closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 89 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,450 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Doive88 View Post
    Isn't that a hybrid? May explain why you keep needing to fill it up if you've not had it plugged in!

Beautiful cars though, I'm a BMW man myself (520d luxury - see pic of similar but not actual car!) and we've got a baby on the way (due in 3 weeks).

I was hoping to upgrade to the M5, but given impending parental duties thinking of shifting to an X6M or Porsche Cayenne (though I've heard very mixed reviews o the latter...).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Mixed review on a Cayenne? I'm surprised! I have heard nothing but good things about them from everyone I have spoken to who has owned the current model. In fact the most praise has come from people who have had a lot of experience with the current RRS / X5.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
    Just got this;

It's stupid! I took it through the back lanes to the M11 yesterday on the way back from Letchworth, it's so planted on the road and just keeps pulling. The only thing that will replace it is a Cayman I think!

Or Kids.....

Nice colour. Is it petrol or diesel?

Craftsman
    Picked this up end of last year. Needed something with room for baby seat in the back and a boot big enough for a dog and a pram. The fact that it does 0-60 in about 4.6 is also a plus!

Master
    Nissan Micra 1L auto,it has a sport mode

Quote Originally Posted by HEN12Y View Post
    Picked this up end of last year. Needed something with room for baby seat in the back and a boot big enough for a dog and a pram. The fact that it does 0-60 in about 4.6 is also a plus!
    Strange they publicise buyer's names.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    Not forgetting beaded seat covers😄

Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    Not forgetting beaded seat covers
    And clearly showing its' off-road capabilities.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    Not forgetting beaded seat covers
    I didn't want to boast

Journeyman
    Tiguan

I was waiting for someone to come along with a crapper car than our 18 year old Vauxhall Agila, but I’m still waiting.

A refreshing change from the monotonous penis extensions.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Strange they publicise buyer's names.
    Has a smaller audience of passing trade in the dealership (and conveys a personal touch). When posted on the Internet, that’s a different story :)

My wife had one of these, her sport mode was turning off the ac....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I do love the Subaru but love it when my son pops in!

It's great when I get the keys!

He's wearing a Patek, I wonder if their saying works in reverse, can but hope.
    Nigel
    Last edited by tempfort; 31st May 2018 at 19:10.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I was waiting for someone to come along with a crapper car than our 18 year old Vauxhall Agila, but I’m still waiting.

Why do you think buying a great looking car that is within your budget is a penis extension?
    I would be more likely to suggest you are inadequate if that is your thinking.
    Nice cars are a piece of design beauty(like watches) and if you can afford it why not?

Craftsman
    One sensible, one not so

My daily driver is a Skoda Octavia VRS TSI , great car super practical , specced a few nice options on it and its fits the bill perfectly

For nice days and weekends and just for fun , I have a Jaguar XFR with a few modifications
    Last edited by Liner33; 4th June 2018 at 17:50. Reason: Nicer pic

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Why do you think buying a great looking car that is within your budget is a penis extension?
    I would be more likely to suggest you are inadequate if that is your thinking.
    Nice cars are a piece of design beauty(like watches) and if you can afford it why not?

It's always fueled by jealousy/resentment/bitterness when people spout this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

Or because you like cars maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    It's always fueled by jealousy/resentment/bitterness when people spout this nonsense.
    Don’t be so tetchy. Only a bit of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by tempfort View Post

He's wearing a Patek, I wander if their saying works in reverse, can but hope.
    Nigel
    That is stunning!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by m4ckg View Post
    That is stunning!!!
    Is that an Oscar India?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Is that an Oscar India?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes it is.
    Nigel

Nigel
    incredible

What do you drive?

Had a lovely Audi A5 for 9 years and eventually scratched the RR itch when they brought out a model that size wise was just right !

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dandanthewatchman; 24th May 2018 at 11:46.

RSQ3 was too small so bought an A6 Avant S-Line Black Edition with some extras.
    It's a diesel , so bucking the trend.. :)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Master

Nigel
    Nice.

I was working on one of these all Friday! This one had the mechanical fuel injection though, gent hadn’t driven it for a while and it wouldn’t run. He’d got me round to fit a new ignition system but I dismissed that was the issue straight away as it was fuel related. Ended up finding the swirl pot for the fuel pump in the boot had rusted inside and the debris had blocked the electric lift pump.

After a full ground up restoration taking just over 2 years, we’ve finally had this delivered back to us today.

A rhd 250SL

A few little issues to iron out yet, but very happy with it so far.

Master
    Wow that is just stunning! Do you have details on the rebuild etc. Love to know more about it, one of my favourite shapes ever, just pure classic class. Enjoy.

@PDE That looks fantastic.

Bootiful!

Master
    The 250SL trumps everything and anything I've seen on this thread - forever! What a beautiful restoration. Dare I say it is better than new?

Nigel
    Love that.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

We used to have a 1.3 CVT auto one of those.

Surprisingly capable little cars !

That pagoda is beautiful !!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    After a full ground up restoration taking just over 2 years, we’ve finally had this delivered back to us today.

A rhd 250SL

Stunning.
    I would be rather pleased with that.

Craftsman
    I currently have a VW Golf R estate which is a great all-rounder, fast, spacious and comfortable but, dare I say it, pretty boring. I had a test drive of both the S3 and R at the time of purchase and with them both having effectively the same engine and gearbox, the R won it on the interior front.

