closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Holiday destination suggestiions?

Master

Holiday destination suggestiions?

Folks

Im looking for a suggestions for a nice break for the missus and I this year, hoping to go around august / early sept time.

Last year we were on honeymoon and went to the seychelles and then onto a safari in kenya.

We especially enjoyed the seychelles, so would like to go somewhere and stay in a 5* resort, in a safe country, nice weather, not crazily expensive (i.e. we want to be able to eat out and not have to pay £100 just to have lunch).

For info, we are both 30, looking for somewhere that there wont be kids and that there are a few activities but generally just looking for a nice relaxing break.

Can anyone suggest somewhere good? dont mind where really. we are thinking malaysia but havent a clue at the moment really.

Master

Re: Holiday destination suggestiions?

Hawaii or Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir
    <snip> in a safe country <snip>
    Good luck with that one :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :D :D
    ______

​Jim.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir
    Folks

For info, we are both 30, looking for somewhere that there wont be kids and that there are a few activities but generally just looking for a nice relaxing break.

Can anyone suggest somewhere good? dont mind where really. we are thinking malaysia but havent a clue at the moment really.
    If you want somewhere relaxing with no kids, try the Maldives. Typically overrun with honeymooners so very few children. Apart from diving, swimming and reading there is little to do but that does make it the most relaxing place in the world I have ever been to.

Not sure when the rainy season is though so do check....

HERE :wink:

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.

For me it would have to be cuba before the cranks are allowed in and f@@k it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    HERE :wink:
    Swingers paradise lol :drunken:
    It's just a matter of time...

Croatia fits most of those requirements!

I went there last summer with the missus and cannot recommend it enough. Particularly Dubrovnik if your looking for somewhere with plenty of culture and amazing sights. However it does get pretty busy at that time, no busyer than a nice English town on a summers day though!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by will852
    Croatia fits most of those requirements!

I went there last summer with the missus and cannot recommend it enough. Particularly Dubrovnik if your looking for somewhere with plenty of culture and amazing sights. However it does get pretty busy at that time, no busyer than a nice English town on a summers day though!
    been 3 times, the most recent being last May to get married over there :drunken:

great suggestion tho, one of my favourite places in the world :)

Yes another vote for Croatia! It has some amazing islands, friendly locals, great food & drink, good prices too. Have been 3 times to different places - last yr was Split and a few islands - easily as classy as Italy without the high prices..

You can't beat Las Vegas.

Master

Another vote here for the Maldives, although if you are thinking of Malaysia, I have visited Langkawi and Borneo on my Honeymoon. Both are fabulous places, and factor in that you will inevitably spend a night or two in Kuala Lumpur (a watch buyers dream), and you are onto a sure-fire winner.

Just back from Cape Town and was my best holiday ever, stayed outside the city centre, camps bay, Kalk bay and Stellenbosch for some wine tasting. Perfectly safe and just stunning. Did nt stay in hotels stayed on some guest houses which were fantastic. Pm me if you want more info.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts
    Just back from Cape Town and was my best holiday ever, stayed outside the city centre, camps bay, Kalk bay and Stellenbosch for some wine tasting. Perfectly safe and just stunning. Did nt stay in hotels stayed on some guest houses which were fantastic. Pm me if you want more info.
    have you been to old biscuit mill in CT? Awesome place. After Singapore next favourite city of mine.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany
    Yes another vote for Croatia! It has some amazing islands, friendly locals, great food & drink, good prices too. Have been 3 times to different places - last yr was Split and a few islands - easily as classy as Italy without the high prices..
    Been to Croatia twice now. Last we went Hvar, loved the place, their was some serrious money in the small harbour. Hopefully going back in June if I manage to hold onto my job in the council cut backs.

Well, concur with Maldives, nice place, but not much activities here except for diving. You're done with Male in few hours and after that there's nothing else to see or do, except for beaches & palms & as said, diving. Cape Verde is great too, I've been on Sal. You can rent a 4x4, do some windsurf, and again, that's pretty much it. Croatia is also nice (I live here) but I'd strongly suggest renting a sailboat and a skipper, so you get to a different place everyday (except if you do not wish to).