closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jesus christ, what is wrong with people?!

Master

Jesus christ, what is wrong with people?!

Saw this story this morning, I just don't understand people... :evil:
    http://www.metro.co.uk/news/861354-girl ... e-by-thugs

Re: Jesus christ, what is wrong with people?!

Sickening. Bring back public flogging!

Unfortunately that sort of behaviour is all too common in the UK these days...

No simple answer really, short of a complete re-education of the underclass I don't see how we'll ever eradicate this sort of behaviour completely. In the meantime both the police and the courts need to come down MUCH harder on scumbags like this.

Apprentice

There was a story I read in The Guardian a few days ago about two young men who beat a severely disabled man to death. Makes me glad I spend so little time in the UK. I don't know if it's me getting older, but people do seem to be changing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    What sort of country has it become when you wish for such namby pamby punishments such as public floggings?

Bring back summary executions and clear the gene pool.

As a Dad of 4 (with a little girl of 2 and a bit) I think it's fair to say that my thoughts on this are somewhat less than suitable for the G&D :evil: . I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

jeff

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by DeusIrae
    +1

Master

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    + 1, that is awful, I agree - maybe public flogging & the humiliation it would bring might make some of these scumbags think twice ..
    trouble is - the scumbags are outbreeding the decent folk..

Master

As a local to the area I can say that this is not the first time the idiots in these parts have done things like this. For some reason the thugs seem to revel in this behaviour regardless of the effects. However on this occasion they may well have bitten off a little more than they can chew as the child is part of a slightly notorious local family. I know the family fairly well (they live in close proximity to my grandmother, have kids/grandkids the same ages as my brother and me and so on) and feel quite confident that their own brand of justice will be meted out soon.
    I am not for vigilante style actions however this was a stupid, reckless act which, after the dust settles, will be dealt with by the same kind of mindless morons (and in the same manner) as those who perpetrated the act in the first place.

Absolutely shocking & disgusting. This just highlights some of today's society with it's lack of morals and discipline with parents who have gone through the same schooling system and kid's fed on a diet of violent video games.
    I do hope this little girl recovers from this.

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog
    ...this was a stupid, reckless act...
    Agreed, as the brick was thrown at the van, not the girl, from what I could tell.

Not defending their actions in any way though.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by DeusIrae
    An appropriate post for Hitler's birthday, well done.

Take it to the Bear Pit, gents.

No morale compass - blame the parents, teachers and the system .

Unless people learn respect for themselves and others and have serious consequence for those that don't, then things will only get worse.

Also increase the cost of booze - its not helping :twisted:

Also "Celebs" who set a poor example should be delt with more serverly.

We also have to change TV drama - shagging around, getting drunk, stealling, beating people up are common story lines on the Soaps and in most cases seem to accepted as "part of normal life" - well they are not in my household :twisted:

Failing that, invent RoboCop, bring back Charles Bronson (Deathwish) and Judge Dread - I personally quite like the idea of the police being able in exact punishment as soon as they catch the A'hole who did this.

Andy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

This is absolutely disgusting,, the little sh1ts should be shot.

i hope the poor lass has a quich recovery

chris

Journeyman

:shock: :x

Bloody hell, that's absolutely awful. I hope she recovers well from it, and the idiots who thought throwing a brick at a van was a good idea get what's coming to them. My thoughts go out to her parents as well. I can't even begin to image how i would feel if it happened to my daughter.

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by gunner
    Agreed, as the brick was thrown at the van, not the girl, from what I could tell.

+1.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries

Absolutely sickening stuff.. and for me, it's tragically at the stage where it's hardly even surprising anymore. Shocking yes... but not surprising.

Which is a sad indictment really of today's society.

At least you can post on tz and see and read contempt from your peers... in a time when half of the planet seems hell bent on molly-coddling the vermin who do this kind of thing!!!

Too many people want to send this lot on safari for their wrongdoings.

Tragic stuff.

If anyone did that to one of my kids I would be happy to go to prison for a long time for what I would do to the scum that did it...
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by gunner

But presumeably even the pondlife that threw the brick at the windscreen would have had just enough brain cells to compute that there was a very strong chance that it would continue on its path and hit either the father or the little girl full in the face...

Not having a go, but whether they actually intended a bullseye on the bridge of the nose, or not, is irrelevent (well it is from a moral POV if not a legal one). I doubt any of these scumbags offer anything useful to society, unfortunately this type of low-life is only going to become more prevalent in years to come as the underclass continues to swell to ever greater levels.

As a father of a 4 year old girl I found myself boiling with anger reading that story. Why is the so called "underclass" growing in the UK? I confess to not understanding what's going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by PipPip
    As a father of a 4 year old girl I found myself boiling with anger reading that story. Why is the so called "underclass" growing in the UK? I confess to not understanding what's going on there.
    Based on a couple of articles I read in the national press ( :shock: ) over the last 6 months or so, a couple of factors in the rise of the underclass is an ever widening wealth gap, i.e. the poor getting poorer etc, and a growing disconnect amongst young thugs between their actions and consequences. Of course, there are many others too.

