closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WAAAAY OT, but I just couldīt resist showing!

Craftsman

Re: WAAAAY OT, but I just couldīt resist showing!

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey
    Great looking cat but I think Ill get a regular cat and just shave it when I fancy a change
    There is a book devoted to this by Claude Bawles ,well worth a read.

In my experience, cats have as much 'personality' as dogs, and they are as affectionate as dogs.

I've never really understood those who like dogs but dislike cats. Amongst the 'cat haters' I've known personally, there is invariably something aggressive and macho in their dislike - it's almost as if liking dogs and disliking cats affirms their masculinity in some way. Very odd.

Doris Lessing wrote a piece called 'About Cats'. It begins: "The most often heard remark about cats is that they are 'independent' and then, that they don't care about people, only about places; and these from people who knew their cat will sit waiting for them looking out of a window, every day. It was Kipling who did the damage with 'The Cat Who Walked by Himself'".

Great pics in this thread. Wish I had the space and lifestyle for pets - a few cats, a couple of dogs, a pair of donkeys, and a pair of African Grey parrots would do me nicely :)

Quote Originally Posted by Argon
    Amongst the 'cat haters' I've known personally, there is invariably something aggressive and macho in their dislike - it's almost as if liking dogs and disliking cats affirms their masculinity in some way. Very odd.
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Nobody is talking about hate....except you. Neither cats nor the nice watches here are enough to get worked up about, but evidently disliking cats is. Takes all kinds of people here I guess :roll:

As for "agressive and macho" - your mind must work in a very strange way. Which colour is the sky in your world! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only aggresive input in this thread is your post as quoted here.

You should not presume to know anything about what makes people tick or not. You certainly do not have any basis for your silly statement.

As a matter of fact. Neither of your far-fetched notions have any basis in fact.

Toxoplasmosis on the other hand is a factor, which you might look into, as for why some do not care much for cats.

....but then maybe you are infected, as you already display some of the symptoms (Toxoplasmosis and the "Crazy Cat Lady" theory) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The above is to be taken with a grain of salt (Again, cats are certainly nothing to get worked up about - that goes for YOU! :mrgreen: )

You clearly wrote your post with feeling without standing back taking a deep breath and giving the matter some thought. The usual cat lovers drivel do not always fly.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Argon
    In my experience, cats have as much 'personality' as dogs, and they are as affectionate as dogs.

I've never really understood those who like dogs but dislike cats. Amongst the 'cat haters' I've known personally, there is invariably something aggressive and macho in their dislike - it's almost as if liking dogs and disliking cats affirms their masculinity in some way. Very odd.
    Dogs versus cats? You do not know?

Well Bubba, it is a bit like Alfa Romeo - if you do not know, I can not explain!

....and THAT is a fact.

So, back to watches ...... in Watch Talk :roll:

^ Whoah - easy there, Tiger :D . I clearly hit a nerve there. I was just voicing an opinion, which is clearly at odds with yours.

Peace out.

No, not at all. As I state, you just wrote your post as it clearly is something you feel for (cat lovers knee jerk reflex) - instead of contemplating other reasons for not caring much about cats. :lol:

Master

Clive say's Hi :D

Quote Originally Posted by Stonefly
    Even though they don't have fur do they still spend hours cleaning themselves?
    i.e. are they still unsuitable for folks with allergies?

Hi! They donīt spend as much time cleaning themselves as "regular" cats and are therefore better suited for persons with allergy (even though there are not completely hypoalergenic).

Best regards,
    Rui

Quote Originally Posted by Mr A
    Clive say's Hi :D
    Hi!!!

I have the exact opposite of your cat......

Just caught this thread. It is great sometimes to go off topic, just for a wee while. 8)

I reckon that bald cat looks even more prescient than cats normally do. I have had a number of cats over the years, with different partners and one that sticks in my memory the most is Bud, a black and white who I swear knew when I was coming home and then chose to act like Kato out of the Pink Panther. He would hide, only then to reveal himself, skipping sideways to take a swipe at my legs and then run off and hide, laying in wait for me to chase him. This was all fine for me and it became a daily ritual but my girlfriend of the time was less than pleased as she had to throw out numerous pairs of stockings that had been ripped by the little bugger!

