closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 87 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,350 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Only 700 coming to the UK, so there's a waiting list, I'm expecting July.....

Roller skate!

I have a thing for Japanese watches and motors. Blue ones too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    Only 700 coming to the UK, so there's a waiting list, I'm expecting July.....

Roller skate!
    I was going to order one but local dealer were quoting 40 weeks for delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy View Post
    I was going to order one but local dealer were quoting 40 weeks for delivery.
    I cancelled my order for one - maybe I should have posted a PSA.
    It's just a matter of time...

Picked this facelift model up pre-release on the 28th March thanks to the Halesowen dealership going above and beyond. They had it prepared at the port then sent a truck to pick it up. The salesman has a passion for detailing, and did a lovely job. Swapped the tyres to X-Climates and then off next day for a two week trip to the French Alps.
    We ran it in over the course of the holiday with mixed motorway, city and mountain roads. It returned 34mpg and more importantly I was not crippled by hours of driving.
    Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Sad to see the wife's Forester 2.5xt go. It was silly fast for an SUV and great fun but 99% of the time we never really got to use the performance and felt it was time to put the extra cash we were paying on fuel and crazy parts prices towards something a bit newer and more sensible instead.
    Nooooooooo! I'm currently thinking my 2.5 XTEN needs a remap from 245bhp to 280bhp. I use most of the performance a lot of the time and it's not quite lairy enough.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Out the garage for MOT Thursday, and then taken off SORN, can’t wait!

IMG_0279.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

What do you drive?

Just had its detail done.
    Last edited by Hood; 19th April 2018 at 22:19.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post

I like that.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    You've got to love the Cayman. I've had mine for six months and absolutely love it. I'm just in the throes of arranging a full detail and ceramic coat.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post

Saucy and shiny!!

Blog Entries
    That does look the mutt's nuts

That Cayman was SO shiny, I felt the need to show mine in dirtier climes.

Drive it all year: mud, snow, blood, grime, sun, birdshit

regular washes and wax, but no preening....

Craftsman
    Just picked up today, 204ps with lots of torque

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    As of April, one of these C300s, same colour, wheels and mirrors but brown leather inside. Great deal via carwow!

Got this on Friday, premium plus.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Got this on Friday, premium plus.
    Looks lovely Rick, pick mine up a week today!

Master
    Just bid farewell to a Golf GTD which I thought was great but this Leon Cupra 300 just arrived!

Love it and the performance is on another level.

Cheers
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Nooooooooo! I'm currently thinking my 2.5 XTEN needs a remap from 245bhp to 280bhp. I use most of the performance a lot of the time and it's not quite lairy enough.
    Probably if it had been my car rather than the wifes and I'd got to drive it without the kids in the back or a boot full of food shopping I'd have felt the same. But I only got to fully exploit it about 1% of the time and it felt plenty quick enough for an SUV.

I felt that the brakes and suspension would have needed an upgrade to handle more power though. Also there's a quite a lot of talk online about reliability issues with this engine in higher states of tune (I.e. STI spec), so it's worth investigating before deciding to go ahead with the remap.

Whilst the Forrester was a fantastic car I am enjoying the more comfortable and relaxed nature of the CRV. I must be getting old!

One day I would like to own another Subaru though.
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 22nd April 2018 at 11:00.

Master
    My daily drive:

- - - Updated - - -

What do you drive?

Also there's a quite a lot of talk online about reliability issues with this engine in higher states of tune (I.e. STI spec), so it's worth investigating before deciding to go ahead with the remap.
    Indeed... just had an engine replace and the dealer tells me he does at least one a month.... I suspect there are a lot of people driving around who don’t even bother or aren’t aware.

The big clue was, from literally day one, burning over a litre of oil every two weeks or so.

On the up side I now have a car at 100,000kms with a brand new engine.

Now to replace the air conditioning unit.

Picked this up yesterday.

First Volvo. Lovely motor although service/experience could have been better. Originally ordered an XC60 but swapped due to a price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Picked this up yesterday.

First Volvo. Lovely motor although service/experience could have been better. Originally ordered an XC60 but swapped due to a price increase.
    The look great! Top of my list on the next family car when the time comes! Let us know your feedback after you get some miles on her!

Love the new range of Volvos , the xc90 would be my next buy to replace the family car we currently have .

Took an Audi R8 V8 out today, and thought it was very nice - but hated the older auto gearbox when accelerating harder. I’m guessing the manual or newer twin clutch is the answer.
    It's just a matter of time...

Swapping company cars from a 116d for yet unknown variant/spec CLA in the next few weeks. Would have preferred a coupe or saloon C class but beggars can’t be choosers. Will put up a pic when I get the keys, will be an upgrade from the 1 series at least.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Took an Audi R8 V8 out today, and thought it was very nice - but hated the older auto gearbox when accelerating harder. I’m guessing the manual or newer twin clutch is the answer.
    mines a manual v8 and yes its stunning
    Last edited by Matdaytona; 29th April 2018 at 10:22.

