closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 1981 6BB Precista Chronograph Configurations

Craftsman

1981 6BB Precista Chronograph Configurations

A couple of questions for the lucky ones who have been able to include the 1981 6BB Precista Chronograph in their collection.

Q1 Dials - There appears to be two dial configurations; a) One with the numbers 2, 4, 8 & 10 intersected by the two sub-dials outer marking and b) One where the numbers 2, 4, 8 & 10 are not intersected by the sub-dials outer marking. What dial configuration do you have?

Q2 Movements - Some Valjoux 7733 movements may have Gallet & Co marked on the bridge, others may not. Is your movement marked Gallet & Co?

Q3 Hacking - Does your Precista chronograph hack? If so is it marked Gallet & Co?

Knirim's British Military Watches Page 623 shows Precista chrono 1334/81 with dial type a) above and Gallet & Co marked on the movement bridge. The movement also has a slightly different plate arrangement in the 6 o'clock area when viewed from the rear when compared with the 7733's in the Hamilton. CWC and Newmark.

Any input appreciated as always.

Terry

Craftsman

Re: 1981 6BB Precista Chronograph Configurations

Terry

I have three of these Precista chronographs 1167/81, 1365/81 and 330/80 (however I would not be surprised if this latter one has the case back of a Newmark chronograph as I also have a couple of these and the engravings are identical). None of them have the numbers intersected by the subdials. I am unable to open them at the moment as my case opener is at work but will try and give you the further information next week.

Dave