closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sooo many beautiful watches!!!

Banned

Sooo many beautiful watches!!!

Okay, since recently I have 25 posts on this Forum which means that I am now able to glimpse into the sales corner. :shock: And wow, I have to admit I am amazed by the sheer amount and quality of the watches that are being offered.

I am currently looking for a new watch and have seen a number of nice Breitlings as well as Rolexes at stunning prices (Unfortunately I just missed the explorer 2 white dial today otherwise I'd have made a run for that one!! however there is also a nice Beitling listed that I really fancy) however I am wondering, since I am still fairly new to this forum, is it acceptable for a newbie like me to contact sellers via PM (I am not allowed to post replies yet) or is this still a 'not done' until I have 50+ posts?

Cheers,

Marc

Craftsman

Re: Sooo many beautiful watches!!!

Im sure as long as your polite it would be fine. You may find a bit of hesitance on high end deals since your new and have no feedback in H & V forum but patience and a few deals will soon change that.I can recommend a very nice TAG Monaco Gulf Lim Ed thats up just now. Nicer than any Rolex heh heh

Niall

Master

I can't see anything wrong with a PM.

These things are always down to how you are perceived by other members in your comms & conduct regardless of post count. If one acts like an arse one is treated accordingly, but act with mutual respect and the world opens itself up to you. At least that has been my (very pleasant) experience.

Banned

Thanks for your positive replies!!

And yes, I've seen the Tag and am a fan of Steve McQueen however I still prefer a nice Breitling or Rolex over it .

I'm in the same position. still quite new - loads of lovely watches on SC, just wish i had the funds for them!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by PeterM
    I can't see anything wrong with a PM.

These things are always down to how you are perceived by other members in your comms & conduct regardless of post count. If one acts like an arse one is treated accordingly, but act with mutual respect and the world opens itself up to you. At least that has been my (very pleasant) experience.
    I agree. We were all new once after all... I recall being more nervous as a buyer, and did my first one or two face to face, but generally people are very decent however you deal.

Quote Originally Posted by XXoF
    ! however there is also a nice Beitling listed that I really fancy) however I am wondering, since I am still fairly new to this forum, is it acceptable for a newbie like me to contact sellers via PM (I am not allowed to post replies yet) or is this still a 'not done' until I have 50+ posts?
    I joined when you could see Sales Corner at 0, but only post at 50. I made my first purchase before my first post. Naughty me ;-)

Best wishes
    James

It is, as all have said, a matter of courtesy and respect.

Quote Originally Posted by jd
    I agree. We were all new once after all... I recall being more nervous as a buyer, and did my first one or two face to face, but generally people are very decent however you deal.
    You are so right about the first few transactions - I was initially nervous about sending money to a stranger - but I have never had anything but a great experience in all my trades / purchases on here. I guess you can tell how rare they are by how much attention they get when anything goes wrong - it's like a bomb has exploded :-)