closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 push ups

100 push ups

Well down loaded this new app for my iphone which claims that following this regime will get you doing 100 poush ups by the end of a 6 week training period... i have completed week 1 and must say that my number of pushups have imporved significantly.. will see if i make 100 though :lol: :lol:
    worth checking out the website though..
    http://hundredpushups.com/

iphone app gives you a new training regime every day aswell as a graphical representation of your progress.

Anyone else used this app? and has anyone got to the magic 100?

Re: 100 push ups

I've just bought it so i'll let you know how I get on.

Chris

I do 100 every morning!

:naka:

Just before i wake up :lol:

After a six month break from training I can say you lose quite a lot of form if you don't keep at it. :wink: Would struggle to do half that at the moment.

Good luck

I've done this (not on the iphone, using the site) it's a cracking training schedule you quickly feel the improvement. I did struggle a bit on week 4 so I held back and did it again. Managed 100 at the end easy.

There are also 200 situps and 100 squats sites which use similar training methods. I keep meaning to give them a whirl.

Stick with it and don't be afraid of redoing a week, it's really worth it.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by omegaUK
    Well down loaded this new app for my iphone which claims that following this regime will get you doing 100 poush ups by the end of a 6 week training period... i have completed week 1 and must say that my number of pushups have imporved significantly.. will see if i make 100 though :lol: :lol:

iphone app gives you a new training regime every day aswell as a graphical representation of your progress.

How many could you do before you started?

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson
    Quote Originally Posted by omegaUK

How many could you do before you started?
    That's part of the program...you do an initial test of how many you can do now, that then determines the regime you follow to hit 100. I've seen this before and started it but then gave up too easily . You've just reminded me to get off my lazy arse and get into it again. Thanks. :)

I got this app not so long ago and did it for a couple of weeks before life got in the way again. But I was quite surprised as to how much difference it made in the two weeks I was following it.

I won't say what my initial score was, but it was fewer than the number of hours on most of my watches.

The schedule looks initially to be quite punishing and severe, but it was actually not too bad.

Maybe I'll start again, it only took a few minutes every other day or something.
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

That looks like quite a good starter for me to try and lose some of the lard that has accumulated on my bod since I got married. Maybe it might even encourage a Mars or two fewer a day!

Think I might give this a go, along with the squats and situps!

I'll let you know...

Master

Thanks for posting this...............good spring activity to start this years pain.

:)

B

Craftsman

I doubt you'll lose any weight doing pushups. More likely to injure yourself :lol:

I can already do 100 press ups in one go , is that what you have to work towards? But I am still knackered afterwards

I tend to stick to sets of 25 reps, but you have to be careful you do not over do it as you can do some damage, I did when i was younger, took a while to recover.

So be careful.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72
    I can already do 100 press ups in one go , is that what you have to work towards? But I am still knackered afterwards

I tend to stick to sets of 25 reps, but you have to be careful you do not over do it as you can do some damage, I did when i was younger, took a while to recover.

So be careful.
    Don't you mean in 100 goes!. :roll:

I find i can do more when the wife is underneath :lol:

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    Mmmmmm, 2 mins to do 100 push ups, thats good :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by cpys11688

So be careful.
    Don't you mean in 100 goes!. :roll:
    Sorry just reread what I wrote, I meant I can do 100 pushup's one by one until I reach 100. I was trying to say be careful you do not injure yourself, as i have in the past. :|

but it maybe has not come accross this way, I think i should gone with my first instinct and not posted on this thread.

Oh well, never mind.

There are some good App's on the Iphone, this one sounds cool.

you have to be careful you do not over do it as you can do some damage, I did when i was younger, took a while to recover.
    I did just that when following the hundredpushups.com about a year ago, took close to 6 month before I was back good as before.

Master

thanks for the link - I want to try the 200 sit up ( crunchies really ), program - as it builds up your core strength which is supposed to be invaluable for improving your cycling ( going uphill especially),
    don't want to do loads of push ups as do not want to get too bulky chest etc..
    cheers,

Is this 100 in one go? If so that's a lot in one go.

I weight train and use push ups as a secondary exercise. I stick to reps of 20 but I go 20 sets. So 400, I did these 5 days a week, but be careful as mentioned though, it is a lot of work for one muscle group and shoulders will more than likely pack up shop.

Oh and mentioned above if you are serious about push ups you will notice a large gain on your chest, some think it looks stupid, but what do they know :D

Chris

Master

look like good programs on this site...can be done at home too which is excellent. will start today. just did the squat test and reached 40 easily doing the good technique. gym must be paying off. Must be careful with dodgy knees.

When you complete the 100, you can try going for one arm pushups. Or pushups with your legs raised off of the floor!

Lots of fun to be had with bodyweight exercises!

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendish
    When you complete the 100, you can try going for one arm pushups. Or pushups with your legs raised off of the floor!
    Yeah (nods knowingly) I can do loads of them...it was the levitation bit that took a while to master. :wink:

Lo
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletmagnet
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiendish
    Yeah (nods knowingly) I can do loads of them...it was the levitation bit that took a while to master. :wink:
    LOL yes that must have been tough. For us mere mortals we have use a char/stairs!

