closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seamaster 2254 and Speedy Pro on Omega mesh

Seamaster 2254 and Speedy Pro on Omega mesh

Just got a 20mm Omega mesh from Cousins - plus the essential extension piece so it fits round your wrist, and not just round your finger. Really happy - had been struggling to find the 'right' band for the Speedy in particular, but the mesh seems perfect. I like the fact that it's original Omega kit and that the springbar goes through the mesh itself rather than a solid endpiece. It's a little bit bling, but it's how Buzz wore his (I'm not spending daft money on a NOS JB Champion) and as my missus pointed out, a NATO doesn't look special enough.

So here's a few pix for anyone also considering one - and some of the mesh fitted to my 2254.50 Seamaster. And I've also included some of the 2254.50 on Eddy's olive NATO - I love this combination...

Master
    Blog Entries

Re: Seamaster 2254 and Speedy Pro on Omega mesh

Like it on the speedy, a classic combo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Glover
    +1

The Speedy looks very good on mesh IMHO.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Banned

Certainly suits the speedy better, but still looks good on the 2254! 8)

Craftsman

Loving the mesh, that's a great combo on the Speedy.

I must be one of the very few people who cannot stand a mesh bracelet, no matter which watch itīs on.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H
    I must be one of the very few people who cannot stand a mesh bracelet, no matter which watch itīs on.
    Got to respect that honesty!

Great combo with the speedy, Seamaster is better on the nato imo :)
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

I have had my 2254 on mesh from time to time. It really changes the look :) Love it on the Speedie!

And I thought I was the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush
    +1

Don't know why but they give me the creeps a little.

Love the 2254 on the olive Nato though.

Blog Entries

I'm glad not everybody's taste is the same! Guess what would happen if we all wanted the same bracelet/strap/watch... Prices would go through the roof!

For me, an Omega mesh on a Speedy looks and wears great. I think the original bracelet is far to flimsy for a heavy watch like a Speedy Pro. I've tried Gasgasbones' velcro, a rally strap from Morellato and the original bracelet. In short, I prefer the mesh!

Having said that, I can not understand why manufacturers of mesh bracelets haven't copied the Omega/Eterna mesh. Even a good quality mesh from Jurgen (on a Zinex) doesn't look as good as the Omega/Eterna mesh.

Menno

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plake
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush
    +1

Don't know why but they give me the creeps a little.

Love the 2254 on the olive Nato though.
    One Seamaster really must be on mesh though..

OP - That Speedy on mesh is sweet 8) 8) 8) Can you say a bit more about what all the bits to order from Cousins? As in:

Just got a 20mm Omega mesh from Cousins - plus the essential extension piece so it fits round your wrist, and not just round your finger.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK)

One Seamaster really must be on mesh though..

OP - That Speedy on mesh is sweet 8) 8) 8) Can you say a bit more about what all the bits to order from Cousins? As in:

Just got a 20mm Omega mesh from Cousins - plus the essential extension piece so it fits round your wrist, and not just round your finger.
    I agree, funny enough, it wouldnīt look good on anything else.

OP - That Speedy on mesh is sweet 8) 8) 8) Can you say a bit more about what all the bits to order from Cousins?
    The mesh is 5 7/8" long and the extension adds 13/16" to the length. That should mean it would fit you. The reference numbers for the 20mm mesh and extension are 020ST1280237 and 034ST01. You'll also need an extra 20mm clasp/buckle spring bar to fit the extension to the mesh. You can buy them from Cousins or find a friendly forum member like I did.

BTW, could you make your signature image smaller. It buggers up the forum formatting.

Can you say a bit more about what all the bits to order from Cousins? As in:

It's the 1380/237 20mm mesh bracelet. Cousins' search facility can be a bit 'idiosyncratic' but if you search for their product code x21261 you'll find it - Ģ11 or so, plus tax. The bracelet itself (just over a ton, plus the VAT) is very short - I think 150mm - so you'll probably need the mesh extension - Omega code 034ST01, Cousins' code x21917. To fit it you'll need a 20mm spring bar that fits through the mesh - Cousins' unbranded 1.8x20mm is fine. I believe all the Omega mesh bracelets taper to 20mm at the clasp so the same extender fits them all. 150mm bracelet plus 17mm extender plus 44mm between the springbars on the Speedy gives me total 'girth' of 211mm, so with my 7 3/4in wrist I have the microadjuster on the clasp set one notch in for a loose-ish fit. Enjoy.

Speedy looks good - but I'm not a huge fan of the 2254 on Mesh.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by 2wrists
    It's the 1380/237 20mm mesh bracelet. Cousins' search facility can be a bit 'idiosyncratic' but if you search for their product code x21261 you'll find it - Ģ11 or so, plus tax.
    Must be a digit missing. It should be more like Ģ110 or so. Actuall, Ģ123 when I looked.

