closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Postal delays/backlog?

Postal delays/backlog?

Posted a watch to Germany on the 29th dec, still hasn't left the uk by the looks of things. I know the Christmas period had a bit of a backlog and there were extra bank holidays and new year. Should I be worried and if not at what point should I be?

Master

Re: Postal delays/backlog?

I'm waiting for 3 this week and they are all late!

I wouldn't be too worried, I had a watch posted from the UK to Ireland on the 30th Dec, It only started moving yesterday, i.e. tracking appeared suddenly and it has arrived in Ireland this morning and is out for delivery already. Nothing seemed to start moving in the postal system in the UK until yesterday so I reckon you'll start getting feedback today or Monday if you've tracking on it. Give it another few days after that to be sure. Saying that maybe I was lucky to get through the obvious backlog!

ha, funny just as I finished posting the previous message the doorbell rang and my cold postman was standing on the door with my two Royal mail parcels...great stuff :D

Quote Originally Posted by Slim
    Posted a watch to Germany on the 29th dec, still hasn't left the uk by the looks of things. I know the Christmas period had a bit of a backlog and there were extra bank holidays and new year. Should I be worried and if not at what point should I be?
    what service did you use, and when you say "still hasn't left the uk by the looks of things" can I ask why you've arrived at that conclusion?

Airsure. When I spoke to royal mail they said the parcel is in their system but it won't be tracked again until it leaves heathrow.

Craftsman

I have a similar problem. Bought a watch from a TZ-UK member living in Germany, 13th December. still not delivered.

Ivan
    iwcforme

Master

Yeah the delays seem to be happening still. I had a watch sent from the EU on 27th December and there's no sign of it yet. It's a pain when you really want something as well :cry: :?

I bought an item on E-Bay on Tuesday and it arrived the day after :D

It is almost as if they (RM) have said: there's a load of stuff come in on the 24th Dec, we'll leave that til new year. Then they carry on until someone says: what about all that stuff we put aside from 24th Dec? :roll: (waiting for 2 x watch straps...)

I get the feeling you are right. I've had things delivered within a day since new year and received a strap this morning that was posted well before Christmas.

Had a watch posted to me RMSD before 10! It was posted at 4 pm yesterday in Washington Tyne & Wear.
    STILL NOT ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All you guys that say "Good old Royal Mail" I say piss!!!!
    If they cannot deliver they shouldn't take your money, and no one to phone so they are laughing. :evil: :evil:

I shipped one SD on Wednesday 29th.
    The guy in the psot office said "Of course we can't guaranree it will get there tomorrow".
    Eh? So what's the point?
    Actually it did.

Cheers,
    Ian

A watch was posted to me RMSD yesterday and I received it today.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60
    I bought an item on E-Bay on Tuesday and it arrived the day after :D
    Then again, I bought a strap and it was shipped 1st class post on Wednesday. I did expect it to arrive today, but nothing.

I'm waiting for two orders from Amazon, one placed on 26th December, the other on 3rd January. As a Prime customer I get free next day delivery and so far neither have turned up. I've just got off the phone from Amazon and they are sending a replacement for the first item but I have to wait another week for the second before they will do the same. The person on the phone said that normal service won't be resumed until the start of February.

I was also waiting on a replacement charger shipped by Applecare on 8th December. After 2 weeks of it not turning up, Apple overnighted me another one free of charge. The original replacement charger arrived on 4th January which meant I got an extra one free.

All of these items were shipped via Royal Mail.

Conversely, I ordered a pair of DMs on 29th December which arrived on 31st December. That was delivered by DPD, the first time I've had something shipped by them.

I suppose it depends on the destination.

I sent a watch Airsure to Canada after Christmas and it arrived in three days. :)
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I got a Christmas card through this morning franked on the 17th Dec :lol:
    Cheers..
    Jase

I ordered a shirt on-line from the US on Boxing Day and it arrived on Tuesday, along with a letter sent to me from Guildford on Christmas Eve.

Apparently RM have decided to clear the backlog in reverse chronological order, sending out the more recent stuff out first. It's caused quite a bit of anger. But that's why people are receiving post Christmas stuff earlier than the pre...

I am waiting on a watch from Sweden which was sent on Monday, but by the looks of it I might be waiting a while longer.

Adi

Blog Entries

I'm receiving items posted in the UK that were sent after Christmas but I know there are a few items sent before Christmas that haven't reached me yet. Whether the sender or I will ever see them is open to question.

**edit**

I've just seen the message directly above mine. That is what seems to be happening in my experience.

Home Delivery Network today announced additional delays due to adverse weather conditions :shock:

I sent a strap out First Class on the 17th of December, Ayrshire to Sussex. The recipient is still patiently waiting!
    ______

​Jim.

Thanks chaps. It's made me a little less anxious.

