closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: This weeks incomer!

This weeks incomer!

This will undoubtedly be a love or loathe watch;

For me its definately a case of love;

Came off sc courtesy of Keith and its(IMO)a cracker ,Pam 86 with an anthracite dial,certainly not your usual Pam ,great watch though,
    Been alot of talk recently about Panerai's and Pam homages;

Heres a Davidsen pvd ,picked this up off sc,good quality watch but in no way whatsoever could you compare to an original pam,its a great way to get that big watch feeling,without the big bucks,eta movement,sapphire crystal,so its at the upper end of the homage market and the lume is pretty impressive,
    Comparison of the two

Finally all three together

Re: This weeks incomer!

Very nice, like the anthracite dial too - looks great. Nice collection you have!

Quote Originally Posted by melhick
    This will undoubtedly be a love or loathe watch;
    Do a poll!

Very nice, a friend of mine has one of those. You don't see them very often so a good choice.

How cool is that ,I've had more pm's offering to buy the Davidsen homage watch,than comments about the Pam86 :lol: :lol: :lol:

How cool is that ,I've had more pm's offering to buy the Davidsen homage watch,than comments about the Pam86 :lol: :lol: :lol:
    It's my pick of the three to be honest.
    Add me to the list of buyers. :)

Quote Originally Posted by captainhowdy
    It's my pick of the three to be honest.
    Add me to the list of buyers. :)
    Funny :lol: :lol:

Very nice Mel, congratulations 8). That explains the SC activity!

Don't worry, I don't want to buy it - but it is the nicest looking :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by RTH
    Don't worry, I don't want to buy it - but it is the nicest looking :lol:
    Just a little too plain for me,it is a great watch though,and indeed a bargain buy,considering at least 5k for the real deal :shock:
    I would say that is true for most members who arn't in to Panerai's,the pvd finish is certainly eyecatching,Like I said there will be a lot more people who don't like the 86 than who do ,Panerai's have that effect

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe
    Very nice Mel, congratulations 8). That explains the SC activity!
    Cheers Chris,there will be one or two more on the block later,as the collection will be getting a lot smaller :!:

That's very, very nice...but why do they insist on putting those little cyclops on the PAM's with dates? I kind of like the cyclops on some Rolexes (particularly the Exp II), but they look completely out of proportion on a PAM case imo.

Congrats though, fantastic piece - especially love the dial.

Never really noticed the cyclops,so can't say as it bothers me at all really :!:

Never really noticed the cyclops,so can't say as it bothers me at all really :!:
    Obviously not out of proportion then! :lol: :wink:

nice. I'm not panerais biggest fan but still looks like a quality piece.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerMagician
    Obviously not out of proportion then! :lol: :wink:
    :lol:Sorry mean't that I hadn't noticed it was out of proportion(not that it wasn't there!)Not really a fan of cyclops on any watch,including Rolex,so would say the smaller cyclops on Panerai watches is slightly more bearable,although I certainly prefer the no cyclops 233 and 312,the 233 being a grail watch for me :wink:

Very nice - not my pick of the Panerai range - but still wouldn't say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones
    Very nice - not my pick of the Panerai range - but still wouldn't say no.

Undoubtedly its not mainstream and not everyones choice,probably thats why I like it so much :!:

Craftsman

I love it, that's a fine set of panerai's, i love 114 that's next on my wish, if you see any nice used example's for sale
    please let me know! :P

Love the cyclops. Same size as on a AP. Makes the watch look bigger.

i like that 86 i tried one on a couple of weeks ago at blowers,that davidson is rather nice too!

Quote Originally Posted by chaplad
    i like that 86 i tried one on a couple of weeks ago at blowers,that davidson is rather nice too!
    Yep seen the one at Blowers,this one came from there aswell originally,Davidsen is indeed a very popular watch,although the quality of it isn't quite as good as a lot of members would like to think it is,its really quite a basic homage:!:

Quote Originally Posted by cannondale
    I love it, that's a fine set of panerai's, i love 114 that's next on my wish, if you see any nice used example's for sale
    please let me know! :P
    Will keep a look out,been one of my favourites for quite a while,the white dial is quite unusual for a pam :!: