    347

    Re: Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30 Shimano Dura Ace 25th Anniversar

    Quote Originally Posted by rutteger
    Thought some of you here might be interested in this. It's a Seiko Air Diver's 5M43-0C30- not that interesting in itself. The watch came as part of Shimano's (bicycle componenet manufacturer) limited edition 25th anniversary dura ace groupset and is numbered sequentially along with the gruppo.The watch and gruppo are NOS and stashed for a rainy day.





    And for context this is the entire groupset

    Love this gear.

    I wonder if the metals are the same for the Shimano and the watch case.

    So cool! Do you ever wear the watch?

    Dave.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Watch Top 100's by Connectingwatches.com