closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fit the best - EVEREST.... what is he wearing?

Fit the best - EVEREST.... what is he wearing?

Well
    This is getting geeky now....
    My GF asks every time she sees anybody on tv "what's that watch he has on?"
    LOL
    I can't even get a decent look at it.
    It's a test for sure - it may be some crappy thing - who knows?

Re: Fit the best - EVEREST.... what is he wearing?

Tell her 'wateva' ... she is not going to know any better. :P

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

Its the other way round in my house

When I'm watching TV with my family and I see a decent watch on show I usually proclaim e.g. 'Thats an Omega Railmaster xl' and give them approximate retail value - It bores the tits off them but it makes me do it all the more :lol:

Journeyman

Haha my gf does this too! :D Always when we watch movies and the zoom and there's a watch on the screen she asks me what watch it was. She gets scared sometime when I tell her the ref-number of the watch :roll:

Master

it's an illness for sure! I caught a bit of The Professionals at lunchtime and saw Bodie with his new Heuer ana/digi and Cowley with an IWC Porsche Design-very nice too; don't know what the story was about though :lol:

Craftsman

Not seen the Everest ad, but the Top Gear crew are always worth looking out for :) I was watching the James May Toy Story programme about Hornby the other day and noticed he was wearing a Railmaster XL at one stage, which I thought was appropriate! He had something completely different later in the programme though. Some shiny black rectangular thing - maybe a Junghans or perhaps a JLC?

Quote Originally Posted by snowy
    I was watching the James May Toy Story programme about Hornby the other day and noticed he was wearing a Railmaster XL at one stage, which I thought was appropriate! He had something completely different later in the programme though. Some shiny black rectangular thing - maybe a Junghans or perhaps a JLC?
    I think it's a Rado ceramic. He's worn it on TG and other programmes.
    Funnily enough my wife also asks 'what watch is that' if there's a close up on telly!

Master

Ive noticed that James may has got quite a few nice watches, 2 different Rado's, 2 or 3 Omega's, one is a PO and one is the huge Railmaster.
    The hamster hammond has a Rolex and that Jeremy Clarkson has quite a collection of Omega's that ive noticed.
    It seems most blokes into cars have tasty watches too, the guys from fifth gear have nice big chunky watches on!

Craftsman

I used to like Omega Planet Oceans until I noticed the twats from fifth gear wearing them... :D

My Wife asks the wame question sometimes as well. I remain polite and do my best to answer her :)

So I'm not alone then? :D I'm always doing that when watching TV with the wife, she gives me that look normally reserved for kids when speaking about their PS3 or Xbox!

I seem to remember the last Everest TV ad I saw, Ted Moult was sporting a bling'd up Breitling :D

Quote Originally Posted by dogpuf

When I'm watching TV with my family and I see a decent watch on show I usually proclaim e.g. 'Thats an Omega Railmaster xl' and give them approximate retail value - It bores the tits off them but it makes me do it all the more :lol:

The long winter evenings must simply fly by!

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

I'm going to get roasted for this....

Ivana Trump is currently wearing a bi-metal Submariner on Celebrity Big Brother :D

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point

Regards

Ian
    Ploppy, Son of Ploppy :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    I'm going to get roasted for this....

Ivana Trump is currently wearing a bi-metal Submariner on Celebrity Big Brother :D
    Ive also noticed that Trinny Woodall has the same Rolex as me, So does that small bold cockney guy on the telly, called Dom I think.
    P.S.
    Trinny would get it :lol:

I watched The taking of Pelham 123 on the plane the other week - annoyed my manager by telling him that John Travolta's Breitling kept swapping between a white & black dialed version....... think it may have been a chrono at one point too!!

Mr gf is a good one also... we were looking in a watch shop window in london at the weekend when the gf piped up and said "that's the watch that they all wear on NCIS!" - Omega PO. At least she taken an interest and was she was 100% correct. I had been doing the same watch spotting whilst she was watching the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W
    I watched The taking of Pelham 123 on the plane the other week - annoyed my manager by telling him that John Travolta's Breitling kept swapping between a white & black dialed version....... think it may have been a chrono at one point too!!
    Denzel Washington has on a Ball Watch, a Cleveland Express I think.

Once again, Denzel plays the Black guy in the movie :D

Well his does get paid by them - so I guess a little hidden product placement goes with the role.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by captainhowdy
    Denzel Washington has on a Ball Watch, a Cleveland Express I think.

Once again, Denzel plays the Black guy in the movie :D
    Do you think he's in danger of becoming typecast?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Tell her they are wearing an "XYZ" and that is cost £18k that way what ever you want to buy next time you'll be able to say it's much cheaper than the one you saw on telly the other night.,

Craftsman

Wow, I thought that it was only me that spotted what people wear on TV!!!! :lol:

My other half often asks me "what watch is that" when we watch films etc. I am trying to work out if she:

a) genuinely testing my knowledge
    b) possibly interested
    c) (and most likely) trying to guage my interest in the model to see how much money I am going to be spending next!!!

Master

.......and here's me thinking that the title of this thread was all about the particular Rolex sherpa Tenzing was wearing at the summit!!!

Journeyman

A nice site is http://watchesinmovies.info/ if you need a little bit more info about watches in movies. Everest isn´t listed yet. The only watch I noticed in Pelham 123 was the JLC Master from the mayor:

http://watchesinmovies.info/movies/taki ... -the-2009/

Pelham has some class shots of watches - i evevn bought the Colt, but had o change it as i couldnt really get on with a white face (something Denzil struggles with too in the film )

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point

Regards

Ian
    :D

Craftsman

My wife never asks me...but I always tell her anyway. She really likes it, especially when we are the cinema ...NOT :lol:

LOL.....you know you are in too deep when you start squinting to catch a glimpse of who is wearing what.

You are now well and truly in the club! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by devonpete
    Wow, I thought that it was only me that spotted what people wear on TV!!!! :lol:
    WIS - your not alone on that one!! Annoy my wife on many occasion thats to the techology of sky+ in pausing and rewinding to get a better glimpse of any watches!
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

I also bore the tits off my wife when a decent watch gets a bit part!

"Oh look dear"! I cry "That's a........ he's wearing, nice watch!" to which she replies

"Oh.......right....and isn't that other bloke wearing the one you used to have before you sold it to buy the one that guy was wearing on TV last night"!!!

"No" I respond..."Your thinking of the watch being worn on that film last month where I said I wanted it but changed my mind and bought one I saw on that sit com the other day"

"Oh" she replies "I know the one you mean, the one you said was a definate keeper and would never sell?"

"Oh no your thinking of the one I flogged last month" I say, after which she gets scared, rolls her eyes and tries to ignore me....

You ougth to come round, it's a great night for all!