Master
    Currently driving this:

Pic of mine and the good wifes:

I changed mine for a slightly newer model last week.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Swapping company cars from a 116d for yet unknown variant/spec CLA in the next few weeks. Would have preferred a coupe or saloon C class but beggars can’t be choosers. Will put up a pic when I get the keys, will be an upgrade from the 1 series at least.
    Anything’s better that a 116d isn’t it? Personally find them repulsive and hideous, can’t believe that they seem to be so popular. I’ve been in a CLA and yes not every bodies cup of tea but inside is quite nice.

I really have no idea why they sell so well, such a compromised car. The only upside is the engine is quite powerful for a 1.6 diesel and the auto gearbox is very good. But it’s loud, uncomfortable, very bumpy and I can’t wait to get rid of it! Mine doesn’t even have cruise control or parking sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I really have no idea why they sell so well, such a compromised car. The only upside is the engine is quite powerful for a 1.6 diesel and the auto gearbox is very good. But it’s loud, uncomfortable, very bumpy and I can’t wait to get rid of it! Mine doesn’t even have cruise control or parking sensors.
    I’m not sure about now but when SWMBO had a 118d, the 116, 118 and 120 all used the same 2l engine. This was the case with both petrol and diesel models.

Craftsman
    The 116d is now a 1.5 litre

Craftsman
    Some lovely cars on here, I drive a BMW 4 series 2.0d.

Bought this last week
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    The 116d is now a 1.5 litre

It doesn’t surprise me; it was 2013 and a newer engine in the last five years was almost a certainty!

Quote Originally Posted by docf View Post
    Bought this last week
    No Csl badge, is the boot lip an add on? Picture of front would clarify on air intake.

Lovely NA 6 cylinder, whatever it is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

No Csl badge, is the boot lip an add on? Picture of front would clarify on air intake.

M3 CS? As opposed to CSL?

Master
    This arrived yesterday - pretty happy with it so far, despite being unbelievably impractical!

Probably if it had been my car rather than the wifes and I'd got to drive it without the kids in the back or a boot full of food shopping I'd have felt the same. But I only got to fully exploit it about 1% of the time and it felt plenty quick enough for an SUV.

I felt that the brakes and suspension would have needed an upgrade to handle more power though. Also there's a quite a lot of talk online about reliability issues with this engine in higher states of tune (I.e. STI spec), so it's worth investigating before deciding to go ahead with the remap.

Whilst the Forrester was a fantastic car I am enjoying the more comfortable and relaxed nature of the CRV. I must be getting old!

One day I would like to own another Subaru though.
    My little boy (two-and-a-half) sits in the back going 'faster daddy, faster!'. The only thing I dislike is the driver's seat has no support for my thighs or legs. I need to investigate Impreza seats.
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman

What do you drive?

A Toyota and Aston Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
    A Toyota and Aston Martin

FTFY

No its not a CSL, I wish it was. Some OEM CSL parts on it though.

Needed to scratch the itch even though they can be moneypits!!

Just the right side of the analogue/digital divide i feel too.

Master
    No its not a CSL, I wish it was. Some OEM CSL parts on it though.

Needed to scratch the itch even though they can be moneypits!!

Just the right side of the analogue/digital divide i feel too.

I’ve loved my Z4M, became a garage queen when the JCW arrived. Agree with you about it being just the right side of the divide.

Gets tucked away for 6 months of the year & always special when it gets to summer & I can have it to play with again. Just a mechanical sounding engine as you start it up, and has to be driven properly to get the best out of it - especially vs the easy turbo style in the JCW.

It’s in for an oil & brake fluid change at BMW tmrw afternoon, after a long back & forth with the service department about the service not being due & it being an inspection 1 needed from their records.

Love the flared arches the did on the E46 M3, wish Bangle had made the arches a little flared on the Z, although to be fair it’s getting better and better with age; but then I would say that!

Yes the E46 was going to be a daily driver even in the winter but I have already changed my mind on that front after a week, it will be garaged in the wetter, colder months.

Master
    Yes the E46 was going to be a daily driver even in the winter but I have already changed my mind on that front after a week, it will be garaged in the wetter, colder months.
    Good choice! They are fine in winter, ran mine for a couple of them on normal tyres (no, not a flat earther, just if there’s snow, it stays where it is!)

Had CSLs on my Z4 coupe and loved the look but just lacked a level of comfort as a daily 60mile motorway hack. It’s the only reason I’ve not put them on this one (yet!)

Master
    Ive had this for a few years but it has been SORN for the last couple. Just moved it to a hangar at my current workplace and plan to get it back on the road. New batteries, new tyres and get the wipers working (they seized just before it went off the road) and it should be good to go. Needs a bit of body work though to get it looking right.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Ive had this for a few years but it has been SORN for the last couple. Just moved it to a hangar at my current workplace and plan to get it back on the road. New batteries, new tyres and get the wipers working (they seized just before it went off the road) and it should be good to go. Needs a bit of body work though to get it looking right.
    Always been a favourite of mine.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I hope all goes well with the restoration. For now though, that car looks very, very sad. A downbeat look if ever there was one.
    Last edited by Skyman; 5th May 2018 at 19:32.