closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival - Glycine Airman Base 22 - New pictures!!

Master

New arrival - Glycine Airman Base 22 - New pictures!!

Got home to find this beauty waiting for me -

New Glycine Airman Base 22 - not officially released until 1 May, but have managed to get it beforehand with huge thanks to chris2982. It is the very latest version of the Airman.

42mm across, with sapphire crystal front and back, 3 timezones, WR 200m and first impressions are good. Finish is top notch, and although the bracelet feels lightweight compared to the SMP I am currently wearing, I am sure I will get used to it. Speaking of the bracelet - it is a very nice satin finish tapering down to a slightly smaller clasp which is tri-fold with a locking fold over section.

Not quite sure why but it came in a SST06 box :? - but will sort that out later with Glycine and see if they are actually going to do another box for it. Also came with high quality leather strap and the new Airman book. Here are some more Q+D photos of the watch -

And the second new arrival today, is not a watch or even remotely connected to watches - but something that I have been waiting for for quite a while -

MY PERMANENT RESIDENCE VISA FOR CANADA HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!

Master

Re: New arrivals x 2 - Glycine Airman Base 22 and the other??

Congrats Chris!

It looks wonderful! :)

Cheers,

Erik

Master

Congratulations Chris on both counts :thumbup:

Get the mountie uniform pressed and ready... :lol:

Seriously mate - congrats to you and Mrs Bond.

Master

Congratulations on the Residency Visa coming through and the yet to be released Glycine looks swweeeeeet :)

Journeyman

Congratulations to a real beuitie. I like that Glycine has gone back to those hands.

Master

Never got the Glycine thing. Saw these new ones on the website and didn't think much of them at all.

Saw your pics and then changed my mind - looks great!

Will this be making it over the Atlantic with you or will it have been flipped long before then....? :)

Banned

amazing watch, congrats :)

your pictures really show how shitty the pictures on the glycine website are. the gmt hand looks red on all the pictures, your pictures show the nice orange colour of the 12/24 dila marks and the GMT hand.

Congrats on the visa mate, not long now .

I was impressed when the watch got here , definatly the right move for glycine as that 42mm case seems the perfect size for it.

wear it in good health,.

chris.

Master

Thanks gents for your kind words. Ever since I sold my Airman 2000 have been hoping that Glycine would do another 42mm Airman and they have. I have been wearing it at work today and the have tried to stop myself looking at it too much, but I just can't help myself :?

Quote Originally Posted by simonrah
    Never got the Glycine thing. Saw these new ones on the website and didn't think much of them at all.

Saw your pics and then changed my mind - looks great!

Will this be making it over the Atlantic with you or will it have been flipped long before then....? :)
    Well Simon, I am glad to have helped you in that regard, and in answer to the second question, then yes this will be coming over the pond with me. All the watches I take in with me I will have to keep for at least a year otherwise duty will be leived on them - so thinking very seriously about which ones I am keeping and which ones might well go :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nordgren
    Congratulations to a real beuitie. I like that Glycine has gone back to those hands.
    I know what you mean, certainly has the 50's styling element to it and that is one of the things I like most about the watch - along with the very smooth second hand :)

Well done on both fronts - the 42mm is perfect, they've done a really good job, keeping pretty much to the original. Very striking and technical - love it.

I'd been sniffing around a few old ones and had considered a new one but felt there was always something 'not quite right' to what I wanted. Until this new one in particular - as I say, very nice pick and I can see why you've enjoyed the models you have.

You'll need a long NATO to strap it outside your coat when you're out hunting bear or wrestling elk...

Congrats Commander. This is the model everybody has been waiting for. :thumbleft:

For some stupid unknown reason the original mid-size didn’t have a locking crown. :evil:

john
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

I think that is Glycine really nailing the Airman look. I had an Airman 2000, and the size was great, but putting the locking crown back into the equation was a smart move by them.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master

Have taken the opportunity to snap this beauty in it's natural environment - on a flight chart and thought would share the results with you. I have had it on for a couple of days now and the others are just not getting a look in at the moment :wink:

Re: New arrival - Glycine Airman Base 22 - New pictures!!

how dare you leave our sleepy city of Lincoln! think of the castle, and cathedral, and......erm bowling alley?

Master

Really nice pictures Chris! Looks perfect on that flight chart. :)

/erik

Banned

excellent pictures but there is one missing. what about a wrist shot?