closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baldness

baldness

mid thirties and it's going, hardly the end of the world. is this just one of those things or are there solutions? I'm not really too bothered if there isn't but, I look a little better with hair and figured some one else must have wondered about this too. cheers in advance

Master

Re: baldness

just one of those things mate

happened me in my mid twenties so count yer blessings

just shave it all, dont be one of those guys that trys to hang on :D

There is a treatment of sorts depending on the type of baldness but it's expensive and needs constant top ups. Hair growth not guaranteed.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    There is a treatment of sorts depending on the type of baldness but it's expensive and needs constant top ups. .

WIGS.. :D :D :D

sorry.

AFAIK it's just one of those things. I've heard that the state of your grandfathers hair - the father of your mother, not of your father - is a good clue as to how you're likely to go. Having said that, I started receding in my 30's too, but my brother is late 40's and still a full head of hair, albeit getting quite grey!

Certainly nothing to worry about IMO, just laugh at any sarcastic comments, it's not like you've chosen it - nor can do much about it.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Take it from me, baldness is better than having hair. Shave that bonce now ......or THIS could be you.............. :D
    F.T.F.A.

Any further south and i would have wet feet

It happens....mine started to go mid twenties.
    Don't try and cover it up or anything-just looks stupid-and don't waste money on hair treatments.
    Go to the barbers and get a number 2 (or even 1) and you'll soon get used to it.
    All you have to remember then is (a) summer-sun cream and a baseball cap (b) winter- wooly hat

Master

Quote Originally Posted by village
    Don't try and cover it up or anything-just looks stupid-and don't waste money on hair treatments.
    Go to the barbers and get a number 2 (or even 1) and you'll soon get used to it.
    All you have to remember then is (a) summer-sun cream and a baseball cap (b) winter- wooly hat
    this man talks sense :)

Jeez you guys :D

The man said he didn't like being bald and you're all telling him to shave off what hair he's got left :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by media_mute
    are there solutions?
    Depending on the type and stage of alopecia, Minoxidil treatments may make a difference. Perhaps you ought to consult a dermatologist instead of a bunch of watch geeks :P

Cheers

Stern

This is what I did - if you have no.2 once a month you'll soon get used to it. Plus it makes the tool watch on your arm look better! (Helps if you work out a little as well! :D )

Not a lot you can do about male pattern baldness TBH but cutting the hair regularly does seem to slow it down as does keeping your head clean.

baldy aldfort!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by aldfort
    This is what I did - if you have no.2 once a month you'll soon get used to it. Plus it makes the tool watch on your arm look better! (Helps if you work out a little as well! :D )

Not a lot you can do about male pattern baldness TBH but cutting the hair regularly does seem to slow it down as does keeping your head clean.

baldy aldfort!
    Number 2? Bloody hippies!! :D

Number 1 at a push, better to ditch the guide combs altogether and go for a number 0. Also, buy some clippers, do it yourself and save a fortune. Add that to what you save on shampoo and you'll be rich before you know it. :lol:

D.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Finasteride (Propecia) or Dutasteride (Avodart) really help but in order to keep your hair you need to take a small pill every or every second day depending on dosis. A friend of mine suffered from male pattern baldness and he uses it since 1999. Finasteride did not only stop his hairloss but it also helped to regrow a certain amount of hair. Finasteride seems to work on over 80 % of men under 40 that suffer from male pattern baldness.

For further info you should consult a doctor.

Banned

mid thirties and it's going, hardly the end of the world.
    oh yes it is pal, end of your shagging days anyway. oh and look out for the wifes wandering eyes

As human beings don't need hair on their heads, you are leading the evolutionary 'arms race' which also why intelligent women find bald blokes attractive.
    or something...

In all honesty, I wouldn't have hair if I could now, it's just a pain. Mine irritates me if I let it get more than about 1mm long. I started going in my early twenties- Jim Robinson Island (the bit at the front all alone, just watch early 'Neighbours'), the lot... Off it came. Get some clippers, shave your head and get on with your life. But buy some hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    As human beings don't need hair on their heads, you are leading the evolutionary 'arms race' which also why intelligent women find bald blokes attractive.
    or something...