Fast forward 20 months, and I’m due to take delivery of an Up GTI next month which I fell in love with after a test drive many months ago. It’s nowhere near as fast but for back to basics driver involvement in a lightweight package, its hard to beat. The sales advisor allowed me to really push the car on a second test drive and I actually drove home in the R wanting to jump back into the Up!

Some subtle modifications will be done to improve the handling and I will explore tuning options once it has been run in.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post

A rhd 250SL. A few little issues to iron out yet, but very happy with it so far.
    Truly a thing of beauty, stunning.

Craftsman
    I have had this RS4 about 6 -7 weeks now, bought it privately from a guy in Penrith who was the second owner. The first I believe was the Audi dealership so it has just about every extra except the wingback seats (bit of a shame but not the end of the world).

My previous car was a 3.8 Porsche 997.1 which I loved and thought I would regret selling but getting in to this changed my mind. My reason for a change was I needed something bigger and a bit more modern/comfier inside. This ticks all the boxes and would without a doubt outrun the 997.

In comfort its nice to drive, relatively quiet and 'normal' but in sport it is an animal, the sounds from the 4.2 V8 is something else. Downshifting is also enjoyable when the exhaust blips between gears!

Fuel wise.. terrible but lets not talk about that :p

Crap pic but I will upload some more in a couple of weeks.

That 250SL is superb. Great colour choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    I currently have a VW Golf R estate which is a great all-rounder, fast, spacious and comfortable but, dare I say it, pretty boring. I had a test drive of both the S3 and R at the time of purchase and with them both having effectively the same engine and gearbox, the R won it on the interior front.

Fast forward 20 months, and I’m due to take delivery of an Up GTI next month which I fell in love with after a test drive many months ago. It’s nowhere near as fast but for back to basics driver involvement in a lightweight package, its hard to beat. The sales advisor allowed me to really push the car on a second test drive and I actually drove home in the R wanting to jump back into the Up!

Some subtle modifications will be done to improve the handling and I will explore tuning options once it has been run in.
    When did you order your Up GTi ? I ordered mine in mid March and I'm keen to see what the lead times are....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doive88 View Post
    Isn't that a hybrid? May explain why you keep needing to fill it up if you've not had it plugged in!

Beautiful cars though, I'm a BMW man myself (520d luxury - see pic of similar but not actual car!) and we've got a baby on the way (due in 3 weeks).

I was hoping to upgrade to the M5, but given impending parental duties thinking of shifting to an X6M or Porsche Cayenne (though I've heard very mixed reviews o the latter...).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    A next door neighbour just got rid if his Panamera Hybrid and Cayenne Hybrid (was totally underwhelmed!) and came back with a new Cayenne Turbo
    'Made in Slovenia' - already had a few niggles.... !!!

And now due to those niggles has sold it and taking delivery of a 370BHP 'treated' VW Arteon - looks very nice indeed - great spec :-)
    Last edited by ingenioren; 18th June 2018 at 17:29.

Craftsman
    Just in the midst of getting a new focus rs for pottering about in as well as the vans and classic cars

A couple of 3.0 twin turbo BMW's here, nothing exciting but get us from A-B reasonably quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    Nice colour. Is it petrol or diesel?
    Sorry for my tardy reply!

Daytona grey's the colour i believe, it looks amazing in the sun, i spec'd an ABT kit for it, £5k! - 2.0 petrol, i contstantly have to stop myself putting my heavy foot down, it always wants to go!

Blog Entries
    Daft question as you haven’t had it long but what mpg are you getting with it?
    I’ve had the 2.0 Quattro petrol for a couple of years now and average 22, put it in sport and it’s way less- you can see the gauge going down! Nowhere near the figures that Audi quote

- - -

Craftsman

Nigel
    Loved them for many a year and wish to hell I'd bought a series 5 efi back when they were affordable.

My daily runner is the one on the right below, which curiously looks much nicer when it's covered in snow! Well aware it's a hairdressers or air-hostesses car, and also well aware that TT apparently stands for Total Tosser. To make matters worse, it's the 180 hp front wheel drive version with an auto box and I'm a 50 year old man who's bald.

The car started its life as my wife's school run special way back when the kids were small and would happily fit in the rear seats. A pram fitting in the boot, rear seats being class 3 child seats, the car not being a 4WD school run special and her looking damned good in it were the reasons she bought it.

Kids grew of course and when they'd no longer fit, I inherited it as a commuter car. It's actually perfect for driving in London as it's old, a bit scratched, has the auto box and is quick and agile enough to swathe through traffic if you feel so inclined. Another good point is that although the car is notionally 14 years old, most of the body panels are much newer (snigger, used to be my wife's car).

Bad points are that it's not the most reliable thing and generally has something costing about a grand go wrong with it every year.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries
    Very nice - I've always liked the CLS. (Much more respectable than your previous drug dealer RRS! )

Both new to me but both a fair few years old, but for me I’d rather spend what I can afford on a relatively nice old car than have an 18 plate supermini or small hatch on the drive for similar money. Plus I have an aversion to finance for some obscure reason.

I’m really liking the Z4 23i and Q5 TFSI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk