closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 56 of 165 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,800 of 8239

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    My deal is similar, I got 7000 off the car on a 4 year PCP.

Long drive home I'm almost too tired to sleep now.

Looks great and love the colour!

I did originally want MG but as my last two cars have been very similar and my current van is pretty much the exact colour (not sure on the Vx colour name) so I've opted for Sapphire Black with coral red leather, oh and an extra two doors as we have a 1yr old.

What was the drive home like? And what options have you got?

My cars status has updated to at sea so expect 1-2 week of Jan :)
    Last edited by pitbull666; 30th December 2015 at 09:48.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Looks great and love the colour!

I did originally want MG but as my last two cars have been very similar and my current van is pretty much the exact colour (not sure on the Vx colour name) so I've opted for Sapphire Black with coral red leather, oh and an extra two doors as we have a 1yr old.

What was the drive home like? And what options have you got?

My cars status has updated to at sea so expect 1-2 week of Jan :)
    Was ok driving back but I was just shattered. From Chiswick to Swansea I got 41mpg on the motorway and 22 around town in comfort mode. Eco pro is the same on motorway but the throttle feels too long for my liking so sticking to comfort.

I've gone for the auto with black leather and the brushed aluminium trim, with the following:
    Pro nav (it's AWESOME!)
    Harman Kardon which is great once you turn the levels down from boy racer bass. I like my hifi so I'm on -3 and -4 and faded to front if I remember right and it's lovely.
    Privacy glass.
    Heated seats.
    Side M badge delete, and I may DIY debadge the boot too. Looks too central on the facelift.

That's it, comes with everything else I need really.

Was ok driving back but I was just shattered. From Chiswick to Swansea I got 41mpg on the motorway and 22 around town in comfort mode. Eco pro is the same on motorway but the throttle feels too long for my liking so sticking to comfort.

I've gone for the auto with black leather and the brushed aluminium trim, with the following:
    Pro nav (it's AWESOME!)
    Harman Kardon which is great once you turn the levels down from boy racer bass. I like my hifi so I'm on -3 and -4 and faded to front if I remember right and it's lovely.
    Privacy glass.
    Heated seats.
    Side M badge delete, and I may DIY debadge the boot too. Looks too central on the facelift.

That's it, comes with everything else I need really.
    Good spec mate and mpg is pretty good for a new engine!

I went
    F20
    Auto
    Sapphire Black
    Coral red leather
    Brushed trim with black finishers
    Comfort pack with front and rear sensors
    Pro Nav
    HK audio
    Adaptive suspension
    Electric folding mirrors
    Electric memory seats
    Heated seats
    High beam assist
    Side M badge delete

MP black kidney grills
    Possible MP exhaust

Didn't spec privacy as I don't like the look on the black car suits all the other colours!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good spec mate and mpg is pretty good for a new engine!

I went
    F20
    Auto
    Sapphire Black
    Coral red leather
    Brushed trim with black finishers
    Comfort pack with front and rear sensors
    Pro Nav
    HK audio
    Adaptive suspension
    Electric folding mirrors
    Electric memory seats
    Heated seats
    High beam assist
    Side M badge delete

MP black kidney grills
    Possible MP exhaust

Didn't spec privacy as I don't like the look on the black car suits all the other colours!
    I agree tints on a black car make it look like a van.

The brushed trim is really nice, I wasn't sure hadn't seen it in flesh but glad I picked it.

I would be wary of the exhaust, try riding in a car with it first. I had one on my previous 135 coupe and it was really ASBO when starting up cold. Was a bit of a giggle but felt sorry for the neighbours as I am up to work early. On full bore acceleration it was epic though, but I'm yet to hear this one as I'm being a good boy and yet to pass 3k revs.

I agree tints on a black car make it look like a van.

The brushed trim is really nice, I wasn't sure hadn't seen it in flesh but glad I picked it.

I would be wary of the exhaust, try riding in a car with it first. I had one on my previous 135 coupe and it was really ASBO when starting up cold. Was a bit of a giggle but felt sorry for the neighbours as I am up to work early. On full bore acceleration it was epic though, but I'm yet to hear this one as I'm being a good boy and yet to pass 3k revs.
    Yeah that's the reason I'm in two minds about the MPE, I'll see if stock sounds good on full chat in sports and then go from there. Luckily I'm heading up to Glasgow later this month so that will be a nice 750+ miles chunk out of the 1200 running in.

Keep me update on how you are finding the new toy

Master
    Blog Entries
    Will do, hope your arrives soon.

This is my toy, the BMW is the daily driver so this can come out at weekends and on track days lol...

This is my toy, the BMW is the daily driver so this can come out at weekends and on track days lol...

Very nice :)

With running the 1 and my works van I can't really justify a third car but love the idea.

Positive news this morning my cars now at the UK port with an ETA to the dealership for the 8/1 so not long to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I have first refusal on this one owner FSH 240GLT - going to see it next week.....