In all honesty, I wouldn't have hair if I could now, it's just a pain. Mine irritates me if I let it get more than about 1mm long. I started going in my early twenties- Jim Robinson Island (the bit at the front all alone, just watch early 'Neighbours'), the lot... Off it came. Get some clippers, shave your head and get on with your life. But buy some hats.
    A Tilley T3 is my weapon of choice in the summer. At this time of year I pop up the hood of my RAB Ultimate downy.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmerjammer
    oh yes it is pal, end of your shagging days anyway. oh and look out for the wifes wandering eyes
    LOL !! :D

As mentioned, buzz it all over, the ladies love it :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry

Indeed they do. A smooth head can glide around effortlessly twixt parted thighs! :D
    F.T.F.A.

mid thirties and it's going, hardly the end of the world. is this just one of those things or are there solutions? I'm not really too bothered if there isn't but, I look a little better with hair and figured some one else must have wondered about this too. cheers in advance
    Try Boots the Chemist .. they have a brochure ref their treatment ... http://www.boots.com/en/Pharmacy-Health ... Programme/

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by magirus
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry

Indeed they do. A smooth head can glide around effortlessly twixt parted thighs! :D

:shock: :shock: :D :D

Hence I go for a weekly DIY zero cut (saved myself a fortune in haircuts and no boring conversations - result ). PS and the girls really do love it

Andy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I started losing mine at 16 so I've had a long time to get used to it.
    The advice about keeping it short works for me - no faffing about in front of the mirror or worrying about helmet/hat hair, and no dodgy comb-overs :)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gasgasbones
    i,m sure i,ve seen him in members hijacked how old are you post :? :mrgreen:

Master

Get some clippers and buzz it yourself.

Saves a shit load of money.

Rob.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rob (NZ)
    Get some clippers and buzz it yourself.

Saves a shit load of money.

Rob.
    or do what i did and marry a hairdresser!

regards

tim

Ive got hardly any left and you could tell I was gonna be a baldy even in my late teens. I guess the older you loose it the more of a shock it is, my advice chill out and accept it nothing worse than trying to hide it. AND I KNOW for certain the best hair cut for a balding man is the BUZZ CUT. Get some clippers and save some money. And get some snazzy beanies for the colder months :D

Master

yep started in late teens for me, 1-3 mm buzzcut is the way forward. ironically my beard grows like crazy, keeping it all at same length works for a good look. i guess the later it happens the more difficult it is to handle and to accept... me i couldnt care less anymore.

1) don't grow a goatee
    2) have lots of sex

when I was like 17 and witha receeding hairline my mom took me to a doctor,
    he told that as long as my penis was working properly, that was not an issue.
    he said, hey, you are a man, that's how men are.

best doctor visit I ever heard

as a bald man I can say that as long as the baldness looks "clean" than it's good.

more tips on ask men
    ciao

Craftsman

I looked in the mirror today
    My eyes just didn't seem so bright
    I've lost a few more hairs
    I think I'm going bald
    They don't write em like that no more...

Started to recede a couple of years back lobed the lot off, and if I'm honest i wished i had done it years back.

Fella,

Your screwed i tell ya!, used to be a serial shagger in my youth, used to fend the ladies off all the time, hair started receding so i shaved it off....

Bam........never got a chance again, partner done a bunk and now i have to hang around gay bars hopeing to catch a nice fella's eye.

Blue oyster bar anyone???.

Only joking, you'll be alright. :D

Master
    Blog Entries

:shock: :lol: Mr Dreamboat!

I've had 3 bouts of alopecia in the last 7 years so I just razor off what's left when ever it comes back!
    I've got to be honest it really dosent bother me at all and cant understand why anyone would want to wear a syrup or got through that pain of a hair transplant.. :roll:
    Takes a bit of getting used to in the Winter though. What I saved in shampoo I've spent on woolie hats!

