closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paypal

Paypal

Hope this dos'nt sound silly. I have seen posts on SC regarding sellers asking for payment with paypall gift. I have little experiience with paypal and have only paid after hitting the pay now button. Is there any charge to the sender Grateful for any help. regards Charlie. :?:

PS It took me 12 months to get up the trust to sign up with my bank details.

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Re: Paypal

If its funded from a cash balance or direct from your bank account (i think) then there is no charge to sender or receiver.
    If it is funded from a credit card,or,it seems,it is a cross-border transaction,then there is a fee levied which the buyer can pay or choose to pass on to the seller (which sort of defeats the whole purpose tbh).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rmb
    Hope this dos'nt sound silly. I have seen posts on SC regarding sellers asking for payment with paypall gift. I have little experiience with paypal and have only paid after hitting the pay now button. Is there any charge to the sender Grateful for any help. regards Charlie. :?:

If you link to a Credit Card.. then there are always fees.

Sometimes I've send Paypal.. linked to my DEBIT card (ie cleared funds and NOT credit) and the transaction has been fee free on a few occasions.

However.. I've sent monies a couple of times lately for watches (both to the USA) and got hit by a very small fee.. considering the amount I sent.

And I have sent amounts over here, UK to UK, over the years by gift and had fees charged.

So I'm assuming.. always a fee when linked to Credit.. and possible a FEE FREE annual limit for sending Paypal gift??

But when the buyer asks for it that way.. and you send it, if there's a fee option, you tick it, and pay it.

I sold a watch the other month.. asked for it by Paypal gift, and said buyer who I won't mention .. ahem.. forget to tick the 'I'll pay the fee' box and I got £30 less.

I told them send me £30 and we're good. :)

Hope that's as a clear as mud. :)

For PP gift payments, I have always been hit for a fee as the sender...my PP account is linked directly to my (in credit) bank account. To be expected is it not?

David

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacinabox
    For PP gift payments, I have always been hit for a fee as the sender...my PP account is linked directly to my (in credit) bank account. To be expected is it not?

David

No. Not always. Sometimes it's been free to me.

More Paypal madness it seems! :lol:

Thanks everone for replies. I think I'll transfer some funds into my paypal account ready for any purchases and see if I get charged. I once bought a watch on gumtree, when it came to pay bank transfer my bank wanted £30 (standard charge Yorkshire bank). I emailed the seller about my reluctance to this fee pay as the watch was only£60. The seller mailed his bank name(Santander) account number and sort code and told me to deposit into the local branch. I did so he got instant payment and no charges either way. Possibly a bit risky (not everyone's way of trust) but the deal went very quick.

Master
    Blog Entries

Just got a call and email from Paypal. Apparently they weren't happy with my Paypal gift receipts for goods!

Told me I wasn't protected as a seller which I thought was silly since there is ability to launch a disagreement in the first place. Just missing their fees I guess.

Apprentice

Cross border payments cannot be sent for free either. I found that out a few weeks ago.

Craftsman

Try the good old British Postal Order if in country ,fee paid on purchase,trackable with good recourse if solen,seller can cash at PO and no account or card details given out. Works every time for me.

or a credit union draft, they do not charge for the draft unlike the banks.