Bottom line, amongst this group (and they're not necessarily 'poor' in the traditional sense), there is zero respect for other people or their possesions, and have no concept of responsibility though no doubt they all know their 'rights' inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsdad
    Quote Originally Posted by PipPip
    Based on a couple of articles I read in the national press ( :shock: ) over the last 6 months or so, a couple of factors in the rise of the underclass is an ever widening wealth gap, i.e. the poor getting poorer etc, and a growing disconnect amongst young thugs between their actions and consequences. Of course, there are many others too.

Bottom line, amongst this group (and they're not necessarily 'poor' in the traditional sense), there is zero respect for other people or their possesions, and have no concept of responsibility though no doubt they all know their 'rights' inside out.
    Ah, I see. Time to bring back national conscription then.

Can't believe we got rid of the birch - perfect for this type of thing imo.
    It's just a matter of time...

it is the same over here, i always suggest that we do a deal with saudi singapore iraq etc to imprison these animals over there, that way we have more prison space, also it would be far cheaper to keep them over there, also after five or six years people would think twice in case they had to serve time in them places.

Master

As a local to the area I can say that this is not the first time the idiots in these parts have done things like this. For some reason the thugs seem to revel in this behaviour regardless of the effects. However on this occasion they may well have bitten off a little more than they can chew as the child is part of a slightly notorious local family. I know the family fairly well (they live in close proximity to my grandmother, have kids/grandkids the same ages as my brother and me and so on) and feel quite confident that their own brand of justice will be meted out soon.
    I am not for vigilante style actions however this was a stupid, reckless act which, after the dust settles, will be dealt with by the same kind of mindless morons (and in the same manner) as those who perpetrated the act in the first place.
    If there's any truth to this post then this "poor little girl" will probably grow up to be as scummy as the "scum" you're all berating. Not nice to have a brick hit a kid in the dial but if the brick was thrown at the van it might have been someone who "had it in for" her parents?

Disclaimer: I haven't read the story so don't know the details but the above is my guess. It could just as easily have been one of the "poor girls" family throwing bricks at others...

I didn't know where else to put the following little true story so Vicky's comment above will serve as a link.

Someone I knew well lived next door to 'neighbours from hell'. I'd met the neighbours. Mother was a psycho, kids angry, violent and, ultimately criminal. I think the eldest girl is still in prison for assault and/or burglary.
    Thus, geographically: my friends, their neighbours from hell and the neighbours on their side in a series of terraced houses. Those people had an Akita they could not cope with. Barking at all hours, never let out, poorly treated and so on. With a large dog like that one can imagine the bother it would cause.
    So, the neighbours from hell called the authorities who came to investigate. They found the dog in a poorish way and - this is true - gave it to the neighbours from hell to look after. This was because the neighbours from hell were a 'personal project' of a local police liaison officer who thought all their troubles were other people's fault.
    The Akita disappeared from the neighbours from hell not too long after it arrived. They got another and it too vanished. They probably ate it.
    That whole family was so badly served by the police liaison officer and the police in general. My friends had a traumatic time with these people and eventually moved away.

The real comments I'd like to make could only be made in the Bear Pit.

I just hope they are caught, sentenced and bum raped everyday of their sentence.

Re: Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol
    There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats.
    There certainly does.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli
    I just hope they are caught, sentenced and bum raped everyday of their sentence.
    By who? People who are in jail for perhaps similar crimes? :lol:
    Forum justice. Brilliant.

The problem is one of mindless stupidity on the part of the youth who did it. Undoubtedly with a good dose of bravado thrown in. As to why. I have no idea.

It's not an isolated incident though. As some of you will be awate I work on a preserved steam railway. There is one particular overbridge where trains are regularly pelted with stones and bricks as they pass. The town - sleepy Watchet in Somerset. As to why we don't know - we make efforts to find out but it is just senseless violence and in our case there is no provocation, unless the noise of the train counts! :(

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mi Shu
    By who? People who are in jail for perhaps similar crimes? :lol:
    Forum justice. Brilliant.
    Actually I think you're right on this so I am happy to accept a slight flaming in this instance, though the nature of the justice system does dictate that some people will be in prison for crimes that we would happily go to prison for. An offence against our children in this instance.

Master

An offence against our children in this instance.
    I don't understand the "sympathy" though. This kid is of scum parents apparently, so she will most likely grow to be scum too. Scum attacked by scum...

I would've thought the consensus would be "what goes around comes around"?

Not with kids though, especially four-year-olds. There has to be the notion of 'change' and redemption or we're can't even claim to be civilised.