closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry I've been away

Re: Sorry I've been away

Frankly, I don't give a toss about anyone's sexuality; this is a watch forum and AFAIK all watch enthusiasts are welcome.

Vicky (or Victoria) has discussed watches on here, whereas there are a few who seem to have no interest in timepieces, instead they merely use the forum for making contentious posts about anything other than the core reason for TZ-UK.

And I think making abusive or derogatory posts about someone's appearance reflects more on the poster than the recipient.

My 2p. :wink:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy
    Frankly, I don't give a toss about anyone's sexuality; this is a watch forum and AFAIK all watch enthusiasts are welcome.

Vicky (or Victoria) has discussed watches on here, whereas there are a few who seem to have no interest in timepieces, instead they merely use the forum for making contentious posts about anything other than the core reason for TZ-UK.

And I think making abusive or derogatory posts about someone's appearance reflects more on the poster than the recipient.

R
    +1 the first sensible post for several pages

Master

Quote Originally Posted by omegaUK

R
    I agree. It's a watch forum not a dating site. Bit childish to point and make fun of someone that's come on here to take the time to be polite and post about their interest of watches.

+1 the first sensible post for several pages

R
    Thanks for your 2p, but I somehow think you have missed the point. I don't think anyone should object to a persons sexuality, and I don't think this has happened here.
    It looks to me, just as has been the case on SC recently, where people either present an item, or themself as something it\they are not. And our TZ crew have once again spotted another fake, this time one made of silicon, it's as simple as that, to my mind there is nothing wrong with that at all. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by captainhowdy

R
    Thanks for your 2p, but I somehow think you have missed the point. I don't think anyone should object to a persons sexuality, and I don't think this has happened here.
    It looks to me, just as has been the case on SC recently, where people either present an item, or themself as something it\they are not. And our TZ crew have once again spotted another fake, this time one made of silicon, it's as simple as that, to my mind there is nothing wrong with that at all. :roll:
    Err sorry.. i think you missed the point here..the original poster victoria actually presented herself as someone who was born a different sex in one of her very first posts.. but then a number of members made some sexually innappopriate comments so the thread was tidied up by Eddie (presumably) and these posts including her post revealing her past were deleted...

Regarding your "fake" comment and "presenting themselves as something they are not".. victoria has been upfront all along, revealing her past etc.. so i think that these accusations of yours dont apply. Besides, if someone wants to talk about watches FFS, why do we need to know their background etc? she is well within her rights not to reveal her background..
    This is a watch site, so the background of an individual is irrelevant..Victoria has been making polite posts about watches so i dont see what the problem is?
    If she had been selling fakes or talking about fakes then that would be different :evil: :evil:

What (or whom) is being presented as something it (or they) is/are not?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master

It looks to me, just as has been the case on SC recently, where people either present an item, or themself as something it\they are not. And our TZ crew have once again spotted another fake, this time one made of silicon, it's as simple as that, to my mind there is nothing wrong with that at all.
    I've read a lot of rubbish on here recently, and unfortunately more and more of it is coming from you. In what way is this person a fake?

Regarding your "fake" comment and "presenting themselves as something they are not".. victoria has been upfront all along, revealing her past etc.. so i think that these accusations of yours dont apply. Besides, if someone wants to talk about watches FFS, why do we need to know their background etc? she is well within her rights not to reveal her background..
    This is a watch site, so the background of an individual is irrelevant..Victoria has been making polite posts about watches so i dont see what the problem is?
    If she had been selling fakes or talking about fakes then that would be different
    Exactly, and Ralphy's hit the nail on the head too. A lot of the posts in this thread are people congratulating themselves about doing a bit of web stalking to simply find out what Victoria has been up front about from the beginning and is a personal matter anyhow. Way to make yourselve's feel big and important guys :roll:

C'mon boys and girls, let's cap this before it gets any more nasty :wink:

It's good that members pay close attention to activity on the site, as it can stop the #1 problem of scammers looking to rip members off. We don't have moderators so "self-policing" is surely a good thing. I must say though, quotes of "bulling" or "pack-mentality" do nothing to help keep this amicable IMO.

It is now clear that information has disappeared which would have answered any suspicions, so those asking questions based purely on what can now be seen was justified - but as the picture is now very clear let's not wind this up any more eh.

