closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nice painting

Nice painting

Just thought this looked nice ...

http://www.europastar.com/europastar/he ... 1000989800

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

It does indeed, from that distance. looking at the big picture of the watch I'm not sure I like the small bit of the 6 lume left on the dial, or the piece taken out of the 10 lume though. :(
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    It does indeed, from that distance. looking at the big picture of the watch I'm not sure I like the small bit of the 6 lume left on the dial, or the piece taken out of the 10 lume though. :(
    I agree. If a watch doesn't eat all of its 6, it won't get any dessert!

The guy on the right should learned from his brother on the left :roll:

Cheers,
    Gert

Master
    Looking at the big picture of the watch, I'm not sure I like the small bit of the 6 lume left on the dial, or the piece taken out of the 10 lume though
    I have to agree with both of the above. I too don't like partial numbers, markers, subdials etc. Also not too keen on being told the obvious, like the space-filling "flyback" on the dial.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA
    Looking at the big picture of the watch, I'm not sure I like the small bit of the 6 lume left on the dial, or the piece taken out of the 10 lume though
    I have to agree with both of the above. I too don't like partial numbers, markers, subdials etc. Also not too keen on being told the obvious, like the space-filling "flyback" on the dial.
    Or better yet, the watches that say "chronograph" on them ... makes you wonder how fast the owner would wonder what the two extra nobs next to the crown are for if he wasn't constantly reminded that the watch is a chronograph ... :roll: :wink:
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Flyback is not obvious and actually has to to be looked for. How many watches to you know that have it? I can only think of two ...

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Grand Master
    All the German WWII Fliegerchronographs, the Types xx/21, the Heuer Bund ... it used to be quite a common modification.

I have heard it said that it wouldn't be too difficult to modify a 7750 accordingly. I would love to have my DC66 flybacked. :D
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

From a 'looks' point of view, agreed. But don't the remaining 'stumps' of lume serve the purpose of residual luminous markers where otherwise there would be none?

I can never decide which way I fall on this issue.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    Flyback is not obvious and actually has to to be looked for. How many watches to you know that have it? I can only think of two ...

john
    Showing my ignorance again, John! It's the quartz syndrome, I reckon. (Although quartzes do seem to fly forward, not back). I actually thought that most mechanical chronos fly back. Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

john
    Showing my ignorance again, John! It's the quartz syndrome, I reckon. (Although quartzes do seem to fly forward, not back). I actually thought that most mechanical chronos fly back. Duh!
    'Flyback' is the ability to return the chrono-hands to zero without having to stop them first.

john