Unfortunately at point of MOT found to have too much rust for my liking so decided to give it a miss

All is not lost though as Ive just bought this one

Master

Cool

Lovely,I'd potter around in that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    A few of us with the M135i it seems.

It wasn't on my radar until I realised the discounts available.

I test drove all the hot hatches with the exception of the Golf R which wasn't really available at the time, it suited my requirements perfectly plus that engine!

Well over a year in and I'm still very happy with it.

I'm sure the Golf R is very nice and I would have been impressed but I'm very happy with my choice :)
    A friend of mine has a Golf R and with the exception of the stonking engine and nice exterior styling cues it really doesn't have much going for it. The dash and centre console look as 'utilitarian' as in a regular Golf and with the exception of a couple of leather inserts in the door, it's still the same 'budget' scratchy plastics as a regular Golf. The drive is thrilling but in terms of quality of feel it just seemed underwhelming.

On the other hand - I test drove a Merc A180d Sport today and I fell in love with the build quality. Now just to get the missus to agree ;-)

Master
    I've got a BMW i3 and a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. I managed to sell my wife on the eco benefits to justify getting 2 new cars within 6 months (both on lease I hasten to add!).

The i3 is really superb, especially at the lights, it is so fast 40-50 mph, it's really a lot of fun beating the boy racers whilst making no noise.

It's finally arrived, well actually picked it up Sat but didn't get to drive it much due to family commitments and then had the detailer giving it the GTech treatment Tue/Wed all ready for our 800mile trip up to Glasgow and back (fingers crossed on the weather)

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's finally arrived, well actually picked it up Sat but didn't get to drive it much due to family commitments and then had the detailer giving it the GTech treatment Tue/Wed all ready for our 800mile trip up to Glasgow and back (fingers crossed on the weather)

Looks fantastic, the black/red combo is spot on. I like the black grilles too, considered on mine but on the grey I think it's too fussy so I'm going to wrap it matte silver to match the mirrors and bumper bits.

How are finding it?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ten weeks and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    All is not lost though as Ive just bought this one

That looks particularly clean Ian, well done

Master

Well done.

Craftsman
    Bought our car off a friend for a great price. Decision absolutely based on price, practicality and sensibility rather than any desire to own it.
    Last edited by Wharry; 20th January 2016 at 18:20.

Journeyman
    Picked up my new Defender at the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Ten weeks and counting.
    I forget, are you getting this in kit form or factory built?

I had an R500 reserved last March but went with the 2-Eleven in the end. One day I'll buy another Caterham but would rather a standard gearbox over the sequential.

Fingers crossed we get some dry days as I can't remember the last time the Lotus had an outing. The lack of screen and heater limits its use somewhat.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    I forget, are you getting this in kit form or factory built?

I had an R500 reserved last March but went with the 2-Eleven in the end. One day I'll buy another Caterham but would rather a standard gearbox over the sequential.

Fingers crossed we get some dry days as I can't remember the last time the Lotus had an outing. The lack of screen and heater limits its use somewhat.
    A factory car, as I am in the Dordogne and did not fancy my first Caterham build at such a distance from help!

As I say, it will be my first Caterham, so I really cannot wait for early April. It replaces an R35 Nissan GTR, so quite a change for me. The GTR weighed in at c. 1770kg, the Twenty only 500kg!

The Lotus is a fine car too. The 3-Eleven has upped the game again, but at a silly price I cannot help feeling.

Fortunately, the weather here is somewhat more predictable than the UK. I figure 8/9 months of dry use, which is just as well as the Twenty (as I have specced it) comes with no heater, no weather gear, no doors and no windscreen!
    Last edited by Skyman; 21st January 2016 at 18:46.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb71 View Post

That thing I'd awesome!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That thing I'd awesome!
    English?

Master
    Blog Entries
    English?
    It translates to "my iPad's auto spell function is sh!te"....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It translates to "my iPad's auto spell function is sh!te"....
    Thought so!

A factory car, as I am in the Dordogne and did not fancy my first Caterham build at such a distance from help!

As I say, it will be my first Caterham, so I really cannot wait for early April. It replaces an R35 Nissan GTR, so quite a change for me. The GTR weighed in at c. 1770kg, the Twenty only 500kg!

The Lotus is a fine car too. The 3-Eleven has upped the game again, but at a silly price I cannot help feeling.

Fortunately, the weather here is somewhat more predictable than the UK. I figure 8/9 months of dry use, which is just as well as the Twenty (as I have specced it) comes with no heater, no weather gear, no doors and no windscreen!
    I'm sure you'll have great fun with it. While I appreciate the GTR and have been around Silverstone in one, it's not a car for me. I helped build my friend's Academy car for the 2014 season over the winter of 2013, really enjoyed it but I wouldn't have the patience if it were my own, I'd want to be driving it.