Welcome again to Victoria, we have loads of characters here and very glad to have you aboard too :)

Quote Originally Posted by omegaUK
    :evil: :evil:

Erm… chill, dude :D

Victoria’s first post was titled “Watches For Sale”, and that is the reason why it was deleted. It is true that some members made a few comments that could have been seen as inappropriate, but they were all written in jest and I’m sure nobody was offended.

Victoria has seen the error in her ways, apparently, and all her subsequent posts were polite, thoughtful, and showed a keen interest in watches and horology. They were also grammatically correct, and her tone and choice of vocabulary were always spot-on (which cannot be said for some of the rest of us, yours truly included).

On the whole, I’m with GQ on this one. Anyone who makes an effort to have their dad’s old watch restored so that they, too, can wear it, is welcome here IMO.

So stop grumping now mate :D

Cheers

Stern

Master

i still dont see what the op's done wrong? so what exactly have this so called 'tz crew' :roll: spotted. lots saying stuff but saying nothing.

I've read a lot of rubbish on here recently, and unfortunately more and more of it is coming from you. In what way is this person a fake?

The person is not fake, that would just be silly, but passing yourself as a woman, well I'm sure you will be happy with this and get on well, as you seem to be a Fanny :evil:

The person is not fake, that would just be silly, but passing yourself as a woman, well I'm sure you will be happy with this and get on well, as you seem to be a Fanny :evil:
    Why so rude/aggressive?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK

Why so rude/aggressive?

Indeed :? What is it that offends you, exactly?

Cheers

Stern

Why so rude/aggressive?
    Get him on about UBoats Chris, then he really gets going! Well, he did before he changed his username anyway! :D :wink:
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus

Why so rude/aggressive?
    Get him on about UBoats Chris, then he really gets going! Well, he did before he changed his username anyway! :D :wink:

Merry Christmas to you too, glad to see you have come out of the huff. :D

Master

The person is not fake, that would just be silly, but passing yourself as a woman, well I'm sure you will be happy with this and get on well, as you seem to be a Fanny
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

So Victoria isn't a fake , but by (in your words) passing herself off as a Woman she is? That's some pretty spectacular logic :roll:

Did someone post something before rincewind?
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by rincewind
    The person is not fake, that would just be silly, but passing yourself as a woman, well I'm sure you will be happy with this and get on well, as you seem to be a Fanny
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

So Victoria isn't a fake , but by (in your words) passing herself off as a Woman she is? That's some pretty spectacular logic :roll:
    Listen to me very carefully, now this is purely hypothetical you under stand, but how happy would you be for me, a 40something male, to be in touch with your 14 year old daughter, via facebook or the like telling her that I'm also a 14 year old girl, not too happy I'm sure, see how that fits in with your left wing namby pamby guff.

left wing namby pamby guff.

Oh boy :roll:

I move that this discussion be brought to a screeching halt; otherwise, a derailment is inevitable, and we've seen that happen a few times too many lately.

Cheers

Stern

Master

Listen to me very carefully, now this is purely hypothetical you under stand, but how happy would you be for me, a 40something male, to be in touch with your 14 year old daughter, via facebook or the like telling her that I'm also a 14 year old girl, not too happy I'm sure, see how that fits in with your left wing namby pamby guff.
    How on earth does that equate in any way to an openly transgender person discussing watches on a watch forum. A completely pathetic attempt at justification IMO.

How on earth does that equate in any way to an openly transgender person discussing watches on a watch forum. A completely pathetic attempt at justification IMO.
    It's you that is making that connection not me, I was speaking hypothetically about someone pretending to be someone else. :roll:

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Rarely have i read such a load of bollox (sic)........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by village
    Rarely have i read such a load of bollox (sic)........
    :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry had to laugh that was funny :wink:

Master

It's you that is making that connection not me, I was speaking hypothetically about someone pretending to be someone else.
    Hardly a difficult connection to make based on your reasoning. You offered up that scenario as an attempt to justify why someone posing as someone else is a threat, which in turn is your justification for tracking down additional details about a specific member and providing them to the general community. Your reason for doing this appears to be that you don't like fakes and thnk that transgender people are fake. IMO that's no sort of justification whatsoever and your scenario does not equate in any way to what has happened here. Looking out for the community is all well and good but save it for the important stuff eh :roll:

You can rest safe in your bed tonight, I really doubt Victoria is attempting to 'groom' you.