On the topic of working out I want to recommend http://www.brassringfitness.com/ and doing the 12 week "boot camp" (free) that will leave you doing plenty of pushups and more. Highly recommended!

I would struggle to do 10 at the moment let alone 100

well i have started week 2 of this programme.. started with <5 pushups initially and now am upto around 12.. doubt i will get to 100 in 6 weeks.. but you can redo a week so i suspect will take a little longer... all a bit sad really given i used to go to gym 3x week 2 yrs ago and could do 30 without a problem.. but am 15kg heavier these days :lol: :lol: :lol:

excellent site, cheers

andy

Craftsman

Thanks for that link! I just started yesterday :)

Have to say that it's much more exhausting than I thougth! I use to do some push ups almost every day but I always stick to 20. Thought that some initial, say, 60 should easily be possible, but at 50 I fell on my belly. Anyway, I'll keep you informed!

Cheers,

Andreas

Craftsman

i liked the sound of that challenge and am on the first week now.

of course i thought the other 2 sounded good too, so i'm doing all 3 :twisted:

I can throughly recommend CTCRM at Lympston, when we were younger my best friend joined the Royal Marines and within a short space of time he could do several hundred press ups. :D

A good few years down the line he can still knock out around 150 at the drop of a hat.

However, it's been about 3 or 4 years since I saw the inside of a gym, and I still don't really have the time. This is something I can do at home, sounds good and I just downloaded the app, thanks!

Looks like a pretty cool program. I'd currently get about 30-40 in one go, 100 sounds like a real challenge. The great thing about it is you can easily do it at home, no need to go to the gym...!

Just did the 1st test. Off to A&E for a new heart!

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"

I was inspired by the OP's post, and decided that day to take up the challange.

I am happy to announce that I have just completed my 100th push-up, in less that the 6-week training period.

Glad that's over with....

Got the iphone app yesterday, managed 10 in the test and then did day 1 and I am aching so much I am going to struggle to hold my pint tonight now.

Hi all

Inspired like a number of others here and completed the magic 100 push ups yesterday.!

I did need a 7th week to do some longer sets before I reached 100, they were:

Day one: 50 x 50 x 50

Day two: 75

Day three: 90

Day four: 105 :D

Thanks
    deano

Just found this, exactly what I need. Will report back in 6 weeks after push up and sit up routine.

Regards
    Chris

Week 4 day 3 tomorrow, last set was 74 with the breaks so it's going OK so far but I don't think in 2 weeks or 6 more sessions i'll be able to do 100 without a break.

Chris

I bought this a few months ago, but didn't complete it - started doing some other training a bit more. I think I was up to around 43.

The 20 chin ups one would be the hard one for me, being a lanky fat git with a dodgy elbow.

Might roll out the push-ups one again, give it another go.

:D

Grand Master

And even more with someone elses wife underneath
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by davidcbull
    I got this app not so long ago and did it for a couple of weeks before life got in the way again. But I was quite surprised as to how much difference it made in the two weeks I was following it.

I won't say what my initial score was, but it was fewer than the number of hours on most of my watches.

The schedule looks initially to be quite punishing and severe, but it was actually not too bad.

Maybe I'll start again, it only took a few minutes every other day or something.

Me too! Funny how life has a habit of doing that very thing!!!
    Starting tomorrow, I'm going to five it another go. Might even do one of the othe programmes on the alternate days!!!

Funny this should be mentioned, as I have been doing this (albeit without the app) for the past few months.

I started out being able to 8 :lol:

I can now do 120 and it has made a real difference :D

One of the only things I have really stuck to in terms of exercise, and the most important really as my upper body strength was that of a young girl :D

Quote Originally Posted by deano42
    Hi all

Inspired like a number of others here and completed the magic 100 push ups yesterday.!

I did need a 7th week to do some longer sets before I reached 100, they were:

Day one: 50 x 50 x 50

Day two: 75

Day three: 90

Day four: 105 :D

Thanks
    deano
    Well? Do you now give Arnie a run for his money? Have you gone up a notch on your watch strap?

What benefits do you think you got from the process then?
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

Thanks to the OP for the info. I'm have had an on again off again push up regimen over the years. Fortunately I'm able to build it up fairly quickly once I get going. I like the structure offered by this program.

Been meaning to get back into this - found it easy to get going first time round - but a broken hand kinda put me back to scratch.

Last night I completed week 4, I now have to do a strength test in a day or two which I'm not looking forward to.

For those who have past 4 weeks, did you do the push-ups test with no stops, and how many did you get to before you had to give in?

Chris

Master

have lapsed a bit with the pushups...doing the squats more often. tonight did 30 mins spinning...not too bad as have been rowing lots. must keep up with the pushups..

I managed one without an app or wife

next week gonna try 2