I had my name down for the 3-11 as I had the heads-up it was going to be released but at £82k basic price it's a lot of cash for a track car. They are selling though and on paper it's a hugely impressive car so get the price, just too rich for me. I look forward to having a drive when they get one in though and am borrowing their supercharged V6 Exige demo when mine goes for a service.

Am currently looking at a couple of year old SLK55s to add to the fleet but fear they've got some depreciation to go. May end up with a ~2010 Boxster S manual instead

Craftsman
    In the latest LRO Land Rover mag (March issue) is a home story about my obsession ;-)
    Last edited by bmwrover; 29th January 2016 at 14:49.

Master

My new ride - 2007 Audi A4 Avant

New (to me) car picked up last Friday, and whilst not as exotic as some of the vehicles on these pages, I've always wanted one and it is very practical for the Canadian winter.

Dolphin Grey over black leather, 6spd tiptronic with Sport mode and 128,000kms on it, but it certainly doesn't feel or drive like a 9yr old car. It will be taken next week to get some privacy tints on the rear windows.

I'm very happy with it, and look forward to many years of driving it and exploring this huge country in it.

Craftsman

Looks great!

That's great

That's the dogs danglies.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Looks like Caffyn's car park?

Journeyman
    FJ Cruiser

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^^^^ not the most aesthetically pleasing car on the road is it??!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    ^^^^^^^ not the most aesthetically pleasing car on the road is it??!!!!
    If you'd seen some of the other colour combo's they come in, Mike, you'd probably think this one was ok...

Blog Entries
    It's arrived

OK. It's only the 2.0d XF, but it's still not too shabby

z

Craftsman
    Had it for 2.5years and still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    My two classics, M5s from 1986 and 1995 :)

1986 with its great grandson!

(yes, I need to take a pic of all three together!)
    U don't see alot of the E60 m5 touring, nice one

Here's mine, had just over 2 years, have 2 young kids and does everything I need. Great car but itching for something more fun!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Looks like Caffyn's car park?
    Nope, was Beadles Sidcup. Caffyns didn't want to know when I asked them about a discount!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    That's great
    Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post
    That's the dogs danglies.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhw. View Post
    Looks great!
    That thing I'd awesome!
    Thanks all, really pleased with it!

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It's arrived

OK. It's only the 2.0d XF, but it's still not too shabby

z
    Nice !

Whats it like ? did you consider the xe at the time?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Nice !

Whats it like ? did you consider the xe at the time?
    It's big ! After a few months in an Octavia as a temp car it feels substantially larger.
    Mainly because it is - so while it's a bit of a pain to park the upside is it munches the miles with ease.

That was my main reason for going XF Rather than XE - I'm doing more miles, so wanted the longer wheelbase for the extra long distance comfort.

Thats not to say the Octavia wasn't comfortable, just that with the XF Jaguar has managed to find a great balance between comfort and taut handling whilst making it a pleasant environment to eat up the miles.

I'm not sure the interior quality is quite up with the Germans, but it's certainly nice enough & the seats are (for me) an excellent fit - nicely bolstered & firm without being uncomfortable.

So far I'm very impressed.

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It's big ! After a few months in an Octavia as a temp car it feels substantially larger.
    Mainly because it is - so while it's a bit of a pain to park the upside is it munches the miles with ease.

That was my main reason for going XF Rather than XE - I'm doing more miles, so wanted the longer wheelbase for the extra long distance comfort.

Thats not to say the Octavia wasn't comfortable, just that with the XF Jaguar has managed to find a great balance between comfort and taut handling whilst making it a pleasant environment to eat up the miles.

I'm not sure the interior quality is quite up with the Germans, but it's certainly nice enough & the seats are (for me) an excellent fit - nicely bolstered & firm without being uncomfortable.

So far I'm very impressed.

z
    Congrats.

I recently bought an Audi A6 but the XF was a strong contender. What swung it was that whilst the Audi at RRP was more expensive, Audi Wimbledon absolutely blasted a deal for me whereas Jaguar were offering only a token discount so by the time it came to crunching through the final price the Jag would have been around £100 a month more in payments.

But it was a lovely car. Agree the interior is a smidge behind 'Ze Germans' but it was a bit more of a hoot to drive, more feedback response than the Audi IMHO.

Agree about the long distance thing - it's like driving in an armchair :)

Apprentice
    I drive a 2012 tdv8 Range Rover with a semi overfinch conversion (engine breathed on a little and exhaust done to compensate but without the stupid big wheels and tacky body kit

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As it stands.

Hope it looks a bit better when complete.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Markstan1975 View Post
    I drive a 2012 tdv8 Range Rover with a semi overfinch conversion (engine breathed on a little and exhaust done to compensate but without the stupid big wheels and tacky body kit
    The TDV8's really are a great engine with a remap and subtle exhaust!

Craftsman
    Gone from a couple of 997's and rr's to an A1 diesel, best move I've made car wise.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Hope it looks a bit better when complete.
    These had progressed further down the production line.

These had progressed further down the production line.
    Weird how they have those itty bitty wheels ;p