Lovely bracelet. I can't decide whether I'll get one or not. A bit pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by ketiljo
    It's the 1380/237 20mm mesh bracelet. Cousins' search facility can be a bit 'idiosyncratic' but if you search for their product code x21261 you'll find it - Ģ11 or so, plus tax.
    Must be a digit missing. It should be more like Ģ110 or so. Actuall, Ģ123 when I looked.

Lovely bracelet. I can't decide whether I'll get one or not. A bit pricey.
    Well, it was Ģ109 ex VAT yesterday afternoon. Now Ģ123 :shock:

Sorry, meant to say that the extension is Ģ11 or so - I paid Ģ101 ex vat for the bracelet about ten days ago - quoted Ģ109 but got a surprise Ģ8 mystery discount when I checked out...

Is the higher price for a wider band? Product code for the 20mm is 020ST1380237 - I think the first '020' indicates 20mm lug width... just a thought.

Master

Looks good to me ... I'm undecided about adding a mesh to my Planet Ocean or if I should get the Black rubber with orange stitching to give the watch a makeover (and satisfy my itch to change something)

Have yet to see mesh in the flesh so could be an expensive change of mind ...

Well, based on the original post, I bought a mesh for my Speedmaster (which previously was on either an Omega deployment or a 70's style steel Speedie bracelet).

The photos on page 1 don't do the Speedie/mesh combination justice. The watch now looks far better, very '60's, and, as a bonus, the mesh is comfortable. I've got a fair number of Omegas, and I've never really been a big fan of their metal bracelets, as I find them a bit clunky, and for me at any rate, lack fine adjustment. This mesh one is a bit of a revelation. The fit is good and it's light (but not cheap and nasty light). I just hope it doesn't stretch too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk
    The photos on page 1 don't do the Speedie/mesh combination justice.
    Terribly sorry!

Master

It's the 1380/237 20mm mesh bracelet. Cousins' search facility can be a bit 'idiosyncratic' but if you search for their product code x21261 you'll find it - Ģ11 or so, plus tax. The bracelet itself (just over a ton, plus the VAT) is very short - I think 150mm - so you'll probably need the mesh extension - Omega code 034ST01, Cousins' code x21917. To fit it you'll need a 20mm spring bar that fits through the mesh - Cousins' unbranded 1.8x20mm is fine. I believe all the Omega mesh bracelets taper to 20mm at the clasp so the same extender fits them all. 150mm bracelet plus 17mm extender plus 44mm between the springbars on the Speedy gives me total 'girth' of 211mm, so with my 7 3/4in wrist I have the microadjuster on the clasp set one notch in for a loose-ish fit. Enjoy.
    Can I ask someone who has one of these to help with the type of spring bars I need to order from the cousins website.

Just being practical - can I order the same ones to attach the extension as to attach the strap to the lugs ... ??
    (I'll get the some extra)

Range Styles:
    Single Flange = Telescopic
    Double Flange = Telescopic
    Single Shoulder = Non Telescopic
    Double Shoulder = Telescopic
    Short Bead = for Bracelet Clasps
    Curved
    Female
    Universal

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk
    The photos on page 1 don't do the Speedie/mesh combination justice.
    Terribly sorry!
    Didn't mean to offend! There's nothing wrong with the photos, it's just that in the flesh it (the combination) looks so much better. IMHO.

As I said, if you hadn't posted the photos up, I wouldn't have bought a mesh in the first place, so thank you for doing it.

[quote=I a n]
    Quote Originally Posted by "MartynJC (UK)":378ohuuq

Can I ask someone who has one of these to help with the type of spring bars I need to order from the cousins website.

Just being practical - can I order the same ones to attach the extension as to attach the strap to the lugs ... ??

Range Styles:
    Single Flange = Telescopic
    Double Flange = Telescopic
    Single Shoulder = Non Telescopic
    Double Shoulder = Telescopic
    Short Bead = for Bracelet Clasps
    Curved
    Female
    Universal[/quote:378ohuuq]
    I just re-used the ones that were on mine - which look like the single flange telescopic.

The extension bit came with a springbar in it, although I ended up not using it as I have a smallish wrist and it fits fine without it.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Glover
    +1

The Speedy looks very good on mesh IMHO.

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Yep, great look!

Quote Originally Posted by I a n

Ian - I used Cousin's own 1.8x20mm double-flange on both the lugs and the extension. My extension didn't come with a springbar included. I have some original (I think) Omega ones which were slightly too fat to go through the mesh. Cousins' were less than a quid for 20, I think...

Incredible Sulk - ha ha, no real offence taken. I was quite pleased I'd managed to get them in focus... Glad they inspired your purchase. I used to work in Teddington, had a few too many fry-ups in Diner's Delight, and a few too many burgers in Shambles, and a few too many pints in the Anglers...

I had my Bond Seamaster on the mesh for a couple of weeks, have now gone back to the original. The Speedie definately looks best on the mesh other than the Ploprof which it was designed for IMHO.

sorry to butt in,but anyone know the code for the 24mm mesh please?

The Mesh Strap is class!!!
    Think I prefer the Speedie on it!!
    Great pics........