Right, thats it for me. Off to read about watches again now! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr A

Fantastic :lol:

Now that's definitely a Monkey/Cat cross

You should have named him, Mat or Conkey? :P

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect
    one that sticks in my memory the most is Bud, a black and white who I swear knew when I was coming home and then chose to act like Kato out of the Pink Panther. He would hide, only then to reveal himself, skipping sideways to take a swipe at my legs and then run off and hide, laying in wait for me to chase him. This was all fine for me and it became a daily ritual but my girlfriend of the time was less than pleased as she had to throw out numerous pairs of stockings that had been ripped by the little bugger!
    That is exactly how my cat behaves, becoming ever wilier as she sees me take more precautions. Once in a very great while, I turn the tables on her (she never remembers to look UP) and it is damn satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout
    Not a cat person at all.

So could we please keep the furry critters OUT of Watch Talk, please!

Dogs are okay though
    :lol:
    Being a dog man, I don't get cats either. If you are into dogs, "you have to" read this article in the Gurdian from yesterday.

'Dogs don't want to control people, they want to control their own lives'
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/ ... -behaviour

In one of my recent writings I am comparing WISes chasing grails, to dogs chasing cars :twisted: ... and what happens when they catch them. :twisted:

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    Being a dog man, I don't get cats either. If you are into dogs, "you have to" read this article in the Gurdian from yesterday.

'Dogs don't want to control people, they want to control their own lives'
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/ ... -behaviour

In one of my recent writings I am comparing WISes chasing grails, to dogs chasing cars :twisted: ... and what happens when they catch them. :twisted:

john
    How very interesting, thanks for link, John.

I tend to lean towards the methods of Professor John Bradshaw, more so than towards Millan.

As is mentioned in the article, everyone around me still preaches the wolf pack philosophy, when the debate is about dogs.

I found the contents of the article especially interesting, as I used to be a dog handler myself (in the millitary not on civy street, so of course not 100% comparable but still...). It is food for thought, because my dog had been severely beaten by a previous owner (i.e. dominated as touched upon by Bradshaw) and only unfolded its full potential, when the German Shepard dog found out, that I rewarded it for a task well done instead of kicking it into the next county, as the idiot who had had it before had done.

Turned out the dog was an expert in performing the tasks demanded by the service. It flew through courses and also performed flawlessly in "real life" i.e. stopping intruders by running them down and tackling them + tracking etc etc. It did so for the joy of of the cowork between handler and dog and for the rewards, not because it was scared into doing it like a robot by repeated beatings.

I might have to read more by Bradshaw.

A well deserved BUMP :bounce:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rmcsilva
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by thattallchap
    Really?
    Yes, I missed it in the first instance. My son wants to have an animal at home. I always answer that I am alergic to animal skin. He then points out that there is a breed of cats that hasnīt got any hair. So this thread made me smile... :)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by angeche
    Quote Originally Posted by thattallchap
    Really?
    Yes, I missed it in the first instance. My son wants to have an animal at home. I always answer that I am alergic to animal skin. He then points out that there is a breed of cats that hasnīt got any hair. So this thread made me smile... :)
    Ditto - I didn't see this first time, and I've had a right chuckle going through the pages. Nice bump!

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD
    Quote Originally Posted by dowsing
    Amazing looking cat Rui, my two say hi :)

Are they both Russian Blues? And from the same breeder - real variety in both of them!
    Sorry for a very late reply, yes they are both Russian Blues but not related so one is slightly stockier (more traditional Russian Blue) and the other is a bit more skinny and Oriental. Here's a couple of more recent pics of the girls

A very awesome and special cat, I almost thought it was a decoration.