closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Police in smart cars

Police in smart cars

Anybody seen them :shock: they are parking up on big junctions in the lace where pedestrians usually wait to cross when there is a filter to the left or right. There is a dome camera on the top and a picture of a camera on the side of the car.

Re: Police in smart cars

Cheeky f*ckers :twisted: got a taste of their own medicine..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QNfe...e_gdata_player
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

i havnt seen any in sheffield yet,what are they trying to achieve?

Master

i love the way they drive back to the station only to find out they cant do anything :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Craftsman

We have them for parking enforcement round here with the camera on top. How they check for a blue badge is anyones guess...

Master

They use them here in some parts of S London, they park up on side streets , well back from junctions etc but with the elevated camera on top they snap people doing illegal right turns, say where you are supposed to go straightahead.. I do not think they are staffed by Plod - they seem to be more like parking wardens...

Master
    Blog Entries

They are used for detecting parking and driving offences of all calibres. They often are just driven around detecting such contraventions and you don't even know until a letter arrives at your door. Total revenue driving machine. That said whoever manufactures the technology for this are making fantastic money. Quite an interesting operating space I think.

Smart policemen would be a better development.. :D

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany
    Smart policemen would be a better development.. :D
    All the smart ones have retired :lol: ... Paul

It's a good job I didn't make that naughty right turn I saw it at the last minute and carried on

Master

They use them here in some parts of S London, they park up on side streets , well back from junctions etc but with the elevated camera on top they snap people doing illegal right turns, say where you are supposed to go straightahead.. I do not think they are staffed by Plod - they seem to be more like parking wardens...
    Yes we have them here - run by Lambeth / Southwark Borough council to capture minor motoring infractions as a revenue-raising exercise - and they make my blood boil on a number of different levels. You can usually find them parked on double-yellow lines, often dangerously close to junctions waiting for hapless drivers-by to make a minor mistake so that they can film them and then slap them with a fine. One was parked in a no parking zone right on a junction outside my flat a few weeks ago - so I went down with my phone as started openly videoing them in position. They drove off pretty quickly and I never did anything with the footage but it was fun seeing the surprised look on the faces of the errr, 'operatives'. Probably a pointless exercise anyway as I understand that they are exempt from the traffic laws that the rest of us are subject to.