closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuna show off

Re: Tuna show off

Mine -

A new bezel & insert arrived last week, just waiting for the new gasket then a PVD shark mesh & I'm set for a change.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly
    :director: I WANT ONE!!!
    I'm before you, queue jumper. :D

A lot of love for the Tuna lately :D

Ryan

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1984

Ryan
    Sell me yours Ryan and I'll love you long time! :shock: :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mi Shu

Ryan
    Sell me yours Ryan and I'll love you long time! :shock: :D
    No more selling for me I'm afraid Vic, I'm trying to build up a nice little Seiko collection :D

Ryan

Master

OK, I can't post a picture as I don't own a Tuna but feel that I must be missing out on something given the number of people who do and enthuse about them possibly like no other watch on the forum. I have to say that most pictures of the watch leave me feeling less than convinced, but I'm guessing it's one of those watches that you can't appreciate until you get your hands on one. To help me on my way to buying my 1st Tuna, could someone perhaps tell me what it is about the watch that makes it so appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by kfman
    OK, I can't post a picture as I don't own a Tuna but feel that I must be missing out on something given the number of people who do and enthuse about them possibly like no other watch on the forum. I have to say that most pictures of the watch leave me feeling less than convinced, but I'm guessing it's one of those watches that you can't appreciate until you get your hands on one. To help me on my way to buying my 1st Tuna, could someone perhaps tell me what it is about the watch that makes it so appealing?
    I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but for me everything about that watch just 'works' :D

By the way you really have to wear one to get what I mean :wink:

Ryan

For me it has the right balance of chunkiness without being ostentatiously large, a unique and interesting design, brilliant build quality, accuracy, reliability and character. The 007 015 and 017 are all quite thin and therefore more versatile than you'd expect. They look good on metal, rubber, kevlar and velcro. The Darths are just solid uncompromising chunk and I love their ceramic shrouds. Plus they are all quite exclusive, not being sold locally, which if we are honest just adds to their appeal ;)

I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but for me everything about that watch just 'works' :D

By the way you really have to wear one to get what I mean :wink:

Ryan

Master

...but I'm guessing it's one of those watches that you can't appreciate until you get your hands on one.
    You have hit the nail squarely on the head there. I was undecided for a long time about them but they just sort of grew on me. Once I had one I really could not appreciate it on the rubber strap so I had a look around and when I saw the example on Rich's website (Toshi Straps), my mind was made up.

There is something about the design that is just very, very satisfying.

Had the majority but there is something extra special about the vintage Tunas. Would only have the 7549-7010 now as the recent offerings leave me a little cold for some reason. Prices on these have started to shoot up recently though I've noticed :cry:

* Eddie, can you pull this thread please *

Master

:lol: :lol:

This probably sounds a bit daft Chris but having 'Marinemaster' on the dial just makes me love it all the more :D

Ryan

I have to admit , i agree with you there Ryan! Even though the SBBN007 is a Marinemaster, somehow having it right there on the dial does make the SBBN017/015 a little more cool!!
    Need to get another one!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrennie44
    This probably sounds a bit daft Chris but having 'Marinemaster' on the dial just makes me love it all the more :D

Ryan

I have to admit , i agree with you there Ryan! Even though the SBBN007 is a Marinemaster, somehow having it right there on the dial does make the SBBN017/015 a little more cool!!
    Need to get another one!!
    They seem to be in high demand at the minute, I got no interest at all when I tried to sell my first one :shock:

Ryan

I agree, this thread REALLY isn't helping...
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

my lovely couple.

and junior thats left the flock. much to my regret@!!!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by greencell

my lovely couple.
    Oooh, good arrows! 8)
    I can do that too... :wink:

Daft thread anyway...

Show-offs! :mrgreen:
    I only have one. :cry:

This one......

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Master

Daft thread anyway...
    Bitter. Much. :D

Daft thread anyway...
    Bitter. Much. :D
    Not at all.

:banghead:

Master

Bless you Tony, you poor little thing.

Here's one for you:

Master

For us Tuna Virgins (TVs), which model should we be looking to buy to get rid of our TV plates? There seem to be so many variants!