My ex g/f Liz has alopecia and has lost much of her hair but her hair looks fine . She spends £2000 every few months on hair weaves and nobody would ever know just how severe her problem is. She has male pattern baldness and has seen several top trichologists but there is no cure for her type of hair loss. Her sister has the same problem but in less severe form - they both work in medical professions and are very aware of all the 'cures' .

dunk

Stop using that 'Wash & Go' shampoo :D

Rod

Quote Originally Posted by sundial
    My ex g/f Liz has alopecia and has lost much of her hair but her hair looks fine . She spends £2000 every few months on hair weaves and nobody would ever know just how severe her problem is. She has male pattern baldness and has seen several top trichologists but there is no cure for her type of hair loss. Her sister has the same problem but in less severe form - they both work in medical professions and are very aware of all the 'cures' .

dunk
    I really feel for any woman who's had alopecia.
    I've been lucky that mine grew back everytime (so far..), my bonce would get dry and whenever I could be bothered I'd apply almond oil as a moisturiser and pretty soon afterward I'd start to see new hair growth. I'm not suggesting it's a miracle cure but from what I understand of my type of alopecia letting my scalp get dry wasn't encouraging the follicles to grow.
    Silica is good for thickening up what you have left but it turns my skin to parchment!

Daft thing is, it's grown back but I still shave it off! :roll:

dunk

:shock: :shock: :shock: - I would have thought a wiggy might have been more cost effective.

Andy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg

dunk

:shock: :shock: :shock: - I would have thought a wiggy might have been more cost effective.

Andy
    As long as she can afford the weaves she will continue with them . Wigs are a last resort when ££matters dictate .

dunk

Apprentice

I don't know if its just me but i find bald women very horny !

My bro's hair started going after he reached 20.....worried it might happen to me too soon.

Journeyman

Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder not the holder.......if we could see ourselves as others see us and all that. My pate is thin but I can't see it so wtf. Faint heart never won no ladies, persistance is the key, and as for other considerations just be sincere, hard working with a sense of humour and robert will be your sisters mothers brother. Keep it short, though you don't have to do the savage baldy everything off touch, imho. Regards Joe

Master

Buy a hair trimmer and keep it short..........................It's the way ahead!

Who's gonna start a 'Show us ya hair trimmer(s)' thread :?: :roll: :wink:

dunk

Who's gonna start a 'Show us ya hair trimmer(s)' thread :?: :roll: :wink:

dunk
    Here's mine :lol:

Blog Entries

women love bald men fact :wink:
    its the grant and phil affect :lol:

Craftsman

Hairs for GIRLS!

Grand Master

I`m 52 and mines going at the front. Best option is to keep it cut short. Avoid any type of comb-over or forward-brushing to disguise it because you'll end up looking like a twat.

I didn`t expect mine to recede because my dad's didn`t; he had a good head of hair at 82 when he died. However, my grandad on mum's side lost his so I guess that's where I`ve inherited mine from.

Can`t say I`m worried about losing hair but I don`t want to end up with a tuft at the front.

Paul

Master

Sorry to rekindle an old thread but it all relivent.
    I recently went for an appointment at the Advanced hair Studio as im thinning at the crown and yes i'm very concious of it, and i'm not ready to start shaving it yet unless i really have too.
    I'm 32 btw.
    The quote i got was £1500 :shock: after a brief discussion they knocked it down to £1200, still too much imo.
    i'm in the early stages of trying a pill and foam stuff that rubs onto the effected area, "should" see results in 2 months as mine is really very slight. so I will report back back if its a success or not.
    It would appear that the pill and foam is what the AHS offers only they also do the laser treatment so hopefully I should see some results at a fraction of the cost.

i guess its each to their own, some people will think i'm mad/vain etc but its how e feel, i like having hair at least for another 20 years anyway :lol:

Master

Don't fret about it. I did for awhile. Tried the treatments, but always felt silly doing it. Didn't do much good anyway. I'd say start with a #2 and work your way down. Then you too can do the Dr Evil pose. :lol:

Cheers,
    Bruce

^
    You're just slightly receding; not even remotely bald. :(

What's the watch?