closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ahhh...Motorcycle reminiscing

Ahhh...Motorcycle reminiscing

Found some old pics in a box today....oh to have these again.

851...kitted out to resemble a SP

748Bp....why oh why did I trade the above in for this

A better decision. 1st run 916SPS No 007. The proper one..before they started counting beans...basically built from the racing spares box....

It had some issues, I made a fuss, and Ducati made the dealer give me a new 996SPS....doh ! bad move again..rubbish by comparison.

Slight break..think I had a few Jap things..then back to the Italian..in this instance the wonderful but fatally flawed Benelli Tre

This too had issues, and was rejected. Three Cross played hardball with me and lost...so this came next.

Had the potential to be one of the best bikes made ...but let down by poor build, backup and a shit importer.

The truly great ( IMO ) Tre RS

World record attempt for the most running Benelli Tres in one place.

And the last bike I owned, and sorely missed...Laverda 650 Kevlar EDT

Missed as much so, that I very nearly pulled the trigger on a Formula 650 on Ebay about a month ago....more mid-life crisis stuff...

Re: Ahhh...Motorcycle reminiscing

WoW great list of bikes you've had there. The 916 SPS is the stand out of the crowd.

Craftsman

know the midlife crisis stuff, just got back into biking after 25 yr absence, got myself a triumph st sprint 1050 abs (i know a bit soft after my original kwaka z1000a1, but bad back requires a comfortable seat :?

my bad decision, sold a rolex gmt master for £100 in late 70's (for £10 profit) if only i had kept :x

kevin

I have this strange hankering to go back to 1979 and be that young invincible blood riding his

FSIE !!!!

Those were the days. And yes, mine looked just like that, a 1976 bronze, speed striped beauty, complete with pedals.

Oh, and nice bikes, Keith! :wink:

Should have swapped the 851 for an 888 ;) The 916 is fantastic and all time classic SP - the 996 SP's weren't too bad in comparison to the standard 996's

I thought the Benelli's were one of the best looking bikes in the world - only bike I had a poster of (in fact only poster I have ever had up) in my den.

Love my bikes and looking at something for this summer :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Takes me back.

A Fizzy with a pimply youth aboard, hunched low over the handlebars trying to get up to 45!

Nice collection of bikes, mine were limited to Suzuki buzz-bombs.

I gave up when I became airborne courtesy of an uneven manhole cover, doing 70 down the Greenford Avenue! Them were the days.

Apprentice

The 916 is a beauty. The cost of Ducati over here is carzy.

Quote Originally Posted by lewisanderson
    The 916 is a beauty. The cost of Ducati over here is carzy.
    yup pretty toilet here too :blackeye:
    friend of mine is running a green Bennelli 8)
    miss my YZF750 with WSB endurance suspension, my R1 was faster but handling not as sweet, R6 was an addictive buzzbox. Off the track powervalve was funny, and unforgettable holiday tour to Gt Yarmouth on TZR125 gives me flashbacks of numb bum & cramp! :lol:

o/t anyone know of insurance company that will transfer car ncb to bikes (had a break long enought that bike ncb no longer valid :roll:

Great stuff Keith!

My reminiscing is of many Laverdas, from the SF2 to the RGS, then many Ducatis, from the little 750 Sport to the Multistrada.

I had an 851 Roche Replica, and later an SP2. What a noisy beast that was - ears assaulted by the tinkling of the floating discs, the chattering of the dry clutch and the bellow of the upswept race Termignonis!

Ah... must do some scanning of pics one of these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast
    I have this strange hankering to go back to 1979 and be that young invincible blood riding his

FSIE !!!!

Those were the days. And yes, mine looked just like that, a 1976 bronze, speed striped beauty, complete with pedals.

Oh, and nice bikes, Keith! :wink:
    ah,the memories!
    i had a fs1-e mx(mine had a front disk) like this in the yellow/black scheme,what great fun it was.

some great bikes in the o/p as well.

I haven't figured out the connection yet, however, the brits love italian bikes and the italian love british bikes.
    I mean, that kind of love, you know, when you then buy jap or german to have no problems, but then get really sad and go back to the same bitchy italian or brit.
    like, no point in marrying a rich bloke if he screws around with the secretary kind of thing.
    love, man, real love.
    I dig that.

me?

well, i just had parts of my triumph fall off when riding and realised what was missing two days later.
    namely a number plate and a tool box (from a garelli cross 125cc) I had bolted on the rear end.
    so... oh well, whatever.

Master

Nice collection of bikes keitht - nice to see something different to the cookie cutter CBR600s and R1/6s that fill the roads

You may want to check out the Throttle Yard

http://throttleyard.com/

-C

South of France/Italy 1985 Nice helmet hair. :D

Master

Great timing! Was talking about bikes and stuff in the Studio today...

A mid-50's female customer turned up on an XV535 Virago. 8)

Got me thinking about some of the bikes I had as a lad...

I "learned" on a RD350LC, then not long after got a GSXR750... the best version, the "J" Slingshot one.
    Then decided a ZXR750 would be better... it wasn't.

Not ridden anything other than a Honda 125 (in Thailand, now there's an experience! :shock: ) and a Vespa-alike 50cc auto "scooter" for ages... Need to get something this summer I think.

>awaits helmet jokes<

I wish I had some digital photos of my RD350LC YPVS, it had been restored in full 7UP racing colours. When I used to park it at work next to the latest machines, all the attention was at the 350. I had a 916 park next to me when they first came out - I was green with envy, but the little Yam drew all the attention!

Scooters not motorbikes was my scene.

Could wear smart clothes when riding, no stupid crash helmets and it didn't take an hour to get in and out of a leather suit etc. :lol:

Bird on back (now wife) didn't have to ruin her gear with some potty outfit either.

Only ugly girls went out with greasers. :lol:

Never went further than Brighton in the mod squad but great days. :D

Only rode for a year from 16 until I was old enough to drive a car and get away from the frozen fingers. :lol:

Not me(I was better looking :wink: ) From Quadrophenia..........smart

Cheers,
    Neil.