For us Tuna Virgins (TVs), which model should we be looking to buy to get rid of our TV plates? There seem to be so many variants!
    SBBN007 is probably the most common Tuna and these tend to be the cheapest, plus if you don't like it you should have no problems moving it on :D

Ryan

Master

Nice one Ryan... That's three of us desperae for the same watch now! :roll: :D

Nice one Ryan... That's three of us desperae for the same watch now! :roll: :D
    Let's face it though Vic, if anyone can get their hands on one it will most likely be you :D

Ryan

OK, I can't post a picture as I don't own a Tuna but feel that I must be missing out on something given the number of people who do and enthuse about them possibly like no other watch on the forum. I have to say that most pictures of the watch leave me feeling less than convinced, but I'm guessing it's one of those watches that you can't appreciate until you get your hands on one.
    Maybe.
    The tuna is not for everybody. – First of all, it is quartz (save for some very big and expensive models) and not that much a watch than it is a rugged tool. If you can either live with that or like the idea you probably will cope with a tuna just OK. Think of a high-grade digital-caliber - that is somewhat similar in feeling. - They both share finely tuned specifications, they both work exquisitely well in their intended purposes and they both share a quartz heart. In the case of the real tunas (to separate them from the fashion "tunas" such as the sawtooths) the movements are of truly high-grade specifications and have proved to be real workhorses able to take punishment and then some. Tuna is the epitome of Seiko´s idea of what a professional divers watch should be. It´s the peak of their maritime R&D efforts, a top predator in the Prospex class of professional timekeeping. In other words on a tuna you get an extremely rugged tool-watch that can probably take anything you, I or anyone else on this forum can put it through. You get a watch that is instantly recognizable as something unordinary, something recognizable as quality even though the sort of quality that escapes most. With the tuna you get the joy of feeling secure in that your watch will not let you down. You get the joy of wearing a sort of a miniature 3D industrial sculpture. You can get the similar experience of trying out the different strap combinations to find out the "best combo" as you would get with a, say, Panerai. In short on a tuna you a get the highest peak of an ongoing R&D effort of probably one of the most technologically sophisticated watch manufactures in the world. And not only that, but you also get it for a fraction of what "it should" cost. On a tuna you get the best performance one could ever hope for on a watch and you get it for a fraction of a cost in relation to most stuff out there. You get an almost maintenance free timepiece that is surprisingly customizable with different strap option and you get a sort of a non-spoken "cloak and daggers" satisfaction in belonging to the "club of those in the know" - being one of the wise ones, not just a tool (pun intended) with a lot of cash :wink:

Something like that, IMHO. They are rugged and they do have presence. That said they wear surprisingly well even on a smaller wrist.

To help me on my way to buying my 1st Tuna, could someone perhaps tell me what it is about the watch that makes it so appealing?
    Reread what I wrote above.

As Ryan said above you can never go wrong with a SBBN007. If you do not like the idea of having an ice-hockey puck strapped on your wrist you´d be wise to skip all the 1000m and 600m models and concentrate on the 300m models that have short lugs to make things easy regards to strap changes and they also look better IMHO than those models without them. So, try out a SBBN007. It is a risk free option as you can get it sold easily choose you not to partake the Tuna Brotherhood. For a tad smaller wearer that is stellar in everyday usage I´d recommend the already highly collectable so called "first tuna", the 7549-7010 which is my personal all-time favorite tuna. IMHO the best of them all. It also accepts a 6306/9 automatic movement as a straight drop in choose you do sacrilege and want yours as a smaller automatic. Good 7549-7010 are not as easy to find as the SBBN007´s but they are worth the expense IMHO (they go for apr the same prices as do the SBBN007´s).

Also know that if you belong to the low-sitting-is-better-clan of watch wearers there exists a very, very, rare 200m Professional variant with a high-torque 7C43 movement but as finding such would probably take a half a lifetime the best option for you IMHO is to go for a neatly preserved 7549-7010 or, if vintage is not your thing, a slightly bulkier SBBN007.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by JCJM
    OK, I can't post a picture as I don't own a Tuna but feel that I must be missing out on something given the number of people who do and enthuse about them possibly like no other watch on the forum. I have to say that most pictures of the watch leave me feeling less than convinced, but I'm guessing it's one of those watches that you can't appreciate until you get your hands on one.
    Maybe.
    The tuna is not for everybody. – First of all, it is quartz (save for some very big and expensive models) and not that much a watch than it is a rugged tool. If you can either live with that or like the idea you probably will cope with a tuna just OK. Think of a high-grade digital-caliber - that is somewhat similar in feeling. - They both share finely tuned specifications, they both work exquisitely well in their intended purposes and they both share a quartz heart. In the case of the real tunas (to separate them from the fashion "tunas" such as the sawtooths) the movements are of truly high-grade specifications and have proved to be real workhorses able to take punishment and then some. Tuna is the epitome of Seiko´s idea of what a professional divers watch should be. It´s the peak of their maritime R&D efforts, a top predator in the Prospex class of professional timekeeping. In other words on a tuna you get an extremely rugged tool-watch that can probably take anything you, I or anyone else on this forum can put it through. You get a watch that is instantly recognizable as something unordinary, something recognizable as quality even though the sort of quality that escapes most. With the tuna you get the joy of feeling secure in that your watch will not let you down. You get the joy of wearing a sort of a miniature 3D industrial sculpture. You can get the similar experience of trying out the different strap combinations to find out the "best combo" as you would get with a, say, Panerai. In short on a tuna you a get the highest peak of an ongoing R&D effort of probably one of the most technologically sophisticated watch manufactures in the world. And not only that, but you also get it for a fraction of what "it should" cost. On a tuna you get the best performance one could ever hope for on a watch and you get it for a fraction of a cost in relation to most stuff out there. You get an almost maintenance free timepiece that is surprisingly customizable with different strap option and you get a sort of a non-spoken "cloak and daggers" satisfaction in belonging to the "club of those in the know" - being one of the wise ones, not just a tool (pun intended) with a lot of cash :wink:

