closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling advice please

Breitling advice please

Guys,
    a friend's wife has contacted me for help in sourcing a watch for her husbands 50th. She wants it to be a surprise and for me to either source it or direct her to my recommendation.

Now the thing is she's tried to get some idea of what hubby would like, but without raising suspicions........ and here is what I've got to go on:

The model I think he'd like is what he would call the "original" ........ the Navigator steel/
    black.......I believe this is one of the smaller of the range ....... better for him as he has quite small wrists.
    (I'm assuming that by 'Navigator' she mean's Navitime - unless there was a a model of that name - and she is happy for me to look for a pre-owned one).

Sooooo, your thoughts, comments, advice, etc are invited on this one!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries

Re: Breitling advice please

Probably she was referring to the the quintessential Brietling - the Navitimer - have a look through SC - or post a WTB perhaps -

Here is a good source on on things Breitling: http://www.breitlingsource.com/
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master

I think definitely a Navitimer, black dial, silver subs on maybe a black leather or black croc strap, the ultimate original Breitling! Size is around 41-42mm and I would have thought the perfect size.

There are some 50th Anniversary versions around which could be very appropriate?

http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_de ... r_173.html

Stef

Just curious!!!

What did she get for him in the end????

Quote Originally Posted by 350z
    Just curious!!!

What did she get for him in the end????
    She hasn't yet, hence me asking the questions. :wink:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Tapp
    I think definitely a Navitimer, black dial, silver subs on maybe a black leather or black croc strap, the ultimate original Breitling! Size is around 41-42mm and I would have thought the perfect size.

There are some 50th Anniversary versions around which could be very appropriate?

http://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_de ... r_173.html

Stef
    Stef
    that's perfect - a 50th anni model for a 50th birthday!!!!

I'll report back to his good lady & if that's what she thinks too then I'll start looking...... any idea of ball-park price for a good example?

R