I got a mother lode of post earlier in the week, a lot of it postmarked mid December!
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Im patiently waiting for a modded 007 from Yobokies, Harold sent me the tracking number on Monday and it left Hong Kong on Tuesday, hopefully it won't be delayed to long.

Thomas Reid

I had ten packages waiting for me when I got to college yesterday. There were none when I left on Sunday. The orders go back to the middle of December.

Best wishes,
    Bob

Still nothing yet from 1st class posted Wednesday.

Master

Posted a watch to Denmark on Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday which is bloody fast by anyone's standards. Brought a watch from Denmark before Xmas and it only arrived today (8/11/1). Conclusion - its all a bit hit and miss.

UK-Portugal and Portugal-UK has been a nightmare... some stuff arrive 3 days later, some other stuff is somewhere in limbo realm... all registered packages I've send in December weren't scanned once they got to the UK so I can't even track them.

I'm also waiting for a cell phone I bought on Monday from the UK, nothing on the mail box yet... :(

Craftsman

I've been waiting for a Royal Mail parcel since 28th Dec.

Tracking since then has simply stated that 'we have your item and it is being progressed through our network'. At least until today that is.

It now says 'your item was delivered today from our Crewe DO'. Not to me it wasn't!

Doesn't appear to have been signed for either as there is no proof of delivery link at all, so that's lost now I expect.

Everything that has arrived via RM has been VERY late recently, including car tax bought online on 8th Dec, arrived here 5th Jan.

All other carriers have been exemplary I might add.

No sign of the replacement phones from Amazon that were supposed to arrive today. Royal Mail really isn't inspiring confidence at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BaBa
    I've been waiting for a Royal Mail parcel since 28th Dec.
    All other carriers have been exemplary I might add.
    And herin lies the rub, the death knells of The Royal Mail. Privatised and taken over by one of the other carriers soon. They seem to have gone away from the main core of the business - delivering letters.

Master

I've also had a few items of royal mail delivered over the last week but not by the postie - almost as if they have hired private contractors to shift the backlog. The watch I mentioned that was shipped from Denmark was on my doorstep this morning when I got back from the shops. Anyone could have walked away with it and to make matters worse, it was posted recorded. Shouldn't have been delivered without a signature!

Quote Originally Posted by kfman
    Posted a watch to Denmark on Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday which is bloody fast by anyone's standards. Brought a watch from Denmark before Xmas and it only arrived today (8/11/1). Conclusion - its all a bit hit and miss.

Journeyman

I suspect its all gone a bit pear shaped again because we had a smidgeon of snow again yesterday :)

Master

I sent something on the 29th december RMSD and no mention was made of a backlog and RMSD was back to next day guaranteed after the bad weather and xmas madness ,panic stricken as well over the £2.5k limit i phoned customer services who told me a bit of duff information at first and then another call later i discovered it had nt left the sorting depot yet ,not being happy i went down to the sorting offices and was told a load of mail inc RMSD for a few days was nt scanned due to a backlog and not having time to scan them all out meaning that when you checked the system it was showing the following ,progressing through network ,when it should get scanned in and out of the sorting depot ,panic over a few days later though when my mate received it ,and then a couple of days later a cheque from royal mail for £16 in compensation .

4 working days 1st class post and counting :(

My Amazon parcel from 27th December arrived this morning and the one from 4th January arrived yesterday. Sanjay sent me a strap yesterday which arrived this morning and I sent an RMSD package out yesterday which is out for delivery.

Blog Entries

Still receiving Christmas cards that were sent before Christmas here. Recently posted items are arriving quickly, though. Very weird. How large is this backlog and where is it all being stored?

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60
    4 working days 1st class post and counting :(
    5 days now, still nowt, yet something I ordered yesterday arrived today.
    It's not the fact that stuff takes time to arrive,weather has been bad after all. It's just that my trust in Royal Mail is diminishing, I'm wondering every time something is sent by normal mail whether it will arrive.
    How long is acceptable to wait before I contact the sender?

Master

I'm now at over a week waiting for 2 non horo items sent out last week 1st class..

Maybe I've been lucky but everything I've ordered lately (probably about 15-ish parcels since just before Christmas) has arrived within days.

Just a little update, it got there safe and sound. Though I'm a little disappointed as I paid for a signature but it was delivered without one.

I'm still waiting for a book from play.com (sent on Dec 23rd) and a watch from a fellow forumer (sent on Dec 29th) :(

Journeyman

Sorry to hear of peoples difficulties. I had a few parcels delayed from before Christmas that arrived at the end of last week.

Bought a watch on Monday and it arrived safe and sound today, just sent under Royal Mail signed for.

HC

Still nothing for me. A week now for 1st class (sic).

There's a forum here for those that want to vent their anger.