closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: omega choices

omega choices

hi

thanks to your advice im looking to buy a omega seamaster (already bought 2 watches since joining this forum recently!!)

what do you think about these 2 (and aprox value if poss)

seamaster 2234.50

seamaster 2054.50

or would a new type be better

Re: omega choices

For me the 2254 is the classic.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100
    For me the 2254 is the classic.

+1

Musch better looking watch, than the new Bond series.

Master

2054.50 is a 2254.50 on a Bond bracelet. It's a great watch and has somewhat of a cult following. However, having owned more 2254's than I can count, the GMT 2234 would interest me more this time if I was looking for another Seamaster. Both would be worth around £8-900 complete in excellent condition.

I would go for the 2254. It´s a great watch (had one myself). A bit thin though imo. I switched mine with a Seamaster chronograph.

Grand Master

2254.50 on a Bond is superb; owned one myself for a while and really liked it. Only sold it because I`d bought a Sub.

One drawback with all SMPS.....the bezels can easily get damaged and they are expensive to replace.

Paul

2254 or 2531 for me if looking at pre co-ax - I really don't like the look of the older GMT's and wouldn't wear one if it was given to me - that said I am sure the Bezel could be changed easy enough.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958
    2254.50 on a Bond is superb; owned one myself for a while and really liked it. Only sold it because I`d bought a Sub.

One drawback with all SMPS.....the bezels can easily get damaged and they are expensive to replace.

Paul
    £140 to replace the bezel on my 2254, just had it done at service
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman

I'd go for the 2254.50 as well, although I prefer applied markers on the dial so I replaced it with a non-ac dial.

I got the GMT pre-co-ax. I like the standard version, but I reckon there are a lot fewer of the GMT models around, it's an interesting complication (there aren't that many true GMT movements around) and will hold it's value better in the long run. Plus I love the red GMT hand.

I'm hoping my first Omega will be the 2254. been searching for a little while no for the right one. Most 2254's seem to be snapped up really quickly on here (guess that's the popularity)

Both nice choices that you are considering though.

...another vote here for the 2254 8)

Craftsman

I have owned 2254.50; its classic yes, but its still regular "Seamaster." Meybe thats why I sold it to get a chrono. With GMT you get a bit more watch....meybe thats why I'm still having 2234.50. Great watch. Loses less that 3 sec per day.

My vote goes to GMT

-OD

Journeyman

Me too looking to buy an Omega Seamaster, was also considering a "Bond"; but I really like the look of the 2254.50 8)

Master

I just recently aquired my first seamaster, and also thought this through. I was initially impressed with the GMT, great white espcially, but somehow the bezel just didn't work for me. 2254 was my next option, but instantly jumped on the ti-model once I saw one available. I already have a chrono (Speedy), so I really like the 2254-style clear and uncluttered dial.

Master
    Blog Entries

I've got the GMT, it's my favourite and most-worn watch. I'm still, after 3 years, not too keen on the bezel, but I regularly use the GMT function and it lacks the He-crown of the standard diver - which I consider a plus point.

Quote Originally Posted by odgreen
    I have owned 2254.50; its classic yes, but its still regular "Seamaster." Meybe thats why I sold it to get a chrono. With GMT you get a bit more watch....meybe thats why I'm still having 2234.50. Great watch. Loses less that 3 sec per day.

My vote goes to GMT

-OD
    just a newbie question.. I have seen alot of blue SMPs with a faded blue bezel.. is it a common problem with SMPs? do the black ones fade?

thanks! :)

Master

Not a big fan of the 2254..

Bond all the way for me :)

I would go for the 2254.5 or the GMT Great White..

Craftsman

The 54 by all means... I'm not quite feeling the bezel etc on the other model :blackeye:

For what it's worth, I really like the GMT. Looked at one in a local jewelers last year. Eventually decided to go and take a better look at it but it had gone.

2254 is an absolute classic, and more "pure" in the Pro lineage.

The 2531.80 is more stylised, more recognisable, more "hey look at me I've done well I've got James Bond's watch", and less WIS, so there are probably more of them around and therefore easier and cheaper to pick up used.

Which is why I got one (the last bit, that is :roll: ), and am constantly amazed by how good a watch it really is :

Jim :)