:roll:

R

Banned

You can rest safe in your bed tonight, I really doubt Victoria is attempting to 'groom' you.

R

thats also funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

i dont feel at risk of being groomed,i should be so lucky :? :lol:

Craftsman

:shock:

It's you that is making that connection not me, I was speaking hypothetically about someone pretending to be someone else.
    Hardly a difficult connection to make based on your reasoning. You offered up that scenario as an attempt to justify why someone posing as someone else is a threat, which in turn is your justification for tracking down additional details about a specific member and providing them to the general community. Your reason for doing this appears to be that you don't like fakes and thnk that transgender people are fake. IMO that's no sort of justification whatsoever and your scenario does not equate in any way to what has happened here. Looking out for the community is all well and good but save it for the important stuff eh :roll:
    I think a name change is in order for you, instead of rincewind, I would change it to rincemyearsout :evil: . Can you tell me where I have tracked down info. and provided others with this info. on Victoria or anyone else for that matter :roll: , so quite how you can say the reason I'm doing all this digging and mud slinging is a farce.
    As for fake watches, they do not bother me one way or the other. As for transgender people, I worked with one until quite recently with no problems at all, and have no axe to grind.

And from now on I want you all to call me Lorreta, it's my right as a man :mrgreen:

It's not really relevant on 'watch talk', but here's my .02c - any person's sexuality is their own issue, and cases of transgender are a genuine medical condition proved by science. I know that won't make sense to flat-earth religious fundamentalists and their ilk, but it's a scientific fact rather than an emotional prejudice. Look it up. Somebody may or not be a 'fake' or misrepresent themselves, but not by reason of a genuine transgendered condition.

Back to watches?

BG

It's NOT YOUR BUSINESS. Goddamn!

Some of you really should go out more. :roll:
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

R
    I've tried to follow this thread but was sinking fast until lifted by Ralphy ^^^ Good boy Ralph - I laughed out loud at that remark ^ :lol:

I think a name change is in order for you, instead of rincewind, I would change it to rincemyearsout :evil: . Can you tell me where I have tracked down info. and provided others with this info. on Victoria or anyone else for that matter :roll: , so quite how you can say the reason I'm doing all this digging and mud slinging is a farce.
    As for fake watches, they do not bother me one way or the other. As for transgender people, I worked with one until quite recently with no problems at all, and have no axe to grind.
    I think you should re-read your own posts - and read others' posts more carefully - instead of throwing insults out at various members. You did attempt to justify others 'tracking down' (if your read again you will see rincewind's comment made no statement of your 'tracking').

You also seem confused on your position of 'fakes':
    It looks to me, just as has been the case on SC recently, where people either present an item, or themself as something it\they are not. And our TZ crew have once again spotted another fake, this time one made of silicon, it's as simple as that, to my mind there is nothing wrong with that at all.
    I've read a lot of rubbish on here recently, and unfortunately more and more of it is coming from you. In what way is this person a fake? The person is not fake, that would just be silly, but passing yourself as a woman, well I'm sure you will be happy with this and get on well, as you seem to be a Fanny :evil:
    R

ralph wrote
    I think you should re-read your own posts - and read others' posts more carefully - instead of throwing insults out at various members. You did attempt to justify others 'tracking down' (if your read again you will see rincewind's comment made no statement of your 'tracking').

rincewind wrote
    which in turn is your justification for tracking down additional details about a specific member and providing them to the general community.

Ralph, you clearly have an axe to grind with me, which is fair enough I suppose, but at least get your facts correct before writing your twisted comments. If you want to join in an blame me for this post turn against a fellow member, then please point to the post where I was tracking down info and passing to others, as I can't find it.

Perhaps you are part of the pack that people a talking about, but you don't realize it. :roll:

ralph wrote

rincewind wrote
    which in turn is your justification for tracking down additional details about a specific member and providing them to the general community.

Ralph, you clearly have an axe to grind with me, which is fair enough I suppose, but at least get your facts correct before writing your twisted comments. If you want to join in an blame me for this post turn against a fellow member, then please point to the post where I was tracking down info and passing to others, as I can't find it.

Perhaps you are part of the pack that people a talking about, but you don't realize it. :roll:
    OK, I'll try again with highlights to assist:

rincewind has not said you personally were tracking down, but that you were justifying the tracking down that has gone on - which you did quite clearly:
    And our TZ crew have once again spotted another fake, this time one made of silicon, it's as simple as that, to my mind there is nothing wrong with that at all.
    For the record, I have no axe to grind with you (seems a rather paranoid statement) - either with you as you now post or as you when you posted under a different name, my facts are correct, my comments are not twisted and I'm not part of a pack (paranoia again?). The 'pack' really aren't out to get you, you know; rather that some feel your comments required challenging.

But after all the above and despite your comment that the member was a fake made out of silicon you now seem happy to have Victoria/Vicky as a member here so that's good to hear.

R

ralph wrote

rincewind wrote

OK, I'll try again with highlights to assist:

rincewind has not said you personally were tracking down, but that you were justifying the tracking down that has gone on - which you did quite clearly:
    And our TZ crew have once again spotted another fake, this time one made of silicon, it's as simple as that, to my mind there is nothing wrong with that at all.
    For the record, I have no axe to grind with you (seems a rather paranoid statement) - either with you as you now post or as you when you posted under a different name, my facts are correct, my comments are not twisted and I'm not part of a pack (paranoia again?). The 'pack' really aren't out to get you, you know; rather that some feel your comments required challenging.

But after all the above and despite your comment that the member was a fake made out of silicon you now seem happy to have Victoria/Vicky as a member here so that's good to hear.

R
    Sorry but I'm not paranoid at all, and your facts are not correct, but you have managed to slip\slime passed the one question that was asked of you. This I can assume is down to you now reading correctly the comments of others, but are unable to admit that you made a mistake.

My thoughts on this thread, in pictures :D

Merry xmas Vicky and happy new year.

Craftsman

All this seems to be related to the fact that people were suspicious about victoria as she didn't appear to be who she was purporting to be. I admit I thought a con or someone havin a laugh/playin with us was afoot. Now it turns out that victoria had been completely truthfull since the start in a different thread but for whatever reasons that thread disappeared.

Since that thread had disappeared anyone who hadn't seen it obviously smelled a rat. That's what works well here. But in this case there is no rat or con taking place just someone who is a little different to most of us who likes watches. And since this is a watch forum that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by gasgasbones
    Well put Carl. Here's some restful birdsong to maintain the peaceful ambience. :)
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgasbones
    Well put Carl. Here's some restful birdsong to maintain the peaceful ambience. :)
    Thats beautiful man, reeeealy beautiful.

Peace out

Quote Originally Posted by whoami
    That thread currently stands at 88 pages. This one won't :twisted: .

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

Eddie
    Amen
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Sorry but I'm not paranoid at all, and your facts are not correct, but you have managed to slip\slime passed the one question that was asked of you. This I can assume is down to you now reading correctly the comments of others, but are unable to admit that you made a mistake.
    There has been no question asked of me though, I appreciate that spelling and grammar are not your strength so will make allowances for your reading and comprehension of the English language too - but if I've missed this question do show me.

The insulting remarks you make to members in your posts speaks volumes.

All the best, I'm out of this thread.

R

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne

Eddie
    It's actually a very interesting read.

Brave person to post it on PH too.

There has been no question asked of me though, I appreciate that spelling and grammar are not your strength so will make allowances for your reading and comprehension of the English language too - but if I've missed this question do show me.

The insulting remarks you make to members in your posts speaks volumes.

All the best, I'm out of this thread.

R
    Sorry about the spelling and grammar, but at least I read all the posts,not just the bits I like, but for the hard of thinking\reading here it is again.

rincewind wrote

Really! :roll:

Master

welcome to the Forum Victoria :)

Lets close this thread now... :roll:

This thread developed into something most inappropriate for "Watch Talk" (probably shouldn't have started in here anyway). If anyone wants to continue their personal vendettas, start a new thread in The Pit.

Eddie

Thread closed.
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".