Something like that, IMHO. They are rugged and they do have presence. That said they wear surprisingly well even on a smaller wrist.

To help me on my way to buying my 1st Tuna, could someone perhaps tell me what it is about the watch that makes it so appealing?
    Reread what I wrote above.

As Ryan said above you can never go wrong with a SBBN007. If you do not like the idea of having an ice-hockey puck strapped on your wrist you´d be wise to skip all the 1000m and 600m models and concentrate on the 300m models that have short lugs to make things easy regards to strap changes and they also look better IMHO than those models without them. So, try out a SBBN007. It is a risk free option as you can get it sold easily choose you not to partake the Tuna Brotherhood. For a tad smaller wearer that is stellar in everyday usage I´d recommend the already highly collectable so called "first tuna", the 7549-7010 which is my personal all-time favorite tuna. IMHO the best of them all. It also accepts a 6306/9 automatic movement as a straight drop in choose you do sacrilege and want yours as a smaller automatic. Good 7549-7010 are not as easy to find as the SBBN007´s but they are worth the expense IMHO (they go for apr the same prices as do the SBBN007´s).

Also know that if you belong to the low-sitting-is-better-clan of watch wearers there exists a very, very, rare 200m Professional variant with a high-torque 7C43 movement but as finding such would probably take a half a lifetime the best option for you IMHO is to go for a neatly preserved 7549-7010 or, if vintage is not your thing, a slightly bulkier SBBN007.

Thanks,
    It's posts like this that make TZ so great :D

Ryan

Mine - apologies for the poor pics :) :

Now on a Hirsch strap:

Master

:stop:

:mrgreen:

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Ratchet clasp? :D

Ryan

Master

No thank you, I have one already and it's on my new superb, better than any Tuna, Stargate.
    So you can poke it sonny Jim. :D :D

[quote=Tai Mi Shu]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tai Mi Shu":1ykei4ua
    No thank you, I have one already and it's on my new superb, better than any Tuna, Stargate.
    So you can poke it sonny Jim. :D :D[/quote:1ykei4ua]
    Unfair :( :lol:

Better than any Tuna? That is a bold statement Vic :shock:

Ryan

Journeyman

This one is new. I also have an SBBN007.
    I've been wearing this one so much, my MM300 is collecting dust !

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Peahi
    ...my MM300 is collecting dust !
    Sell it then... :wink:

24 hr bezel - useless I know, but a nice change on the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60
    24 hr bezel - useless I know, but a nice change on the eye.

Not useless at all - the bezel alone gives you a second time zone. Anyway, looks interesting.

At last... lost my virginity :lol:

At last... lost my virginity :lol:

What's the verdict then? :D

Edit: just saw your new arrival post :lol:

Ryan

Ryan

Love it, Ryan! And lucky to get one LNIB too :)

Ryan

Glad you like it mate, wear it in good health :D

Ryan

Ryan

Glad you like it mate, wear it in good health :D

Ryan
    Thank you, and the same to you (& HNY).

Nice - welcome to the club.

Please stop this torture, I miss my tuna sooo much. :( Just wait 'till i get my bonus in feb :twisted:

:cry: :cry: :cry: You b@*t@?d..... :D

Master

wow - great thread & pix. thanks :)

i think i have found a Seiko diver i like :mrgreen:

can anyone please give me some idea on the prices on the various models. from what i have read, SBBN007 is the first one to get? :albino: :D