closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Education

Breitling Education

I must admit that up until recently Breitling's never interested me. All of a sudden they do :? There seems to be so many variations out there, Bentley this, Navitimer that etc. Can someone educate me on what used ones to look at in the £1500 price range?

Master

Re: Breitling Education

Use the advanced search facility on the forum and you can bring up all breitling sales threads.

This will give you a general idea.

Colin

Very recently there was a 'Show us your Breitling' thread, for owners to post pictures of their Breitlings in. That should be an excellent place to start getting a feel for what you like and dislike. It was in this forum section, so have a search.

Master

Fifteen hundred pounds will buy you the best Chrono Avenger there is. Or any of Skyland Avenger, Seawolf or maybe if you're lucky a Chronomat or Crosswind.
    If you're really lucky you might even have an Emergency.

Another good place to look would be a Superquartz B1 or Airwolf as I think that's too much money too put into an Aerospace.

Choices choices. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mi Shu
    Fifteen hundred pounds will buy you the best Chrono Avenger there is. Or any of Skyland Avenger, Seawolf or maybe if you're lucky a Chronomat or Crosswind.
    If you're really lucky you might even have an Emergency.

Another good place to look would be a Superquartz B1 or Airwolf as I think that's too much money too put into an Aerospace.

Choices choices. :)
    Thank you, exactly the type of reply I was hoping for. Appreciated :)

The Breitling Forum helped me a lot in my decision to buy a Navitmer Olympus. Bit pricier than your stated budget, but there is a shed load of info on there and linked blogs etc.

Master

No problem, you'd do well to have a look at MuRph's white Chrono Avenger on SC.

Master

I agree that it's too much money to put into an Aerospace, but that means you get to save some money.

Master

Or another quartz option would be the Chrono Avenger M1. Slate dial FTW! ;)

No problem, you'd do well to have a look at MuRph's white Chrono Avenger on SC.
    Yep, I've been looking at that one. It says 44mm. Does it wear as big as a Panerai?

Master

Sorry can't help with the Panerai comparison as I don't own any. However, don't you have a Deepsea? ;)

Sorry can't help with the Panerai comparison as I don't own any. However, don't you have a Deepsea? ;)
    I do, but it's so big and heavy and horrible I keep forgetting about it :lol:

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ichaice
    Ah,

Wearing a b1 at the moment which I think is a cracker. A little under you budget too.

I also really live the colt GMT and regret bitterly selling a steelfish GMT which was one of only 100 in the world. :-(

Can't remember who i sold it to but sell it back to me, please!!!

I find the pilot bracelet a bit blingy to be honest but I have a bling phobia.

£1500 buys a lot of Avenger! They really are great watches. In fact mine will soon be for sale, keep an eye out in the SC!

http://img651.imageshack.us/i/dscf0362y.jpg/

Apprentice

+1 on the Airwolf. I just bought my first Breitling about two weeks ago and love it.

Master

Yep, I've been looking at that one. It says 44mm. Does it wear as big as a Panerai?
    Not a direct comparison but I recently tried on the Avenger Skyland which I think is 45mm and it definitely wore smaller than my 44mm Panerai (111).

I have never seen a chronospace on here, why the lack of love for them?
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by stooo
    I have never seen a chronospace on here, why the lack of love for them?
    I have sold 3 on here within the last year

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:D :D :)

I have to agree.

For me the ONLY Breitling for me would be an Aerospace - I know two RAF Fighter pilots and both of them have Ti Aeropaces.

If its good enough for them its good enough for me :D

The majority of the others are a bit to bling and fussy for me personally - hence I sold my old Navitimer (after it cost me £300 quid when the crown fell off :twisted: ). Quality does seem to be a bit of an issue on some models :(

Andy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche